Louisiana Technical College-Slidell Campus
- The Louisiana Technical College (LTC) delivers instructional programs which provide skilled employees for business and industry that contribute to the overall economic development and workforce needs of the state. The LTC provides individuals with quality and relevant learning opportunities consistent with identified student and business and industry needs within a life-long learning environment.
|Louisiana Technical College-Slidell Campus||(LA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|% Unknown races|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Louisiana Technical College provides statewide technical and vocational education and is composed of seven districts with forty campuses, each consisting of a multicultural population encompassing much diversification in the way of ideas, traditions, values, skills, and arts. This college is governed by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Board of Supervisors, which in turn comes under regulations set forth by the Louisiana Board of Regents for Higher Education. The Louisiana Technical College works closely with local and statewide industry to bring the latest training programs to our students. Each campus offers customized training programs. The Accrediting Commission of the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accredits each individual campus of the Louisiana Technical College.
The nearest community college to Louisiana Technical College-Slidell Campus is Louisiana Technical College-Sidney N Collier Campus (23.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 23.60 Mi3727 Louisa St
New Orleans,  LA  70126
(504) 736-7072 23.60n/a
- 2,371 students | 23.90 Mi3710 Paris Rd
Chalmette,  LA  70043
(504) 278-6200 23.902,371
- 14,258 students | 26.70 Mi615 City Park Avenue
New Orleans,  LA  70119
(504) 671-5000 26.7014,258
- 120 students | 28.00 Mi1415 Whitney Ave
Gretna,  LA  70053
(504) 366-5409 28.00120
- 289 students | 31.00 Mi5200 Blair Drive
Metairie,  LA  70001
(504) 671-6700 31.00289
For-profit colleges are now becoming an alternative for community college students who are stuck on waiting lists or who hope to earn bachelor's degrees. Learn more about the opportunities and articulation agreements between for-profit colleges and community colleges.
Education now comes with a money-back guarantee. Learn about which community college is guaranteeing that its graduates will secure jobs - or get their money back.
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.