Blue Cliff College-Gulfport
- The Blue Cliff College-Gulfport campus is conveniently located in an 18,000 square foot building that contains six lecture rooms, one computer lab with 20 computers, two massage therapy technique labs, a hydrotherapy lab, a spa level cosmetology lab with skin and nail clinics. The College will also provide weekly clinics for the public in massage therapy and cosmetology. The facility also houses a lounge area for students, a retail area, and a learning resource center, including an electronic library, books and periodicals.
- The teacher population of 18 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Blue Cliff College-Gulfport||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||18 staff||138 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||5||5|
|Total Enrollment||178 students||2,966 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||119 students||2,344 students|
|# Part-Time Students||59 students||622 students|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,200||$29,800|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||71%||91%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,500||$7,500|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,349||$4,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Blue Cliff College-Gulfport is Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College (25.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 9,799 students | 25.50 Mi51 Main Street
Perkinston,  MS  39573
- 4,529 students | 42.40 Mi101 Hwy 11 N
Poplarville,  MS  39470
- n/a students | 47.80 Mi1000 Canulette Rd
Slidell,  LA  70458
- 352 students | 51.50 Mi7033 Airport Blvd.
Mobile,  AL  36608
- 3,752 students | 54.40 Mi1710 Sullivan Dr
Bogalusa,  LA  70427
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.