North Country Community College
Tel: (888) 879-6222
- Located in the Adirondacks of New York and just minutes from Lake Placid, North Country Community College is committed to providing an innovative, challenging, supportive environment where the intellectual, career, personal and creative aspirations of all interested individuals can be realized. As the only public college located in the Adirondack Park, we offer educational, cultural and recreational programs and experiences to a 3,500 square mile service area with 90,000 inhabitants. Each year, students enroll at our three locations in Saranac Lake, Malone, and Ticonderoga from every region of New York, New England, and countries around the world. We are proud to offer a progressive and individualized education to suit degrees, certifications and foundational credits. This is in addition to receiving a personal experience in a small-classroom setting. Living and learning here provides our students with the benefit of attending one of State University of New York`s most unique colleges. To learn more, visit www.nccc.edu.
- The teacher population of 103 teachers has grown by 68% over five years.
|North Country Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||103 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,882 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||804 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,078 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||451|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,800||$35,200|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Lacrosse, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Lacrosse,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Environmental Club, International Travel Club, Massage Therapy Club, National Honor Societies, Nursing Club, Outdoor Club (hiking/kayaking/etc)
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The people of Essex and Franklin counties of New York founded North Country Community College in 1967. The College's mission is to provide the highest quality public, post secondary education to area residents, as well as those outside the region, who desire to live, learn and grow in a unique educational setting. The main campus of North Country Community College, which houses the administrative offices of the institution, is located in Saranac Lake. The College also has two branch campuses: Malone, in Franklin County and Ticonderoga, in Essex County. This allows the College to better serve the students of these geographically diverse populations. NCCC has the largest service district of any New York State community college, responding to the educational needs of the people in a 3,500 square-mile area. North Country maintains a strong reputation for progressive academic curriculum that is anchored in the liberal arts tradition. College programs are ideal for those students who plan on attaining a 2 or 4 year degree, as well as those seeking a career change. Degree programs are offered in Business Studies, Health Related Careers, Human Services and Liberal Arts & Sciences.
- The nearest community college to North Country Community College is Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science (16.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 892 students | 16.20 MiState Routes 30 and 86
Paul Smiths,  NY  12970
(518) 327-6014 16.20892
- 1,868 students | 40.60 Mi136 Clinton Point Dr
Plattsburgh,  NY  12901
- 3,585 students | 46.50 Mi246 S. Willard St
Burlington,  VT  05401
(802) 860-2700 46.503,585
- 5,844 students | 47.90 Mi1 Abenaki Way
Winooski,  VT  05404
(802) 828-2800 47.905,844
- 3,278 students | 55.70 Mi34 Cornell Drive
Canton,  NY  13617
(315) 386-7011 55.703,278
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.