Northampton County Area Community College
Tel: (610) 861-5500
- Northampton Community College strives to prepare members of its community with the knowledge and critical skills they need to adapt to challenges in life and employment. To this end, we help them develop the following abilities: to learn throughout their lives; to change and grow; to develop a depth of knowledge in an area of specialization; to adapt to technological change; to communicate effectively; to collaborate on the job and in life; to understand and value diversity; to function effectively in a global society; to be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others and to be contributing members of their communities.
|Northampton County Area Community College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||- staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||10,067 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,435 students||372 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,632 students||246 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||262||300|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,800||$34,800|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- For more than 35 years, Northampton Community College in Bethlehem, Pa., has focused on offering a wide variety of courses at an affordable price, without sacrificing quality of instruction. NCC offers recent high school graduates, as well as adult learners, a variety of credit and non-credit classes, offered during the day, evening and on weekends. At NCC, you can choose from nearly 100 transfer and career programs leading to associate degrees, certificates, and diplomas. The college grants Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science degrees. Career and transfer programs are offered in close to 100 fields in arts and sciences, business and technology, education, health care, and social and leisure services. NCC is a major educator of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, veterinary technologists, criminal justice workers, dental hygienists and early childhood educators for the region. Graduates also include successful business leaders, artists, engineers, teachers and a 3-time Pulitzer Prize winner. Northampton has campuses located in Bethlehem Township, PA, founded in 1967, and Tannersville, PA. Classes and majors are also offered at Fowler Family Southside Center in south Bethlehem, and 50+ satellite sites in Northampton, Monroe, Pike and Wayne counties. The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Historically, even during recessions, within a year of graduating from NCC, more than 92% of graduates find work in their field and/or go on to further their education. NCC students have also transferred to and found success at many public and private four-year institutions, including such well-known universities as Cornell, New York University, Notre Dame, and the University of Pennsylvania.
- The nearest community college to Northampton County Area Community College is Triangle Tech Inc-Bethlehem (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 110 students | 5.40 Mi3184 Airport Road
Bethlehem,  PA  18017
- 540 students | 13.90 Mi5151 Tilghman St
Allentown,  PA  18104
(610) 398-5300 13.90540
- 6,880 students | 14.90 Mi4525 Education Park Dr
Schnecksville,  PA  18078
(610) 799-2121 14.906,880
- 2,573 students | 17.00 Mi475 Route 57 W
Washington,  NJ  07882
(908) 835-9222 17.002,573
- 344 students | 31.30 Mi290 Wissahickon Avenue
North Wales,  PA  19454
(215) 699-5700 31.30344
Learn about how budgetary constraints are prompting community colleges to only offer four-day school weeks.
Learn about how you can pursue a degree and career in the entertainment industry by starting at your local community college.
Learn about the variety of mentoring programs available in community colleges, and why you may want to be involved as a mentee or mentor.