Lincoln Technical Institute-Allentown
Tel: (610) 398-5300
- Widely known and respected as Lincoln Technical Institute since its founding in 1946 as a post-war job skill training source, Lincoln Tech has consistently responded to employer needs and the changing times. By always looking for ways to grow and keeping up with technology, we have achieved a strong mix of programs that provide a wide variety of in-demand career training opportunities.
The teacher population of 26 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Lincoln Technical Institute-Allentown||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||26 staff||25 staff|
|Number of Programs Offered||7||8|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||95%||95%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$11,730||$12,223|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$4,750||$5,500|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Lincoln Tech offers short-term, career-focused programs that span many different subject areas. The college has campuses located in Philadelphia and Allentown, PA, Columbia, MD, Grand Prairie, TX, Indianapolis, IN, Melrose Park, IL, or Mahwah and Union, NJ. Lincoln Tech's Allentown Campus consists of a 26,000 square foot building on 10 acres of land. The school includes administrative offices, comfortable, air-conditioned classrooms, laboratories, drafting and CAD rooms and new medical and pharmacy facilities for our Allied Health programs. Excellent parking is available on the grounds and interstate and major traffic routes are nearby offering convenient travel to and from the campus. Our school has trained for careers in the Lehigh Valley since 1949. LTI Allentown is also a degree granting institution with Associate Degrees offered in Medical Assisting and Administrative Technology, PC Systems & Networking Technology, Architectural or Mechanical Drafting Design and CAD Technology, and Electronic Engineering Technology. Our Automotive Division offers hands-on training programs in Automotive and Diesel Technology. Our Skilled Trades Division offers a variety of programs including HVAC, Drafting and CAD, and Electronic Systems Technician (EST). Our Information Technology (IT) Division includes training in PC Support, Networking, and Web Programming. Our Allied Health Division offers Healthcare training programs for a Medical Assistant or Medical Administrative Assistant. The college is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).
The nearest community college to Lincoln Technical Institute-Allentown is Lehigh Carbon Community College (5.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,880 students | 5.40 Mi4525 Education Park Dr
Schnecksville,  PA  18078
(610) 799-2121 5.406,880
- 110 students | 8.60 Mi3184 Airport Road
Bethlehem,  PA  18017
- 10,067 students | 13.90 Mi3835 Green Pond Rd
Bethlehem,  PA  18020
(610) 861-5500 13.9010,067
- n/a students | 24.40 Mi101 College Drive
Pottstown,  PA  19464
- 5 students | 25.70 Mi606 Court St Suite 404
Reading,  PA  19601
(610) 375-1212 25.705
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!