Niagara County Community College
Tel: (716) 614-6222
- The mission of Niagara County Community College is to provide the people of the Niagara region with a teaching and learning environment dedicated to excellence. Niagara County Community College is committed to maintaining the hallmark of student centeredness, accessibility, comprehensiveness, collegiality, community partnership and lifelong learning.
The teacher population of 211 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Niagara County Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||211 staff||81 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- NCCC was created in 1962 and took its name from the County of Niagara, its local sponsor. The original campus was located in downtown Niagara Falls and its main building was the former Nabisco Shredded Wheat plant. The current campus, which opened in 1973, is an example of sound planning. Approximately 5,000 students are enrolled in credit programs and thousands more take advantage annually of the College's extensive credit-free courses, short-term vocational programs, online education, and cultural and events. Niagara County Community College is centrally located in Niagara County on a beautiful 287-acre rural campus. NCCC ranks among the top schools in the SUNY system for student success. Our placement rates at four-year institutions—and in the job market—are exceptional. With more than 40 degree and certificate programs, Niagara County Community College offers a wide range of courses to help you on your way to an exciting and rewarding career. NCCC is authorized by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York to award the Associate in Arts Degree (AA), the Associate in Science Degree (AS), the Associate in Applied Science Degree (AAS) and the Associate in Occupational Science Degree (AOS) to regularly matriculated students upon successful completion of curriculum requirements. Niagara County Community College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
The nearest community college to Niagara County Community College is Bryant & Stratton College-Amherst (10.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 356 students | 10.00 Mi3650 Millersport Highway
Getzville,  NY  14068
(716) 625-6300 10.00356
- 545 students | 16.70 Mi240 Pine Ridge Rd
Buffalo,  NY  14225
(716) 896-0700 16.70545
- 800 students | 18.00 Mi465 Main Street, Suite 400
Buffalo,  NY  14203
(716) 884-9120 18.00800
- 12,733 students | 18.30 Mi121 Ellicott St
Buffalo,  NY  14203
(716) 842-2770 18.3012,733
- 1,467 students | 21.00 Mi360 Choate Ave
Buffalo,  NY  14220
(716) 826-1200 21.001,467
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.