Lehigh Carbon Community College
- Lehigh Carbon Community College prepares students with career-focused programs and transfer degrees for those interested in pursuing a bachelor's degree. At LCCC, students who start here can truly go anywhere!
- The teacher population of 452 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lehigh Carbon Community College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||452 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||7,114 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,464 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,650 students||246 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,900||$34,800|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Founded in 1966, Lehigh Carbon Community College serves nearly 7,000 students from Lehigh, Carbon, Schuylkill and surrounding counties offering more than 90 programs of study including healthcare, information technology, criminal justice, education and business administration. From the main campus in Schnecksville and modern sites in Allentown, Tamaqua, Jim Thorpe and Lehigh Valley International Airport, Lehigh Carbon offers two-year associate degrees, certificate and specialized diploma programs, and workforce training for students studying either full-time, part-time or online.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Lehigh Carbon Community College is Lincoln Technical Institute-Allentown (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 540 students | 5.40 Mi5151 Tilghman St
Allentown,  PA  18104
- 110 students | 12.80 Mi3184 Airport Road
Bethlehem,  PA  18017
- 10,067 students | 15.20 Mi3835 Green Pond Rd
Bethlehem,  PA  18020
- 5 students | 28.10 Mi606 Court St Suite 404
Reading,  PA  19601
- 4,198 students | 28.40 Mi10 S Second St
Reading,  PA  19603
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.