Jamestown Business College
- Since 1886 Jamestown Business College has been dedicated to providing students with outstanding career-oriented associate degree and certificate programs. This tradition continues into the 21st century with programs of study offering a quality business education and the technical skills needed in today's workplace.
Jamestown Business College serves 305 students (97% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 15:1 is higher than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 32% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 61%.
- Enrollment: 305 students
- Private-state tuition: $12,000
- Acceptance Rate: 90%
- Student:teacher ratio: 15:1
- Minority enrollment: 32%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 21 teachers has grown by 50% over five years.
Jamestown Business College
(NY) Community College Avg.
Special Focus Four-Year: Business & Management Schools
Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Jamestown Business College has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 15:1 has decreased from 29:1 over five years.
The Jamestown Business College diversity score of 0.51 is less than the state average of 0.74. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $12,000 is less than the state average of $16,522. The private state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- JBC is a private college with about 300 students, just the right size for personalized faculty support and small classes. JBC graduates are skilled in fields of marketing and management, information technology, entrepreneurship, accounting, medical, legal, or general administrative assisting. The college offers degree and non-degree programs that develop professional competencies for business careers and provide a general education to contribute to the intellectual and emotional growth of each student. The various programs meet student needs and the demands of the area community. The campus consists of three connected buildings, a modern two-level structure housing computer labs and classrooms, an administrative building with staff and faculty offices and a classic, historic mansion built around 1900 with classrooms and a student lounge. JBC's location in Jamestown, New York, offers students a wide array of cultural, recreational, and sports activities with a hometown atmosphere unique to a small city. With convenient schedules to fit busy lifestyles, affordability, and career placement, JBC offers the perfect mix for a rewarding and successful college experience.
An In-Depth Guide to Financing Options for Community College
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
Do You Need to Take the GRE for Community College Applications?
No matter where you choose to go to college you'll have to take some kind of standardized test. The GRE is often required for graduate programs, but it may also benefit your community college application.
Tips for Minimizing Educational Debt While in School
Education becomes more expensive with each passing year so it is important to make smart use of your student loans and to minimize your debt while you are in school whenever possible.