- For more than 220 years, Louisburg College has been preparing students for success, offering associate degrees in arts, sciences and business, and sending more than 92% of its graduates to four-year colleges and universities. As a two-year residential college, we focus on getting students ready for excellence at a four-year school offering baccalaureate degrees.
Louisburg College serves 490 students (98% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 4:1 is lower than the state community college average of 9:1.
Minority enrollment is 59% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 40%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 490 students
- Private-state tuition: $16,678
- Acceptance Rate: 82%
- Student:teacher ratio: 4:1
- Minority enrollment: 59%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Louisburg College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in North Carolina for:
The teacher population of 117 teachers has grown by 244% over five years.
(NC) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Louisburg College has declined by 21% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 4:1 has decreased from 5:1 over five years.
The Louisburg College diversity score of 0.64 is more than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $16,678 is less than the state average of $27,763. The private state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
SAT Total Avg.
SAT Writing (Year 2007)
ACT Total Avg.
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Having evolved from three earlier institutions, Franklin Male Academy, Louisburg Female Academy, and Louisburg Female College, Louisburg College is the oldest chartered two-year, church-related, co-educational college in the nation. During the presidency of Arthur D. Mohn in the 1920s, Louisburg College experienced a period of building expansion. The West Wing of Main Building, the Pattie Julia Wright Dormitory, and the Franklin County Building were constructed. Unfortunately, a disastrous fire gutted Main Building and the new West Wing in 1928. Louisburg College has comprehensive transfer agreements with many public and private colleges and universities, including the 16 branches of the University of North Carolina system, that allow Louisburg College graduates to make a seamless transition upon entering four-year schools as full-fledged juniors. Our top five transfer schools are East Carolina University, North Carolina State University, UNC Chapel Hill, UNC Wilmington and Barton College. The faculty at Louisburg is dedicated to the success of every student. Teaching and advising - not research - are our professors primary responsibilities. Our dedicated faculty provide individual assistance, ensuring that each student is academically prepared to meet the requirements of major four-year colleges and universities. Louisburg College has a long tradition of excellence in athletic competition. Hurricane athletics play an integral part in college and campus life. Because Louisburg is a two-year college, our players have the added valuable opportunity to contribute and make a difference on their teams from the first pitch, dribble, or header.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Louisburg College cost?
Louisburg College's private state tuition is approximately $16,678.
What is the acceptance rate of Louisburg College?
The acceptance rate of Louisburg College is 82%, which is equal to the state average of 82%.
What is Louisburg College's ranking?
Louisburg College ranks among the top 20% of community college in North Carolina for: Average community college minority breakdown and Percent of students receiving financial aid.
Learn about the lucrative career opportunities in nano-technology and how you can begin your training right at community college.
The Top Challenges for Non-Traditional Students in Community College
If you are starting community college as an adult, there are certain challenges you can expect to face. Understanding and anticipating those challenges will help you to face them head-on with the greatest chance for success.
January 17, 2023ChatGPT: A Powerful Tool With Many Uses
When your database is the entire Internet, you can answer just about any question lightning-fast. Here are some suggestions for using ChatGTP in your college studies.