George C Wallace State Community College-Selma
- Wallace Community College Selma is committed to create and maintain a quality educational environment that promotes and supports a student body, faculty, staff, and administration that is multicultural and diverse, and reflective of our student body and community population.
- The teacher population of 75 teachers has declined by 29% over five years.
|George C Wallace State Community College-Selma||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||75 staff||73 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,761 students||1,756 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,085 students||1,004 students|
|# Part-Time Students||676 students||752 students|
|% Unknown races|
|Diversity ScoreThe chance that two students selected at random would be members of a different ethnic group. Scored from 0 to 1, a diversity score closer to 1 indicates a more diverse student body.||0.40||0.56|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$28,900||$29,700|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Wallace Community College Selma is a member of the Alabama College Association, the largest system of higher education in Alabama. WCCS has 1,709 students from across Central Alabama. WCCS nursing programs (LPN & ADN) are accredited by the Alabama State Board of Nursing, and the ADN program is accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLN). WCCS offers programs under the following options - Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree and Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree & University Parallel Transfer Programs. WCCS offers (16) technical programs - Auto Body Repair, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, Auto Mechanics, Cosmetology, Drafting & Design Technology, Electrical Technology, Office Administration (Clerk Typist), Office Administration (Accounting), Information Processing (Secretarial), Information Technology, Medical Transcription, Practical Nursing, Nursing Assistant, Masonry/Building Trades, Machine Tool Technology & Welding. WCCS also offers Technical Linkage Programs (Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) programs. The Student Support Services Program funded by the federal government and the college is designed to help students whose placement scores indicate a need to strengthen Reading and English skills prior to their enrolling in selected college level courses or technical programs. Students are placed into the Student Support Services Programs following basic skills evaluation. WCCS participates in varsity competition in basketball and baseball. WCCS is a member of the Alabama Junior College Conference and the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 546 students | 0.90 Mi1712 Broad Street
Selma,  AL  36701
- 439 students | 21.90 Mi1101 Washington St
Marion,  AL  36756
- 473 students | 37.70 Mi5375 Ingram Rd
Deatsville,  AL  36022
- 1,338 students | 39.60 Mi1225 Air Base Blvd
Montgomery,  AL  36108
- 315 students | 44.60 Mi3736 Atlanta Hwy
Montgomery,  AL  36109
September 13, 2017
Learn about the different financial options you have for affording community college.
September 13, 2017
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
September 13, 2017
Do you feel stuck in a career you don't enjoy? Are you considering making a switch? If so, keep reading to learn about community college for changing careers.