Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science
Tel: (518) 327-6014
Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science Photo #2 - An overview of Paul Smith's College's Campus is gorgeous and a good way to showcase how lucky we are to be located on Lower St. Regis in the middle of the Adirondack State Park in Upstate, N.Y.
Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science Photo #3 - Our stagecoach proudly situated in front of our gorgeous Joan Weill Adirondack Library as we honor the heritage of our college.
Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science Photo #4 - Foresty Department:Our experiential learning is sure to assist our forestry department in bettering their skills and having real-life experience for the next stage of life. Here you see them using a log-loader to enhance their skills in the field.
Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science Photo #5 - Environment & Society: This department provides real-life experience and degrees to students that are interested in the world around them. Check out our recreation students exploring some mountains right in our "backyard".
Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science Photo #6 - Business & Hospitality: Business and Hospitality is a staple here at Paul Smith's College as the area was previously a hotel prior to becoming a college.
Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science Photo #7 - Natural Sciences: The joy of our location is proven daily in our Natural Science Department. Many labs and classes are able to study right outside the doors of our academic buildings. We are surrounded by a living, learning, and working environment that is often used for studying and labs in all areas of this department.
- The Paul Smith's College community provides an experiential educational environment that encourages students to be actively engaged in their own learning experience by fostering creative, ethical and intellectual growth.
The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||64 staff||88 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Climbing, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing, Rugby, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Nordic Skiing, Rock Climbing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||21 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Adventure Sports Club, Anime and Gaming Club, Bass Fishing Club, Beekeeping Club, Cheerleading Club, Culinary Club, DECA, FFA Club, Fish and Game Club, Forestry Club, Intervarsity Christian Fellowship, Lady Bobcats Rugby, Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT), Osgood Pond Club, PSC Pride, PSC Snowcats, Rugby (Men's), Society of American Foresters (SAF), Veterans Club, Wildlife Society
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Paul Smith's College is set in the Adirondacks of Northern New York amid awe-inspiring mountains, sparkling lakes and lush forests. The main campus of the 14,200 acre property is on the shores of Lower St. Regis Lake, providing a safe, comfortable and invigorating environment to obtain baccalaureate or associate degrees. Students may choose from a variety of four-and two- year degree programs. Bachelor's programs include Biology, Business, Culinary Arts and Service Management, Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences, Forestry, Hotel, Resort and Tourism Management, Natural Resources, and Recreation, Adventure Travel and Ecotourism (RATE). Alternatively, careers also start with Associate degrees in programs such as Business, Culinary Arts, Forest Recreation or Forest Technician, Liberal Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Outdoor Recreation, Surveying, or Urban Tree Management. Our small class sizes allow each student to realize his or her potential. The 14-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio means teachers, mentors, and advisors are always close at hand to listen and encourage individual growth. And, although our community is small, our scope extends far beyond the Adirondacks. Paul Smith's College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science is North Country Community College (16.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,978 students | 16.20 Mi23 Santanoni Avenue
Saranac Lake,  NY  12983
(518) 891-2915 16.201,978
- 3,213 students | 43.50 Mi34 Cornell Drive
Canton,  NY  13617
(315) 386-7011 43.503,213
- 1,353 students | 43.60 Mi136 Clinton Point Dr.
Plattsburgh,  NY  12901
(518) 562-4200 43.601,353
- 5,378 students | 55.40 Mi660 Elm Street
Montpelier,  VT  05602
(802) 828-4060 55.405,378
- 3,727 students | 86.40 Mi640 Bay Rd
Queensbury,  NY  12804
(518) 743-2200 86.403,727
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.