North Country Community College
North Country Community College Photo #2 - College Hall: Offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, & Veteran Services
- Located in the Adirondacks of New York and just minutes from Lake Placid, North Country Community College is committed to providing an innovative, challenging, supportive environment where the intellectual, career, personal and creative aspirations of all interested individuals can be realized. As the only public college located in the Adirondack Park, we offer educational, cultural and recreational programs and experiences to a 3,500 square mile service area with 90,000 inhabitants. Each year, students enroll at our three locations in Saranac Lake, Malone, and Ticonderoga from every region of New York, New England, and countries around the world. We are proud to offer a progressive and individualized education to suit degrees, certifications and foundational credits. This is in addition to receiving a personal experience in a small-classroom setting. Living and learning here provides our students with the benefit of attending one of State University of New York`s most unique colleges. To learn more, visit www.nccc.edu.
- The teacher population of 103 teachers has grown by 68% over five years.
|North Country Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||103 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,882 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||804 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,078 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||451|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,800||$35,200|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Lacrosse,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Environmental Club, International Travel Club, Massage Therapy Club, National Honor Societies, Nursing Club, Outdoor Club (hiking/kayaking/etc)
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The people of Essex and Franklin counties of New York founded North Country Community College in 1967. The College's mission is to provide the highest quality public, post secondary education to area residents, as well as those outside the region, who desire to live, learn and grow in a unique educational setting. The main campus of North Country Community College, which houses the administrative offices of the institution, is located in Saranac Lake. The College also has two branch campuses: Malone, in Franklin County and Ticonderoga, in Essex County. This allows the College to better serve the students of these geographically diverse populations. NCCC has the largest service district of any New York State community college, responding to the educational needs of the people in a 3,500 square-mile area. North Country maintains a strong reputation for progressive academic curriculum that is anchored in the liberal arts tradition. College programs are ideal for those students who plan on attaining a 2 or 4 year degree, as well as those seeking a career change. Degree programs are offered in Business Studies, Health Related Careers, Human Services and Liberal Arts & Sciences.
- The nearest community college to North Country Community College is Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science (10.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 892 students | 10.40 MiState Routes 30 and 86
Paul Smiths,  NY  12970
- 1,868 students | 40.30 Mi136 Clinton Point Dr
Plattsburgh,  NY  12901
- 3,585 students | 46.50 Mi246 S. Willard St
Burlington,  VT  05401
- 3,278 students | 55.80 Mi34 Cornell Drive
Canton,  NY  13617
- 4,247 students | 70.60 Mi640 Bay Rd
Queensbury,  NY  12804
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.