Spokane Community College
- At Spokane Community College, we strive to provide our community accessible and affordable educational opportunities responsive to the needs of our diverse population.
- The teacher population of 271 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Spokane Community College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||271 staff||145 staff|
|Total Enrollment||9,974 students||4,463 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1||31:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,757 students||2,353 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,217 students||2,110 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,600||$36,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- SCC is one of the top community colleges in the state: outstanding professional/technical programs in many high-demand fields; lively arts and sciences classes that constantly challenge students to reach out and explore the world; instructors who skillfully combine high academic expectations with a caring, personalized approach emphasizing student success; and a staff that consistently demonstrates its unshakable commitment to student service. Located at the corner of Mission Avenue and Greene Street in east Spokane, SCC is highly regarded for its professional-technical programs, including specialties in health sciences; information technology; industrial, manufacturing and automotive technology; hospitality and culinary arts; building trades; and agriculture and natural resource management. The college also has a strong educational tradition in the liberal arts. The campus includes 23 administrative, academic, and support buildings located on 148 acres next to the Spokane River midway between the cities of Spokane and Spokane Valley. SCC is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and governed by the Washington State Board of Community and Technical College.
- The nearest community college to Spokane Community College is Interface College-Spokane (3.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 91 students | 3.20 MiS 178 Stevens
Spokane,  WA  99201
- 5,970 students | 5.10 Mi3410 W Fort George Wright Dr
Spokane,  WA  99224
- 6,049 students | 26.20 Mi1000 West Garden Avenue
Coeur D Alene,  ID  83814
- 2,016 students | 98.10 Mi7662 Chanute St NE
Moses Lake,  WA  98837
- 10,536 students | 118.50 Mi500 Tausick Way
Walla Walla,  WA  99362
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.