- Wallace Community College Selma is committed to create and maintain a quality educational environment that promotes and supports a student body, faculty, staff, and administration that is multicultural and diverse, and reflective of our student body and community population.
George C Wallace State Community College-Selma serves 1,316 students (35% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 8:1 is lower than the state community college average of 12:1.
Minority enrollment is 89% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 38%.
- Enrollment: 1,316 students
- In-state tuition: $3,900
- Out-state tuition: $7,230
- Student:teacher ratio: 8:1
- Minority enrollment: 89%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 163 teachers has grown by 117% over five years.
George C Wallace State Community College-Selma
(AL) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of George C Wallace State Community College-Selma has declined by 10% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 8:1 has decreased from 9:1 over five years.
The George C Wallace State Community College-Selma diversity score of 0.28 is less than the state average of 0.55. The school's diversity has declined by 30% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,900 is less than the state average of $4,439. The in-state tuition has declined by 5% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $7,230 is more than the state average of $6,998. The out-state tuition has declined by 6% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Wallace Community College Selma is a member of the Alabama College Association, the largest system of higher education in Alabama. WCCS has 1,709 students from across Central Alabama. WCCS nursing programs (LPN & ADN) are accredited by the Alabama State Board of Nursing, and the ADN program is accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLN). WCCS offers programs under the following options - Associate in Arts (A.A.) Degree and Associate in Science (A.S.) Degree & University Parallel Transfer Programs. WCCS offers (16) technical programs - Auto Body Repair, Air Conditioning/Refrigeration, Auto Mechanics, Cosmetology, Drafting & Design Technology, Electrical Technology, Office Administration (Clerk Typist), Office Administration (Accounting), Information Processing (Secretarial), Information Technology, Medical Transcription, Practical Nursing, Nursing Assistant, Masonry/Building Trades, Machine Tool Technology & Welding. WCCS also offers Technical Linkage Programs (Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) programs. The Student Support Services Program funded by the federal government and the college is designed to help students whose placement scores indicate a need to strengthen Reading and English skills prior to their enrolling in selected college level courses or technical programs. Students are placed into the Student Support Services Programs following basic skills evaluation. WCCS participates in varsity competition in basketball and baseball. WCCS is a member of the Alabama Junior College Conference and the National Junior College Athletic Association.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does George C Wallace State Community College-Selma cost?
George C Wallace State Community College-Selma's tuition is approximately $3,900 for In-State students and $7,230 for Out-State students.
What is George C Wallace State Community College-Selma's ranking?
George C Wallace State Community College-Selma ranks among the top 20% of community college in Alabama for: Average community college minority breakdown.
Want to Lose Weight? How Your Community College Can Help
If you are looking to shed extra weight, your best source of support may be your community college. Learn about dieting programs, support groups, and even classes to help you get healthy.
How Community Colleges are Inspiring Young Girls to Soar to Success
Learn about how community colleges are introducing programs that inspire young girls to achieve more academically, socially, and emotionally.
July 16, 2023Careers: Sustainable Agriculture
Discover the promising world of sustainable agriculture and explore the diverse careers it offers for those passionate about building a greener future. From eco-friendly farming practices and cutting-edge agri-tech to impactful roles in supply chain management and impact investment, this article sheds light on how professionals in sustainable agriculture are shaping a more sustainable and resilient global food system.