CUNY Kingsborough Community College
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #2 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including degrees leading to the following helping careers: Community Health: Gerontology | Mental Health & Human Services: General Mental Health; Domestic Violence Counseling;Substance Abuse Counseling | Physical Therapist Assistant (pictured) | Speech Pathology
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #3 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including degrees in allied health: Biology | Biotechnology | Chemical Dependency Counseling | Community Health | EMS/Paramedic | Exercise Science | Mental Health & Human Services | Nursing (pictured) | Polysomnographic [Sleep] Technology | Physical Education, Recreation & Recreation Therapy | Physical Therapist Assistant | Speech Communication: Speech Pathology | Surgical Technology
- Kingsborough Community College is a comprehensive community college, offering a broad array of educational opportunities in line with its current mission: preparation for transfer to a four-year institution, career development, general education, adult and continuing education, and support services.
- The teacher population of 603 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|CUNY Kingsborough Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||603 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||19,145 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||10,219 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,926 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,200||$35,300|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Over 80 clubs to choose from
Arts and Music Programs:
Professional cultural programs offered yearround
Recreational Athletic Programs:
and volleyball courts, Fitness center with cardio machines and free weights, indoor basketball, raquetball, swimming
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Kingsborough Community College is located on a 70-acre campus on the southern tip of Brooklyn, NY, in Manhattan Beach. Founded in 1963, the college serves offers a wide range of credit and non-credit courses in the liberal arts and career education, as well as a number of specialized programs. Kingsborough Community College serves approximately 15,000 students taking credit courses and another 20,000 students taking non-credit and continuing education courses. Students attend Kingsborough Community College to prepare for transfer to four-year colleges or universities or to prepare for jobs or career advancements. Among the more than 1,100 community colleges nationwide, Kingsborough Community College ranks in the top 5% in awarding associate degrees to students who wish to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Kingsborough also presents many community events each year that attract visitors to the campus, including a free summer music festival and a performing arts festival. Kingsborough is fully accredited and approved by the Commission of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to CUNY Kingsborough Community College is Gamla college (3.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 3.10 Mi1213 elm ave
Brooklyn,  NY  11230
(718)339-4747 x 101 3.10n/a
- 6,701 students | 6.20 Mi1650 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn,  NY  11225
- 4,624 students | 8.30 Mi81 Willoughby Street
Brooklyn,  NY  11201
- 16,967 students | 8.60 Mi300 Jay St
Brooklyn,  NY  11201
- n/a students | 10.00 Mi408 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York,  NY  10013
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.