- Since 1886 Jamestown Business College has been dedicated to providing students with outstanding career-oriented associate degree and certificate programs. This tradition continues into the 21st century with programs of study offering a quality business education and the technical skills needed in today's workplace.
Jamestown Business College serves 284 students (98% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 14:1 is higher than the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 31% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 284 students
- Private-state tuition: $12,000
- Acceptance Rate: 98%
- Student:teacher ratio: 14:1
- Minority enrollment: 31%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Jamestown Business College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 90% over five years.
Jamestown Business College
(NY) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Jamestown Business College has declined by 12% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 14:1 has decreased from 15:1 over five years.
The Jamestown Business College diversity score of 0.49 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $12,000 is less than the state average of $16,274. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- JBC is a private college with about 300 students, just the right size for personalized faculty support and small classes. JBC graduates are skilled in fields of marketing and management, information technology, entrepreneurship, accounting, medical, legal, or general administrative assisting. The college offers degree and non-degree programs that develop professional competencies for business careers and provide a general education to contribute to the intellectual and emotional growth of each student. The various programs meet student needs and the demands of the area community. The campus consists of three connected buildings, a modern two-level structure housing computer labs and classrooms, an administrative building with staff and faculty offices and a classic, historic mansion built around 1900 with classrooms and a student lounge. JBC's location in Jamestown, New York, offers students a wide array of cultural, recreational, and sports activities with a hometown atmosphere unique to a small city. With convenient schedules to fit busy lifestyles, affordability, and career placement, JBC offers the perfect mix for a rewarding and successful college experience.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Jamestown Business College cost?
Jamestown Business College's private state tuition is approximately $12,000.
What schools are Jamestown Business College often compared to?
Jamestown Business Collegeis often viewed alongside schools like CUNY Kingsborough Community College by visitors of our site.
What is the acceptance rate of Jamestown Business College?
The acceptance rate of Jamestown Business College is 98%, which is higher than the state average of 72%.
What is Jamestown Business College's ranking?
Jamestown Business College ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Percent of students receiving financial aid.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.