Lincoln Technical Institute-Allentown
Tel: (610) 398-5300
- Widely known and respected as Lincoln Technical Institute since its founding in 1946 as a post-war job skill training source, Lincoln Tech has consistently responded to employer needs and the changing times. By always looking for ways to grow and keeping up with technology, we have achieved a strong mix of programs that provide a wide variety of in-demand career training opportunities.
The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lincoln Technical Institute-Allentown||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||26 staff||36 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||5||8|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||92%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$12,427||$12,495|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,500|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lincoln Tech offers short-term, career-focused programs that span many different subject areas. The college has campuses located in Philadelphia and Allentown, PA, Columbia, MD, Grand Prairie, TX, Indianapolis, IN, Melrose Park, IL, or Mahwah and Union, NJ. Lincoln Tech's Allentown Campus consists of a 26,000 square foot building on 10 acres of land. The school includes administrative offices, comfortable, air-conditioned classrooms, laboratories, drafting and CAD rooms and new medical and pharmacy facilities for our Allied Health programs. Excellent parking is available on the grounds and interstate and major traffic routes are nearby offering convenient travel to and from the campus. Our school has trained for careers in the Lehigh Valley since 1949. LTI Allentown is also a degree granting institution with Associate Degrees offered in Medical Assisting and Administrative Technology, PC Systems & Networking Technology, Architectural or Mechanical Drafting Design and CAD Technology, and Electronic Engineering Technology. Our Automotive Division offers hands-on training programs in Automotive and Diesel Technology. Our Skilled Trades Division offers a variety of programs including HVAC, Drafting and CAD, and Electronic Systems Technician (EST). Our Information Technology (IT) Division includes training in PC Support, Networking, and Web Programming. Our Allied Health Division offers Healthcare training programs for a Medical Assistant or Medical Administrative Assistant. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
The nearest community college to Lincoln Technical Institute-Allentown is Lehigh Carbon Community College (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,265 students | 5.40 Mi4525 Education Park Dr
Schnecksville, PA 18078
(610) 799-2121 5.406,265
- 704 students | 7.20 Mi2200 N Irving St
Allentown, PA 18109
(484) 223-4600 7.20704
- 134 students | 8.60 Mi3184 Airport Road
Bethlehem, PA 18017
(610) 266-2910 8.60134
- 9,769 students | 13.90 Mi3835 Green Pond Rd
Bethlehem, PA 18020
(610) 861-5300 13.909,769
- 3,250 students | 24.40 Mi101 College Drive
Pottstown, PA 19464
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.