- For more than 220 years, Louisburg College has been preparing students for success, offering associate degrees in arts, sciences and business, and sending more than 92% of its graduates to four-year colleges and universities. As a two-year residential college, we focus on getting students ready for excellence at a four-year school offering baccalaureate degrees.
- The teacher population of 34 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Louisburg College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||34 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||701 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||692 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||9 students||1,361 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||136|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$27,700||$27,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Having evolved from three earlier institutions, Franklin Male Academy, Louisburg Female Academy, and Louisburg Female College, Louisburg College is the oldest chartered two-year, church-related, co-educational college in the nation. During the presidency of Arthur D. Mohn in the 1920s, Louisburg College experienced a period of building expansion. The West Wing of Main Building, the Pattie Julia Wright Dormitory, and the Franklin County Building were constructed. Unfortunately, a disastrous fire gutted Main Building and the new West Wing in 1928. Louisburg College has comprehensive transfer agreements with many public and private colleges and universities, including the 16 branches of the University of North Carolina system, that allow Louisburg College graduates to make a seamless transition upon entering four-year schools as full-fledged juniors. Our top five transfer schools are East Carolina University, North Carolina State University, UNC Chapel Hill, UNC Wilmington and Barton College. The faculty at Louisburg is dedicated to the success of every student. Teaching and advising - not research - are our professors primary responsibilities. Our dedicated faculty provide individual assistance, ensuring that each student is academically prepared to meet the requirements of major four-year colleges and universities. Louisburg College has a long tradition of excellence in athletic competition. Hurricane athletics play an integral part in college and campus life. Because Louisburg is a two-year college, our players have the added valuable opportunity to contribute and make a difference on their teams from the first pitch, dribble, or header.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 400 students | 18.20 Mi3000 Wakefield Crossing Drive
Raleigh,  NC  27614
- 4,097 students | 18.60 Mi200 Community College Road
Henderson,  NC  27537
- 3,537 students | 23.90 Mi522 N. Old Carriage Road
Rocky Mount,  NC  27804
- 375 students | 24.60 Mi3901 Capital Blvd Ste 151
Raleigh,  NC  27604
- 1,077 students | 28.90 Mi15 E Peace St
Raleigh,  NC  27604
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.