Clinton Community College
- Clinton Community College, a member unit of the State University of New York, is situated at Bluff Point, approximately 4 miles south of Plattsburgh, on forested heights overlooking Lake Champlain.Clinton Community College (CCC) plays a unique role in the local community and within the state by offering traditional and nontraditional students access to a variety of educational programs taught by a highly dedicated faculty. Students attending CCC have the option of living at home, or they may choose to register for campus housing. Many CCC students attend for two years, earn a degree or certificate, then transfer to a four-year university. Other students graduate and enter directly into the workforce or attend CCC for a short period of time to meet a specific educational need. In the fall of 2015, Clinton Community College enrolled approximately 2,400 full-time and part-time students. While the college features the modern equipment and facilities necessary for contemporary educational needs, its distinctive architecture and spectacular natural setting hint at significant times of the past. In fact, the Bluff Point locale has been the scene of some of the most important events in the founding of the American Republic and its tradition. It is fitting that an area so magnificently beautiful and so much a part of the early development of the United States is maintained for public use and enjoyment. Bluff Point belongs to the citizens of Clinton County who now share the breathtaking scenery and sense of history, which had once been reserved for only a few.
- The teacher population of 73 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Clinton Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||73 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,868 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||911 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||957 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||451|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,600||$35,200|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Clinton Community College, a SUNY institution dedicated to accessible, quality educational experiences. The College will offer and continue to develop university parallel programs, terminal associate degree pro-grams and other appropriate career programs. The College is also committed to offering a wide range of courses, workshops and seminars appropriate for job skills development, leisure time activities and healthful living, as well as providing opportunities for community enrichment. The college offers degrees & programs in Business & Technology, Math/Science, Nursing & Allied Health and Liberal Arts: Humanities and Social Science. Our campus is known for its historic surroundings and panoramic views of Lake Champlain, Vermont's Green Mountains, and New York's Adirondack Mountains. We provide a full-range collegiate experience with residence halls, student clubs, athletics, and a student centered learning environment. We have an outstanding faculty and staff dedicated to student success. While the college features the modern equipment and facilities necessary for contemporary educational needs, its distinctive architecture and spectacular natural setting hint at significant times of the past.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,585 students | 17.00 Mi246 S. Willard St
Burlington,  VT  05401
- 1,882 students | 40.30 Mi23 Santanoni Avenue; PO Box 89
Saranac Lake,  NY  12983
- 892 students | 42.30 MiState Routes 30 and 86
Paul Smiths,  NY  12970
- 5,844 students | 50.00 Mi1 Abenaki Way
Winooski,  VT  05404
- 132 students | 50.00 Mi660 Elm St
Montpelier,  VT  05602
If you are interested in sleep, then a polysomnography career may be right for you. Learn about how you can begin this lucrative career in studying sleep disorders at your local community college.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.