Northampton County Area Community College
Tel: (610) 861-5300
- Northampton Community College strives to prepare members of its community with the knowledge and critical skills they need to adapt to challenges in life and employment. To this end, we help them develop the following abilities: to learn throughout their lives; to change and grow; to develop a depth of knowledge in an area of specialization; to adapt to technological change; to communicate effectively; to collaborate on the job and in life; to understand and value diversity; to function effectively in a global society; to be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others and to be contributing members of their communities.
The teacher population of 394 teachers has grown by 72% over five years.
|Northampton County Area Community College||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||394 staff||36 staff|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- For more than 35 years, Northampton Community College in Bethlehem, Pa., has focused on offering a wide variety of courses at an affordable price, without sacrificing quality of instruction. NCC offers recent high school graduates, as well as adult learners, a variety of credit and non-credit classes, offered during the day, evening and on weekends. At NCC, you can choose from nearly 100 transfer and career programs leading to associate degrees, certificates, and diplomas. The college grants Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, Associate in Applied Science degrees. Career and transfer programs are offered in close to 100 fields in arts and sciences, business and technology, education, health care, and social and leisure services. NCC is a major educator of registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, veterinary technologists, criminal justice workers, dental hygienists and early childhood educators for the region. Graduates also include successful business leaders, artists, engineers, teachers and a 3-time Pulitzer Prize winner. Northampton has campuses located in Bethlehem Township, PA, founded in 1967, and Tannersville, PA. Classes and majors are also offered at Fowler Family Southside Center in south Bethlehem, and 50+ satellite sites in Northampton, Monroe, Pike and Wayne counties. The college is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Historically, even during recessions, within a year of graduating from NCC, more than 92% of graduates find work in their field and/or go on to further their education. NCC students have also transferred to and found success at many public and private four-year institutions, including such well-known universities as Cornell, New York University, Notre Dame, and the University of Pennsylvania.
The nearest community college to Northampton County Area Community College is Triangle Tech Inc-Bethlehem (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 134 students | 5.40 Mi3184 Airport Road
Bethlehem, PA 18017
(610) 266-2910 5.40134
- 704 students | 6.80 Mi2200 N Irving St
Allentown, PA 18109
(484) 223-4600 6.80704
- 600 students | 13.90 Mi5151 Tilghman St
Allentown, PA 18104
(610) 398-5300 13.90600
- 6,265 students | 14.90 Mi4525 Education Park Dr
Schnecksville, PA 18078
(610) 799-2121 14.906,265
- 3,496 students | 17.00 Mi475 Route 57 W
Washington, NJ 07882
(908) 835-9222 17.003,496
Today's high school dropout rates call for drastic measures, and community colleges are taking action to help keep students in high school. Learn about their innovative programs and how your local community college is keeping high school students on campus.
Learn about how small businesses can obtain helpful assistance, training, and mentoring through community colleges thanks to Goldman Sachs' 10,000 Small Business program.
Community college graduation rates may appear to be in dire straits, but what are the real numbers? Could it be that the “successful” students who transfer to four-year universities are considered community college “drop outs” statistically?