Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science
- The Paul Smith's College community provides a dynamic educational environment which encourages students to be actively engaged in their own learning experience by fostering creative, ethical and intellectual growth.
- The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||Four or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||64 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||892 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||882 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||10 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||897||451|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,200||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Paul Smith's College is set in the Adirondacks of Northern New York amid awe-inspiring mountains, sparkling lakes and lush forests. The main campus of the 14,200 acre property is on the shores of Lower St. Regis Lake, providing a safe, comfortable and invigorating environment to obtain baccalaureate or associate degrees. Students may choose from a variety of four-and two- year degree programs. Bachelor's programs include Biology, Business, Culinary Arts and Service Management, Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences, Forestry, Hotel, Resort and Tourism Management, Natural Resources, and Recreation, Adventure Travel and Ecotourism (RATE). Alternatively, careers also start with Associate degrees in programs such as Business, Culinary Arts, Forest Recreation or Forest Technician, Liberal Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Outdoor Recreation, Surveying, or Urban Tree Management. Our small class sizes allow each student to realize his or her potential. The 14-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio means teachers, mentors, and advisors are always close at hand to listen and encourage individual growth. And, although our community is small, our scope extends far beyond the Adirondacks. Paul Smith's College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Paul Smiths College of Arts and Science is North Country Community College (10.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,882 students | 10.40 Mi23 Santanoni Avenue; PO Box 89
Saranac Lake,  NY  12983
- 1,868 students | 42.30 Mi136 Clinton Point Dr
Plattsburgh,  NY  12901
- 3,278 students | 47.10 Mi34 Cornell Drive
Canton,  NY  13617
- 3,585 students | 51.70 Mi246 S. Willard St
Burlington,  VT  05401
- 4,247 students | 80.60 Mi640 Bay Rd
Queensbury,  NY  12804
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.