Flathead Valley Community College
- Flathead Valley Community College promotes excellence in lifelong learning by offering two-year college programs, the first two years of a four-year college degree, occupational training, and opportunities that enhance the cultural, social, and economic well-being of our students and communities.
- The teacher population of 105 teachers has grown by 9% over five years.
|Flathead Valley Community College||(MT) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associate of Arts Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Less than 2 yrs|
|Total Faculty||105 staff||54 staff|
|Total Enrollment||2,216 students||1,310 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||20:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,082 students||670 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,134 students||640 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.33||0.48|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$34,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Flathead Valley Community College is a comprehensive community college, providing college transfer, vocational-technical and community service classes for residents of northwestern Montana. We are nestled in between the Rocky Mountains and Flathead Lake, the USA's largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi. Our award winning, one-level campus is located just minutes from Glacier National Park, the Bob Marshall Wilderness, and two of Montana's finest ski resorts. FVCC students get a great education right here in Mother Nature's finest outdoor classroom! Flathead Valley Community College promotes excellence in lifelong learning by offering two-year college programs, the first two years of a four-year college degree, occupational training, and opportunities that enhance the cultural, social, and economic well-being of our students and communities. In the 1960's, residents of the Flathead Valley recognized a need for localized higher education. Glacier College, in conjunction with Whitworth College of Spokane, provided some educational services over the course of several years. In 1984-85 the College added the Glacier Institute program in Glacier Park and the Lincoln County Campus which provides classes to the residents of Lincoln County. These programs are fully accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. FVCC hosts intercollegiate sport teams for men and women in soccer and cross-country running. Co-ed intramurals include soccer, tennis, basketball, volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, golf, folf, and many others. A wide variety of outdoor activities and sports are available in the area, such as downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, canoeing, golfing, hiking, fishing, mountain climbing and biking, and windsurfing.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,049 students | 120.30 Mi1000 West Garden Avenue
Coeur D Alene,  ID  83814
- 9,974 students | 145.20 Mi1810 North Greene Street
Spokane,  WA  99217
- 91 students | 148.40 MiS 178 Stevens
Spokane,  WA  99201
- 5,970 students | 150.20 Mi3410 W Fort George Wright Dr
Spokane,  WA  99224
- 1,897 students | 150.80 Mi2100 16th Ave S
Great Falls,  MT  59405
December 01, 2017
Learn about trending community college topics this week such as San Francisco's move toward free tuition at community colleges and the rise in hunger and homelessness among community college students across the country.
December 01, 2017
This summer will be wrapping up before we know of it, and your first semester at community college is rapidly approaching. Are you ready for it?
December 01, 2017
To encourage students to pursue higher education, some states are considering plans to offer zero-tuition programs at public community colleges. These programs could make college a reality for many young people, however, critics argue such programs would cost taxpayers a significant amount of money.