CUNY Kingsborough Community College
Tel: (718) 368-5000
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #2 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including degrees leading to the following helping careers: Chemical Dependency Counseling | Community Health | Mental Health & Human Services | Physical Therapist Assistant (pictured) | Polysomnographic (Sleep) Technology | Speech Pathology
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #3 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including degrees in allied health: Biology | Biotechnology | Chemical Dependency Counseling | Community Health | EMS/Paramedic | Exercise Science | Mental Health & Human Services | Nursing (pictured) | Polysomnographic [Sleep] Technology | Physical Education, Recreation & Recreation Therapy | Physical Therapist Assistant | Speech Communication: Speech Pathology | Surgical Technology
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #4 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including degrees leading to careers in the following fields: Criminal Justice | Culinary Arts | Fashion Design | Journalism & Print Media | Maritime Technology (pictured). Learn more on a campus tour: www1.kingsborough.edu/regform/ctrform.php
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #5 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including the following A.S. and A.A.S. degrees in business and related fields: Accounting (pictured) | Business Administration | Business of Fashion | Community Health: Health Administration | Office Administration & Technology | Sports Management | Tourism & Hospitality | Website Development & Administration. Learn more on a campus tour: www1.kingsborough.edu/regform/ctrform.php
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #6 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including these majors in art and media: Fine Arts | Graphic Design & Illustration / Animation | Media Arts (pictured) | Theatre Arts. Learn more on a campus tour: www1.kingsborough.edu/regform/ctrform.php
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #7 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including the following A.S. and A.A.S. STEM degrees: Biology | Biotechnology | Chemistry | Computer Information Systems | Computer Science | Earth & Planetary Sciences | Engineering Science (pictured) | Mathematics | Physics | Science for Forensics. Learn more on a campus tour: www1.kingsborough.edu/regform/ctrform.php
- Kingsborough Community College is a comprehensive community college, offering a broad array of educational opportunities in line with its current mission: preparation for transfer to a four-year institution, career development, general education, adult and continuing education, and support services.
The teacher population of 1,287 teachers has grown by 81% over five years.
|CUNY Kingsborough Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||1,287 staff||158 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Over 80 clubs to choose from
Arts and Music Programs:
Professional cultural programs offered yearround
Recreational Athletic Programs:
and volleyball courts, Fitness center with cardio machines and free weights, indoor basketball, raquetball, swimming
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Kingsborough Community College is located on a 70-acre campus on the southern tip of Brooklyn, NY, in Manhattan Beach. Founded in 1963, the college serves offers a wide range of credit and non-credit courses in the liberal arts and career education, as well as a number of specialized programs. Kingsborough Community College serves approximately 15,000 students taking credit courses and another 20,000 students taking non-credit and continuing education courses. Students attend Kingsborough Community College to prepare for transfer to four-year colleges or universities or to prepare for jobs or career advancements. Among the more than 1,100 community colleges nationwide, Kingsborough Community College ranks in the top 5% in awarding associate degrees to students who wish to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Kingsborough also presents many community events each year that attract visitors to the campus, including a free summer music festival and a performing arts festival. Kingsborough is fully accredited and approved by the Commission of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Learn more: http://www.youtube.com/kingsboroughCUNY
The nearest community college to CUNY Kingsborough Community College is Gamla college (3.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 3.10 Mi1213 elm ave
Brooklyn, NY 11230
(718) 339-4747 3.10n/a
- 5,798 students | 6.20 Mi1650 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11225
(718) 270-4900 6.205,798
- 4,358 students | 8.30 Mi!51 Lawrence Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 522-9073 8.304,358
- 17,036 students | 8.60 Mi300 Jay St
Brooklyn, NY 11201
(718) 260-5500 8.6017,036
- 545 students | 10.10 Mi11 Park Place 4th Floor
New York, NY 10007
(212) 962-0002 10.10545
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.