University of Pittsburgh-Titusville
Tel: (888) 878-0462
- Founded in a log cabin in 1787, the University of Pittsburgh is among the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. The University has nearly 169,000 alumni living in all 50 states and 4 territories and 117 foreign countries whose accomplishments range from winning Olympic gold medals to unlocking the secrets of DNA. From University laboratories have come Jonas Salk's polio vaccine and the identification of Vitamin C. Today, this former frontier University is an internationally recognized center of learning and research, strong in the arts and sciences and the professions.
University of Pittsburgh-Titusville places among the top 20% of community colleges in Pennsylvania for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
The teacher population of 33 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|University of Pittsburgh-Titusville||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||33 staff||25 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The college offers Associate Degrees and Certificate Programs. Associate of Arts degree is offered in Human Services and Liberal Arts. The college offers Associate of Science degree in Natural Science, Nursing, Business, Accounting, Business Information Systems and Physical Therapist Assistant. Pitt has several programs ranked in the top 26 in their field nationally including anthropology, art history, history and philosophy of science, industrial engineering, and linguistics. Pitt also has many other highly ranked programs including chemistry, economics, English language and literature, music, pharmacology, physics, political science and psychology, among others. Pitt athletes have won national championships in football, conference titles in many sports, national rankings in basketball, wrestling and volleyball, and individual national championships in gymnastics, swimming and track and field. Former Pitt track and field star Roger Kingdom is a two-time Olympic gold medalist. Pitt's University Center for International Studies offers an extensive study-abroad program, and the opportunity to spend an entire semester aboard the SS Universe, the world's only floating campus. UCIS also offers area studies programs in Asian, East Asian, Latin American, East European, Russian, Soviet Studies and West European Studies. Pitt was ranked as one of the 100 "best college values" in higher education among national universities in a 1996 Money Magazine report.
The nearest community college to University of Pittsburgh-Titusville is Du Bois Business College-Oil City (12.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 29 students | 12.20 MiOil City Campus 701 East Third Street
Oil City,  PA  16301
(814) 371-6920 12.2029
- 125 students | 25.00 Mi847 N Main Street Ste 204
Meadville,  PA  16335
(814) 724-0700 25.00125
- 205 students | 37.90 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16510
(814) 868-9900 37.90205
- 232 students | 37.90 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16565
(814) 868-9900 37.90232
- 318 students | 38.70 Mi7 Fairmount Ave
Jamestown,  NY  14701
(716) 664-5100 38.70318
With serious mental health issues on the rise on college campuses nationwide, community colleges are scrambling to provide expanded mental health services to students.
We examine a new report at USA Today that shows employment rates for community college graduates have skyrocketed - and which of the fields where a community college degree is particularly helpful.
Who says college is just for the 18 - 22 year old crowd? In fact, more community colleges are recruiting students over the age of 50 - and for good reason!