Erie Institute of Technology Inc
- Erie Institute of Technology is a premier educational facility providing training for the cutting-edge technological careers of tomorrow. EIT is dedicated to developing the individual abilities of each student by providing them with the necessary skills and supporting knowledge to meet the job-entry level requirements in the fields of electronics, computers and business. In order to achieve this, programs at EIT provide students with a combination of practical laboratory training and classroom instruction. EIT then offers placement assistance to aid its graduates in locating gainful employment.
The teacher population of 24 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Erie Institute of Technology Inc||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Special Focus Two-Year: Technical Professions||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private for-profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Total Faculty||24 staff||36 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The most important prerequisites of a student are good attitude and initiative. EIT's overall objective and philosophy is to combine these attributes with the school's programs to help individuals toward a career in the fields of electronics, computers or business. Erie Institute of Technology, formerly known as American Television Electronics School (A.T.E.S.), founded in 1958, is an end product of many years of experience and planning in the field of technical education. In 1976, the school name was changed to Erie Institute of Technology and was incorporated with the principal officers being Clinton L. Oviatt, Jr. and Charles J. Wettekin. Roger C. Scarlett became an additional officer of the corporation in 1993. In the fall of 2001, EIT was acquired by Rick Griffith -- owner of Great Lakes Institute of Technology. The Institute moved to EBCO Park in 1981. In 1986, EIT was authorized by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education to award the Associate in Specialized Technology Degree for an expanded curriculum in Electronic Engineering Technology. A new modern facility was built in the Fall of 2001 at 5539 Peach Street -- conveniently located near the Millcreek Mall and the Great Lakes Institute of Technology Main Campus -- ready for the Winter 2002 term. EIT is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology. The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
The nearest community college to Erie Institute of Technology Inc is Erie Institute Of Technology (EIT) (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 205 students | 0.00 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie, PA 16510
(814) 868-9900 0.00205
- 15 students | 2.70 Mi2000 Liberty Street
Erie, PA 16502
(814) 453-6016 2.7015
- 194 students | 3.40 Mi5757 W 26th St
Erie, PA 16506
(814) 838-7673 3.40194
- 611 students | 17.00 Mi16 W Division St
North East, PA 16428
(814) 725-6100 17.00611
- 115 students | 29.90 Mi11618 Cotton Road
MEADVILLE, PA 16335
(814) 724-0700 29.90115
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.