Vance-Granville Community College
- The teacher population of 159 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Vance-Granville Community College||(NC) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||159 staff||139 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,097 students||2,380 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1||19:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,512 students||1,019 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,585 students||1,361 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$26,400||$27,500|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Golf, VolleyballBasketball, Golf,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Vance-Granville Community College was chartered in 1969 as Vance County Technical Institute by the North Carolina General Assembly. The college began by offering technical, vocational and continuing education courses to residents of Vance County. In 1972, Vance and Granville counties pooled their resources to support a $2 million bond referendum for a larger, more permanent facility to educate their citizens. The result was the construction and subsequent opening of the new Vance-Granville Community College campus in 1976 on an 83-acre tract in Vance County, midway between Henderson and Oxford. The Main Campus of Vance-Granville Community College is located midway between Oxford and Henderson on an 83-acre tract of land off Interstate 85. The majority of classes are taught on Main Campus, but a number of students attend classes also at South Campus between Butner and Creedmoor, Franklin Campus in Louisburg, and Warren Campus in Warrenton. Today, the main campus, picturesque with a lake and attractive landscaping, boasts eight permanent buildings that include a student services complex, civic center and daycare unit. Along with administrative and faculty offices, auditorium, student lounge and learning resources center, these facilities provide 36 classrooms, 10 shops and 20 labs in which students may train in 35-plus curriculum programs, as well as extension, economic development, continuing education, and small business classes. Its total value is approximately $24.3 million. Vance-Granville offers more than 35 degree, diploma, and certificate programs to prepare students for further education or to enter work directly after graduation. Most programs are available in day or evening and on a full-time or part-time basis. VGCC's also offers prrograms in Continuing Education, Occupational Extension and Workforce Development. Vance-Granville Community College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate degree. Vance-Granville Community College is a member of the American Association of Community Colleges, North Carolina Community College System and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Vance-Granville Community College is Louisburg College (18.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 701 students | 18.30 Mi501 N. Main St.
Louisburg,  NC  27549
(919) 496-2521 18.30701
- 400 students | 26.50 Mi3000 Wakefield Crossing Drive
Raleigh,  NC  27614
(800) 288-7442 26.50400
- 1,475 students | 27.70 Mi1715 College Dr
Roxboro,  NC  27573
(336) 599-1181 27.701,475
- 5,035 students | 32.50 Mi1637 Lawson Street
Durham,  NC  27703
(919) 536-7200 32.505,035
- 375 students | 34.10 Mi3901 Capital Blvd Ste 151
Raleigh,  NC  27604
(919) 723-2820 34.10375
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.