Erie Institute of Technology Inc
- Erie Institute of Technology is a premier educational facility providing training for the cutting-edge technological careers of tomorrow. EIT is dedicated to developing the individual abilities of each student by providing them with the necessary skills and supporting knowledge to meet the job-entry level requirements in the fields of electronics, computers and business. In order to achieve this, programs at EIT provide students with a combination of practical laboratory training and classroom instruction. EIT then offers placement assistance to aid its graduates in locating gainful employment.
- The teacher population of 24 teachers has declined by 47% over five years.
|Erie Institute of Technology Inc||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||25 staff|
|Total Enrollment||232 students||618 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1||25:1|
|# Full-Time Students||232 students||372 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,300||$34,800|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The most important prerequisites of a student are good attitude and initiative. EIT's overall objective and philosophy is to combine these attributes with the school's programs to help individuals toward a career in the fields of electronics, computers or business. Erie Institute of Technology, formerly known as American Television Electronics School (A.T.E.S.), founded in 1958, is an end product of many years of experience and planning in the field of technical education. In 1976, the school name was changed to Erie Institute of Technology and was incorporated with the principal officers being Clinton L. Oviatt, Jr. and Charles J. Wettekin. Roger C. Scarlett became an additional officer of the corporation in 1993. In the fall of 2001, EIT was acquired by Rick Griffith -- owner of Great Lakes Institute of Technology. The Institute moved to EBCO Park in 1981. In 1986, EIT was authorized by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education to award the Associate in Specialized Technology Degree for an expanded curriculum in Electronic Engineering Technology. A new modern facility was built in the Fall of 2001 at 5539 Peach Street -- conveniently located near the Millcreek Mall and the Great Lakes Institute of Technology Main Campus -- ready for the Winter 2002 term. EIT is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology. The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 205 students | 0.00 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16510
- 46 students | 2.70 Mi2000 Liberty St
Erie,  PA  16502
- 652 students | 4.00 Mi5757 W 26th St
Erie,  PA  16506
- 125 students | 29.90 Mi847 N Main Street Ste 204
Meadville,  PA  16335
- 371 students | 38.00 Mi504 East Main Street
Titusville,  PA  16354
June 21, 2018
Learn about programs offered by community colleges that allow students to earn a two-year degree and then go on to earn a bachelor’s degree either online or at a nearby university.
June 21, 2018
Explore a trend seen this year, where enrollment rates are stabilizing or even falling at many community colleges around the country.
June 21, 2018
After transferring to a four-year institution, how do community college students fare? Learn about the reports and studies that shed light on community college student performance at the university level.