Erie Institute of Technology Inc
- Erie Institute of Technology is a premier educational facility providing training for the cutting-edge technological careers of tomorrow. EIT is dedicated to developing the individual abilities of each student by providing them with the necessary skills and supporting knowledge to meet the job-entry level requirements in the fields of electronics, computers and business. In order to achieve this, programs at EIT provide students with a combination of practical laboratory training and classroom instruction. EIT then offers placement assistance to aid its graduates in locating gainful employment.
The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Erie Institute of Technology Inc||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Technical Professions||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||36 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The most important prerequisites of a student are good attitude and initiative. EIT's overall objective and philosophy is to combine these attributes with the school's programs to help individuals toward a career in the fields of electronics, computers or business. Erie Institute of Technology, formerly known as American Television Electronics School (A.T.E.S.), founded in 1958, is an end product of many years of experience and planning in the field of technical education. In 1976, the school name was changed to Erie Institute of Technology and was incorporated with the principal officers being Clinton L. Oviatt, Jr. and Charles J. Wettekin. Roger C. Scarlett became an additional officer of the corporation in 1993. In the fall of 2001, EIT was acquired by Rick Griffith -- owner of Great Lakes Institute of Technology. The Institute moved to EBCO Park in 1981. In 1986, EIT was authorized by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education to award the Associate in Specialized Technology Degree for an expanded curriculum in Electronic Engineering Technology. A new modern facility was built in the Fall of 2001 at 5539 Peach Street -- conveniently located near the Millcreek Mall and the Great Lakes Institute of Technology Main Campus -- ready for the Winter 2002 term. EIT is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology. The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
The nearest community college to Erie Institute of Technology Inc is Erie Institute Of Technology (EIT) (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 205 students | 0.00 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie, PA 16510
(814) 868-9900 0.00205
- 15 students | 2.70 Mi2000 Liberty Street
Erie, PA 16502
(814) 453-6016 2.7015
- 194 students | 3.40 Mi5757 W 26th St
Erie, PA 16506
(814) 838-7673 3.40194
- 611 students | 17.00 Mi16 W Division St
North East, PA 16428
(814) 725-6100 17.00611
- 115 students | 29.90 Mi11618 Cotton Road
MEADVILLE, PA 16335
(814) 724-0700 29.90115
Many fears have now been realized, as California lawmakers slash hundreds of millions of dollars from higher education budgets. We’ll look at how these dramatic cuts will impact community colleges across the state.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.