- Flathead Valley Community College promotes excellence in lifelong learning by offering two-year college programs, the first two years of a four-year college degree, occupational training, and opportunities that enhance the cultural, social, and economic well-being of our students and communities.
Flathead Valley Community College serves 2,049 students (35% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 28% of the student body (majority Black and Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 38%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,049 students
- In-state tuition: $5,192
- Out-state tuition: $10,960
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 28%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Flathead Valley Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Montana for:
The teacher population of 233 teachers has grown by 121% over five years.
Flathead Valley Community College
(MT) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Flathead Valley Community College has declined by 11% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has decreased from 10:1 over five years.
The Flathead Valley Community College diversity score of 0.46 is less than the state average of 0.54. The school's diversity has grown by 18% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,192 is more than the state average of $4,139. The in-state tuition has declined by 13% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $10,960 is more than the state average of $8,788. The out-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Flathead Valley Community College is a comprehensive community college, providing college transfer, vocational-technical and community service classes for residents of northwestern Montana. We are nestled in between the Rocky Mountains and Flathead Lake, the USA's largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi. Our award winning, one-level campus is located just minutes from Glacier National Park, the Bob Marshall Wilderness, and two of Montana's finest ski resorts. FVCC students get a great education right here in Mother Nature's finest outdoor classroom! Flathead Valley Community College promotes excellence in lifelong learning by offering two-year college programs, the first two years of a four-year college degree, occupational training, and opportunities that enhance the cultural, social, and economic well-being of our students and communities. In the 1960's, residents of the Flathead Valley recognized a need for localized higher education. Glacier College, in conjunction with Whitworth College of Spokane, provided some educational services over the course of several years. In 1984-85 the College added the Glacier Institute program in Glacier Park and the Lincoln County Campus which provides classes to the residents of Lincoln County. These programs are fully accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. FVCC hosts intercollegiate sport teams for men and women in soccer and cross-country running. Co-ed intramurals include soccer, tennis, basketball, volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, golf, folf, and many others. A wide variety of outdoor activities and sports are available in the area, such as downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, canoeing, golfing, hiking, fishing, mountain climbing and biking, and windsurfing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Flathead Valley Community College cost?
Flathead Valley Community College's tuition is approximately $5,192 for In-State students and $10,960 for Out-State students.
What is Flathead Valley Community College's ranking?
Flathead Valley Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Montana for: Largest student body.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.