Spokane Falls Community College
- The teacher population of 173 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Spokane Falls Community College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||173 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,970 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||35:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,299 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,671 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,500||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Spokane Falls Community College is located in Spokane, Washington. It is situated above the Spokane River on a 113-acre site, with lush trees and expansive lawns. This secluded and unique setting is enhanced with views of distant scenery of neighboring Riverside State Park and the Centennial Trail. The college offers comprehensive academic transfer, professional/technical, developmental, basic skills, and continuing education programs; provides comprehensive student support services; serves diverse communities; increasing flexible and innovative educational opportunities; becomes an active partner in promoting community services of an educational, cultural, and recreational nature; and contributes to the economic well-being of the communities we serve. SFCC is a comprehensive community college offering a strong liberal arts program for those seeking an Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree. We also have state of the art professional-technical programs designed to prepare you to enter the world of work or upgrade skills in order to keep up with a changing workplace. You can even begin training to become a commercial airplane pilot at SFCC. Our courses and programs have fully equipped laboratories and state-of-the-art equipment. Other learning resources include the library with 30 computer workstations; 10 computer labs, including a comprehensive Math Learning Center, a 200-station Computing Resource Center, and the International Language Center. In 1995, our Technical Arts Building opened with a Competency-based Education Resource Center, Graphic Design Learning labs, and an electronic classroom. The college is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- The nearest community college to Spokane Falls Community College is Interface College-Spokane (2.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 91 students | 2.70 MiS 178 Stevens
Spokane,  WA  99201
- 9,974 students | 5.10 Mi1810 North Greene Street
Spokane,  WA  99217
- 6,049 students | 31.30 Mi1000 West Garden Avenue
Coeur D Alene,  ID  83814
- 2,016 students | 93.30 Mi7662 Chanute St NE
Moses Lake,  WA  98837
- 10,536 students | 116.80 Mi500 Tausick Way
Walla Walla,  WA  99362
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.