Pearl River Community College
Pearl River Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Mississippi for:
- Category Attribute
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 373 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Pearl River Community College||(MS) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||373 staff||138 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,529 students||2,966 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1||22:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,127 students||2,344 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,402 students||622 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||1,000||593|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,100||$29,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Pearl River Community College is the state's oldest publicly funded two-year college. The campus features historic buildings situated on one of the loveliest campuses in the south. A complementary blend of old and new enhances the student's learning experience. Pearl River Community College has two campuses, one in Poplarville and one in Hattiesburg. The main campus at Poplarville is located on U.S. Highway 11. The Forrest County Center is located in Hattiesburg on U.S. Highway 49 South. PRCC was originally founded as the Pearl River County Agricultural High School in 1909 and became the first community college in Mississippi in 1921. Some of the buildings date back from the early 20's, but have been well maintained over the years and serve as landmarks on the modern campus. Academic courses are designed for the student who will go on to a four-year institution to obtain a Bachelor's degree. Technical courses are designed for the student who wants to get a good grounding in his or her preferred field and then go to work after two years of school. Career courses are for the student who wishes to go to school for a year and then go to work.
- The nearest community college to Pearl River Community College is Northshore Technical Community College (19.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,752 students | 19.00 Mi1710 Sullivan Dr
Bogalusa,  LA  70427
- 9,799 students | 24.30 Mi51 Main Street
Perkinston,  MS  39573
- 209 students | 37.10 Mi1500 N 31st Ave
Hattiesburg,  MS  39401
- 178 students | 40.80 Mi12251 Bernard Pkwy
Gulfport,  MS  39503
- n/a students | 42.40 Mi1000 Canulette Rd
Slidell,  LA  70458
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.