Big Bend Community College
- The mission of Big Bend Community College is to serve the educational needs of a diverse population throughout its service district. As a comprehensive two-year community college, the institution works with its partners to provide a variety of educational opportunities, including courses and training for university and college transfer, occupational and technical programs, basic skills and developmental education, community and continuing education, pre-employment and customized training for local business and industry and support services for students.
|Big Bend Community College||(WA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Traditional||Baccalaureate/Associate's Colleges: Associate's Dominant|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||214 staff||353 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
- BBCC is one of the smallest community colleges in Washington State, yet it serves one of the largest rural districts of 4,600 square miles. The service district includes all of Grant and Adams Counties and the Odessa School District in Lincoln County. Big Bend Community College was authorized by the Washington State Board of Education in 1961. Beginning fall quarter 1962 BBCC held its first regular classes at night in Moses Lake High School. The college opened classes in a new facility located a short distance southeast of the city of Moses Lake fall quarter 1963. In 1966, BBCC acquired a 159-acre tract of land on the former Larson Air Force Base, which became the permanent college campus for all programs in 1975. Since 1962 our six-fold mission of college transfer, vocational and developmental education, community service/continuing education, business and industry partnerships, and student support services has provided the environment for their success. BBCC offers the Associate in Arts and Science (AA&S) DirectTransfer Agreement (DTA) degree, the Associate in Science (AS) degree, the Associate in Pre-Nursing DTA/MRP (Major Ready Pathway) degree, the Associate in Applied Science-Transfer (AAS-T) degree, the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree, the Associate in General Studies (AGS) degree and the Certificates of Achievement and Accomplishment. Big Bend Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Its transfer credits are normally accepted by other accredited colleges.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,352 students | 50.30 Mi1300 Fifth St
Wenatchee, WA 98801
(509) 682-6800 50.303,352
- 7,280 students | 65.10 Mi2600 N 20th Ave
Pasco, WA 99301
(509) 547-0511 65.107,280
- 4,650 students | 70.30 MiSouth 16th Ave. & Nob Hill Blvd.
Yakima, WA 98907
(509) 574-4600 70.304,650
- 3,671 students | 91.00 Mi500 Tausick Way
Walla Walla, WA 99362
(509) 522-2500 91.003,671
- 5,023 students | 93.20 Mi3410 W Fort George Wright Dr
Spokane, WA 99224
(509) 533-3500 93.205,023