Nash Community College
Tel: (252) 443-4011
- Our mission as a comprehensive community college is to provide you with the highest quality learning opportunities. Nash Community College now offers 68 degree, diploma, or certificate options, as well as a wide variety of professional development continuing education courses.
The teacher population of 189 teachers has declined by 8% over five years.
|Nash Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||189 staff||144 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Nash Community College, a unit of the North Carolina Community College System, was founded in 1967 and is a public two-year post secondary educational institution with an open door admission policy. Its mission is to provide adults in the Nash County service area with quality and convenient learning opportunities consistent with identified student and community needs. Over 11,000 citizens participated in programs at Nash Community College during the 2003-2004 school year. The College is located on 86 acres midway between Nashville and Rocky Mount, North Carolina. While the primary service area is Nash County, the convenient location attracts students from the surrounding counties of Franklin, Wake, Wilson, and Halifax. Five modern buildings including the 48,000 square foot Business and Industry Center and a four-star rated Child Development Center comprise the campus physical plant. A new two-story 46,000 square foot Science and Technology Center is under construction that will encompass specialized classrooms and state-of-the-art labs to support instruction in biology, anatomy and physiology, chemistry, physics, and networking technology. The projected completion of the Science and Technology Center is fall 2005. Vocational, occupational, business, and industry related programs are offered which prepare students for jobs and provide a skilled workforce for the area. Additionally, the College offers Adult Basic Education, GED, and adult high school to meet the diverse needs of the citizenry in Nash County and surrounding area. Nash Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in General Education, and the Associate in Applied Science Degrees.
The nearest community college to Nash Community College is Wilson Community College (17.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,692 students | 17.00 Mi902 Herring Ave
Wilson, NC 27893
(252) 291-1195 17.001,692
- 2,012 students | 19.50 Mi2009 W Wilson St
Tarboro, NC 27886
(252) 823-5166 19.502,012
- 594 students | 24.00 Mi501 N. Main St.
Louisburg, NC 27549
(919) 496-2521 24.00594
- 996 students | 35.00 Mi100 College Drive
Weldon, NC 27890
(252) 536-2551 35.00996
- 243 students | 36.70 Mi3000 Wakefield Crossing Drive
Raleigh, NC 27614
(919) 488-8500 36.70243
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
Make sure that your community college credits will transfer to your four year university by following these recommended strategies.
In preparation for the newly approved industry on its way to Massachusetts, community colleges across the state are partnering with the gambling industry to provide casino training.