Marion Military Institute
Marion Military Institute places among the top 20% of community colleges in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Diversity Diversity in US community colleges
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- The teacher population of 21 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Marion Military Institute||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Total Faculty||21 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||439 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||433 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||6 students||752 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||128|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$48,200||$29,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Marion Military Institute is George C Wallace State Community College-Selma (21.9 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,761 students | 21.90 Mi3000 Earl Goodwin Parkway
Selma,  AL  36703
- 546 students | 22.30 Mi1712 Broad Street
Selma,  AL  36701
- 4,978 students | 37.10 Mi9500 Old Greensboro Rd
Tuscaloosa,  AL  35405
- n/a students | 55.10 Mi1100 9th Ave Sw
Bessemer,  AL  35022
- 1,338 students | 59.90 Mi1225 Air Base Blvd
Montgomery,  AL  36108
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Many students enter community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year college or university. Unfortunately, the path can be fraught with challenges. Articulation agreements between schools help students navigate the pitfalls to ensure an easier, more successful transition.