- Lehigh Carbon Community College prepares students with career-focused programs and transfer degrees for those interested in pursuing a bachelor's degree. At LCCC, students who start here can truly go anywhere!
Lehigh Carbon Community College serves 6,265 students (35% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is higher than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 43% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is more than the state average of 39%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 6,265 students
- In-state tuition: $5,100
- Out-state tuition: $12,960
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 43%
- Source: Verified school update
Lehigh Carbon Community College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
Debt For Students
The teacher population of 452 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Lehigh Carbon Community College
(PA) Community College Avg.
At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Number of Programs Offered
The student population of Lehigh Carbon Community College has declined by 9% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Lehigh Carbon Community College diversity score of 0.59 is equal to the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has declined by 6% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,100 is less than the state average of $9,730. The in-state tuition has declined by 12% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $12,960 is less than the state average of $13,992. The out-state tuition has grown by 49% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Total Sports Offered
Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Founded in 1966, Lehigh Carbon Community College serves nearly 10,000 students from Lehigh, Carbon, Schuylkill and surrounding counties offering more than 90 programs of study including healthcare, information technology, criminal justice, education and business administration. From the main campus in Schnecksville and modern sites in Allentown, Tamaqua and Lehigh Valley International Airport, Lehigh Carbon offers two-year associate degrees, certificate and specialized diploma programs, and workforce training for students studying either full-time, part-time or online.
Profile last updated: 08/09/2022
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Lehigh Carbon Community College cost?
Lehigh Carbon Community College's tuition is approximately $5,100 for In-State students and $12,960 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of Lehigh Carbon Community College?
The acceptance rate of Lehigh Carbon Community College is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 85%.
What sports does Lehigh Carbon Community College offer?
Lehigh Carbon Community College offers 6 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.
What is Lehigh Carbon Community College's ranking?
Lehigh Carbon Community College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Least expensive tuition, Largest student body and Least debt for graduating students.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.