Flathead Valley Community College
- Flathead Valley Community College promotes excellence in lifelong learning by offering two-year college programs, the first two years of a four-year college degree, occupational training, and opportunities that enhance the cultural, social, and economic well-being of our students and communities.
- Enrollment: 2,406 students
- In-state tuition: $5,192
- Out-state tuition: $10,960
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 28%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Flathead Valley Community College is a comprehensive community college, providing college transfer, vocational-technical and community service classes for residents of northwestern Montana. We are nestled in between the Rocky Mountains and Flathead Lake, the USA's largest freshwater lake west of the Mississippi. Our award winning, one-level campus is located just minutes from Glacier National Park, the Bob Marshall Wilderness, and two of Montana's finest ski resorts. FVCC students get a great education right here in Mother Nature's finest outdoor classroom! Flathead Valley Community College promotes excellence in lifelong learning by offering two-year college programs, the first two years of a four-year college degree, occupational training, and opportunities that enhance the cultural, social, and economic well-being of our students and communities. In the 1960's, residents of the Flathead Valley recognized a need for localized higher education. Glacier College, in conjunction with Whitworth College of Spokane, provided some educational services over the course of several years. In 1984-85 the College added the Glacier Institute program in Glacier Park and the Lincoln County Campus which provides classes to the residents of Lincoln County. These programs are fully accredited by the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges. FVCC hosts intercollegiate sport teams for men and women in soccer and cross-country running. Co-ed intramurals include soccer, tennis, basketball, volleyball, ultimate Frisbee, golf, folf, and many others. A wide variety of outdoor activities and sports are available in the area, such as downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, canoeing, golfing, hiking, fishing, mountain climbing and biking, and windsurfing.