Roanoke-Chowan Community College
Tel: (252) 862-1200
Roanoke-Chowan Community College Photo #2 - Four-year college students benefit from taking some community college courses. #RCCC #ReadytoRise https://www.ccdaily.com
- As a member of the North Carolina Community College System, the mission of Roanoke-Chowan Community College is to provide relevant and affordable programs of study to prepare students for transfer and/or entry into the workforce, leading them to contribute to the vitality of an increasingly global community.
Roanoke-Chowan Community College places among the top 20% of community colleges in North Carolina for:
The teacher population of 64 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Roanoke-Chowan Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||64 staff||139 staff|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Computer Information Technology Club, Male Mentoring, Nursing Club, Phi Beta Lambda, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, Skills USA, Student Ambassadors, Student Government Association, Women of Standards
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- In 1967 an abandoned prison compound located near the Village of Union was purchased. Under the leadership of the State Rep. Roberts H. Jernigan, Jr., and with the support of Sen. J. J. "Monk" Harrington and Rep. Emmett Burden, funds to establish a two-year, vocational and technical training institution in Hertford County were provided by the North Carolina General Assembly. Originally called Roanoke-Chowan Technical Institute, the institution's name changed to Roanoke-Chowan Technical College in 1981 and to Roanoke-Chowan Community College in 1987. The 41-acre RCCC campus boasts five modern classroom buildings. Also, a seven-acre Arboretum/Environmental Science Outdoor Laboratory is part of the campus. It has been designated as a Project WILD Education Site by the NC Wildlife Resources Commission. The site is open to the public for self-guided tours and is used as part of curricular and continuing education classroom instruction. More than 20 curricular programs now are offered in which students can earn associate in arts degrees, associate in science degrees, associate in applied science degrees, and associate in general education degrees, as well as diplomas and certificates. The College also has taken greater strides to provide transfer opportunities for students to pursue higher-level degrees. Through the North Carolina Community College System, a formal transfer agreement has been established with the 16-member University of North Carolina System, as well as with a variety of private colleges.
Profile last updated:
The nearest community college to Roanoke-Chowan Community College is Paul D Camp Community College (24.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,259 students | 24.70 Mi100 N College Dr
Franklin,  VA  23851
(757) 569-6700 24.701,259
- 1,293 students | 33.60 Mi100 College Drive
Weldon,  NC  27890
(252) 536-4221 33.601,293
- 477 students | 34.10 Mi1161 Kehukee Pk Rd
Williamston,  NC  27892
(252) 792-1521 34.10477
- 2,552 students | 43.40 Mi2009 W Wilson St
Tarboro,  NC  27886
(252) 823-5166 43.402,552
- 2,408 students | 44.70 Mi1208 N Road St
Elizabeth City,  NC  27906
(252) 335-0821 44.702,408
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!