CUNY Kingsborough Community College
- Kingsborough Community College is a comprehensive community college, offering a broad array of educational opportunities in line with its current mission: preparation for transfer to a four-year institution, career development, general education, adult and continuing education, and support services.
- The teacher population of 603 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|CUNY Kingsborough Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||603 staff||85 staff|
|Total Enrollment||19,145 students||1,688 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||10,219 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,926 students||525 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,200||$35,300|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Over 80 clubs to choose from
Arts and Music Programs:
Professional cultural programs offered yearround
Recreational Athletic Programs:
and volleyball courts, Fitness center with cardio machines and free weights, indoor basketball, raquetball, swimming
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Kingsborough Community College is located on a 70-acre campus in Manhattan Beach, on the southern tip of Brooklyn, New York. Founded in 1963, the College serves approximately thirty thousand students per year, offering a wide range of credit and non-credit courses in the liberal arts and career education, as well as a number of specialized programs. Kingsborough Community College serves approximately 15,000 students taking credit courses and another 20,000 students taking non-credit and continuing education courses. The College employs 281 full-time faculty members and 381 adjuncts to serve students in credit courses and 200 part-time and 20-25 full time teachers in continuing education courses. The College's total staff numbers 831 employees. The top two reasons students attend Kingsborough Community College are to prepare for transfer to four-year colleges or universities and to prepare for jobs or career advancements. Among the more than 1,100 community colleges nationwide, Kingsborough Community College ranks in the top 5% in awarding associate degrees to students who wish to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. As Brooklyn's community college, Kingsborough sponsors hundreds of community events each year that attract visitors to the campus, including a free summer music festival and a performing arts festival. Kingsborough is fully accredited and approved by the Commission of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 3.10 Mi1213 elm ave
Brooklyn,  NY  11230
(718)339-4747 x 101 3.10n/a
- 6,701 students | 6.20 Mi1650 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn,  NY  11225
- 4,624 students | 8.30 Mi81 Willoughby Street
Brooklyn,  NY  11201
- 16,967 students | 8.60 Mi300 Jay St
Brooklyn,  NY  11201
- n/a students | 10.00 Mi408 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York,  NY  10013
March 21, 2018
Learn how community colleges are outperforming 4 year universities in several different areas.
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.