- Erie Institute of Technology is a premier educational facility providing training for the cutting-edge technological careers of tomorrow. EIT is dedicated to developing the individual abilities of each student by providing them with the necessary skills and supporting knowledge to meet the job-entry level requirements in the fields of electronics, computers and business. In order to achieve this, programs at EIT provide students with a combination of practical laboratory training and classroom instruction. EIT then offers placement assistance to aid its graduates in locating gainful employment.
Erie Institute of Technology Inc serves 282 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 6:1 is lower than the state community college average of 11:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 39%.
- Enrollment: 282 students
- In-state tuition: $13,770
- Out-state tuition: $13,770
- Student:teacher ratio: 6:1
- Minority enrollment: 18%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 45 teachers has grown by 87% over five years.
Erie Institute of Technology Inc
(PA) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Erie Institute of Technology Inc has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 6:1 has increased from 5:1 over five years.
The Erie Institute of Technology Inc diversity score of 0.32 is less than the state average of 0.59. The school's diversity has grown by 20% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $13,770 is more than the state average of $9,730. The in-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $13,770 is less than the state average of $13,992. The out-state tuition has stayed relatively flat over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- The most important prerequisites of a student are good attitude and initiative. EIT's overall objective and philosophy is to combine these attributes with the school's programs to help individuals toward a career in the fields of electronics, computers or business. Erie Institute of Technology, formerly known as American Television Electronics School (A.T.E.S.), founded in 1958, is an end product of many years of experience and planning in the field of technical education. In 1976, the school name was changed to Erie Institute of Technology and was incorporated with the principal officers being Clinton L. Oviatt, Jr. and Charles J. Wettekin. Roger C. Scarlett became an additional officer of the corporation in 1993. In the fall of 2001, EIT was acquired by Rick Griffith -- owner of Great Lakes Institute of Technology. The Institute moved to EBCO Park in 1981. In 1986, EIT was authorized by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education to award the Associate in Specialized Technology Degree for an expanded curriculum in Electronic Engineering Technology. A new modern facility was built in the Fall of 2001 at 5539 Peach Street -- conveniently located near the Millcreek Mall and the Great Lakes Institute of Technology Main Campus -- ready for the Winter 2002 term. EIT is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology. The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Erie Institute of Technology Inc cost?
Erie Institute of Technology Inc's tuition is approximately $13,770 for In-State students and $13,770 for Out-State students.
What schools are Erie Institute of Technology Inc often compared to?
Erie Institute of Technology Incis often viewed alongside schools like Erie Institute Of Technology (EIT) by visitors of our site.
How to Take Online Community College Classes for Free
Learn about programs across the country that allow students to take online community college classes for free.
A Nontraditional Student’s Guide to Community College
Going to college is hard work but it’s even more challenging for nontraditional students who are working or raising a family at the same time. If you’re considering community college to improve your life or further your career, here’s everything you need to know.
Beyond the High School Classroom: The Pros and Cons of Dual Enrollment
Explore the intricacies of dual enrollment, a growing educational trend that allows high school students to earn college credits. This comprehensive guide delves into its history, eligibility requirements, benefits, and drawbacks, offering valuable insights for both parents and students considering this path.