University of Pittsburgh-Titusville
- Founded in a log cabin in 1787, the University of Pittsburgh is among the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. The University has nearly 169,000 alumni living in all 50 states and 4 territories and 117 foreign countries whose accomplishments range from winning Olympic gold medals to unlocking the secrets of DNA. From University laboratories have come Jonas Salk's polio vaccine and the identification of Vitamin C. Today, this former frontier University is an internationally recognized center of learning and research, strong in the arts and sciences and the professions.
- Enrollment: 33 students
- In-state tuition: $11,604
- Out-state tuition: $21,166
- Acceptance Rate: 75%
- Student:teacher ratio: 1:1
- Minority enrollment: 19%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
University of Pittsburgh-Titusville ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Pennsylvania for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The college offers Associate Degrees and Certificate Programs. Associate of Arts degree is offered in Human Services and Liberal Arts. The college offers Associate of Science degree in Natural Science, Nursing, Business, Accounting, Business Information Systems and Physical Therapist Assistant. Pitt has several programs ranked in the top 26 in their field nationally including anthropology, art history, history and philosophy of science, industrial engineering, and linguistics. Pitt also has many other highly ranked programs including chemistry, economics, English language and literature, music, pharmacology, physics, political science and psychology, among others. Pitt athletes have won national championships in football, conference titles in many sports, national rankings in basketball, wrestling and volleyball, and individual national championships in gymnastics, swimming and track and field. Former Pitt track and field star Roger Kingdom is a two-time Olympic gold medalist. Pitt's University Center for International Studies offers an extensive study-abroad program, and the opportunity to spend an entire semester aboard the SS Universe, the world's only floating campus. UCIS also offers area studies programs in Asian, East Asian, Latin American, East European, Russian, Soviet Studies and West European Studies. Pitt was ranked as one of the 100 "best college values" in higher education among national universities in a 1996 Money Magazine report.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does University of Pittsburgh-Titusville cost?
University of Pittsburgh-Titusville's tuition is approximately $11,604 for In-State students and $21,166 for Out-State students.
What is the acceptance rate of University of Pittsburgh-Titusville?
The acceptance rate of University of Pittsburgh-Titusville is 75%, which is lower than the state average of 85%.
What is University of Pittsburgh-Titusville's ranking?
University of Pittsburgh-Titusville ranks among the top 20% of community college in Pennsylvania for: Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation).