College of Western Idaho
- The teacher population of 272 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|College of Western Idaho||(ID) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||272 staff||265 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,217 students||5,032 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||38:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,480 students||2,051 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6,737 students||2,981 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to College of Western Idaho is Carrington College-Boise (12.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 494 students | 12.40 Mi1122 North Liberty Street
Boise,  ID  83704
- 2,396 students | 36.60 Mi650 College Blvd
Ontario,  OR  97914
- 7,021 students | 125.00 Mi315 Falls Ave.
Twin Falls,  ID  83301
- 1,731 students | 181.90 Mi2411 NW Carden Ave
Pendleton,  OR  97801
- 10,536 students | 191.10 Mi500 Tausick Way
Walla Walla,  WA  99362
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.