Jamestown Business College
- Since 1886 Jamestown Business College has been dedicated to providing students with outstanding career-oriented associate degree and certificate programs. This tradition continues into the 21st century with programs of study offering a quality business education and the technical skills needed in today's workplace.
The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jamestown Business College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||81 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- JBC is a private college with about 300 students, just the right size for personalized faculty support and small classes. JBC graduates are skilled in fields of marketing and management, information technology, entrepreneurship, accounting, medical, legal, or general administrative assisting. The college offers degree and non-degree programs that develop professional competencies for business careers and provide a general education to contribute to the intellectual and emotional growth of each student. The various programs meet student needs and the demands of the area community. The campus consists of three connected buildings, a modern two-level structure housing computer labs and classrooms, an administrative building with staff and faculty offices and a classic, historic mansion built around 1900 with classrooms and a student lounge. JBC's location in Jamestown, New York, offers students a wide array of cultural, recreational, and sports activities with a hometown atmosphere unique to a small city. With convenient schedules to fit busy lifestyles, affordability, and career placement, JBC offers the perfect mix for a rewarding and successful college experience.
The nearest community college to Jamestown Business College is Jamestown Community College (2.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,065 students | 2.00 Mi525 Falconer St
Jamestown,  NY  14701
(716) 338-1000 2.005,065
- 371 students | 38.70 Mi504 East Main Street
Titusville,  PA  16354
(888) 878-0462 38.70371
- 46 students | 43.30 Mi2000 Liberty St
Erie,  PA  16502
(814) 453-6016 43.3046
- 205 students | 43.70 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16510
(814) 868-9900 43.70205
- 232 students | 43.70 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16565
(814) 868-9900 43.70232
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!