Jamestown Business College
- Since 1886 Jamestown Business College has been dedicated to providing students with outstanding career-oriented associate degree and certificate programs. This tradition continues into the 21st century with programs of study offering a quality business education and the technical skills needed in today's workplace.
- The teacher population of 11 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jamestown Business College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||11 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||318 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||29:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||314 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4 students||538 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$25,900||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- JBC is a private college with about 300 students, just the right size for personalized faculty support and small classes. JBC graduates are skilled in fields of marketing and management, information technology, entrepreneurship, accounting, medical, legal, or general administrative assisting. The college offers degree and non-degree programs that develop professional competencies for business careers and provide a general education to contribute to the intellectual and emotional growth of each student. The various programs meet student needs and the demands of the area community. The campus consists of three connected buildings, a modern two-level structure housing computer labs and classrooms, an administrative building with staff and faculty offices and a classic, historic mansion built around 1900 with classrooms and a student lounge. JBC's location in Jamestown, New York, offers students a wide array of cultural, recreational, and sports activities with a hometown atmosphere unique to a small city. With convenient schedules to fit busy lifestyles, affordability, and career placement, JBC offers the perfect mix for a rewarding and successful college experience.
- The nearest community college to Jamestown Business College is Jamestown Community College (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,065 students | 2.20 Mi525 Falconer St
Jamestown,  NY  14701
- 371 students | 38.60 Mi504 East Main Street
Titusville,  PA  16354
- 46 students | 43.20 Mi2000 Liberty St
Erie,  PA  16502
- 205 students | 43.60 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16510
- 232 students | 43.60 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16565
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.