Nash Community College
- Our mission as a comprehensive community college is to provide you with the highest quality learning opportunities. Nash Community College now offers 68 degree, diploma, or certificate options, as well as a wide variety of professional development continuing education courses.
|Nash Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||189 staff||141 staff|
- Nash Community College, a unit of the North Carolina Community College System, was founded in 1967 and is a public two-year post secondary educational institution with an open door admission policy. Its mission is to provide adults in the Nash County service area with quality and convenient learning opportunities consistent with identified student and community needs. Over 11,000 citizens participated in programs at Nash Community College during the 2003-2004 school year. The College is located on 86 acres midway between Nashville and Rocky Mount, North Carolina. While the primary service area is Nash County, the convenient location attracts students from the surrounding counties of Franklin, Wake, Wilson, and Halifax. Five modern buildings including the 48,000 square foot Business and Industry Center and a four-star rated Child Development Center comprise the campus physical plant. A new two-story 46,000 square foot Science and Technology Center is under construction that will encompass specialized classrooms and state-of-the-art labs to support instruction in biology, anatomy and physiology, chemistry, physics, and networking technology. The projected completion of the Science and Technology Center is fall 2005. Vocational, occupational, business, and industry related programs are offered which prepare students for jobs and provide a skilled workforce for the area. Additionally, the College offers Adult Basic Education, GED, and adult high school to meet the diverse needs of the citizenry in Nash County and surrounding area. Nash Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in General Education, and the Associate in Applied Science Degrees.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,692 students | 17.00 Mi902 Herring Ave
Wilson,  NC  27893
(252) 291-1195 17.001,692
- 2,012 students | 19.50 Mi2009 W Wilson St
Tarboro,  NC  27886
(252) 823-5166 19.502,012
- 594 students | 24.00 Mi501 N. Main St.
Louisburg,  NC  27549
(919) 496-2521 24.00594
- 996 students | 35.00 Mi100 College Drive
Weldon,  NC  27890
(252) 536-2551 35.00996
- 243 students | 36.70 Mi3000 Wakefield Crossing Drive
Raleigh,  NC  27614
(919) 488-8500 36.70243