CUNY Kingsborough Community College
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #2 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including degrees leading to the following helping careers: Chemical Dependency Counseling | Community Health | Mental Health & Human Services | Physical Therapist Assistant (pictured) | Polysomnographic (Sleep) Technology | Speech Pathology
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #3 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including degrees in allied health: Biology | Biotechnology | Chemical Dependency Counseling | Community Health | EMS/Paramedic | Exercise Science | Mental Health & Human Services | Nursing (pictured) | Polysomnographic [Sleep] Technology | Physical Education, Recreation & Recreation Therapy | Physical Therapist Assistant | Speech Communication: Speech Pathology | Surgical Technology
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #4 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including degrees leading to careers in the following fields: Criminal Justice | Culinary Arts | Fashion Design | Journalism & Print Media | Maritime Technology (pictured). Learn more on a campus tour: www1.kingsborough.edu/regform/ctrform.php
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #5 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including the following A.S. and A.A.S. degrees in business and related fields: Accounting (pictured) | Business Administration | Business of Fashion | Community Health: Health Administration | Office Administration & Technology | Sports Management | Tourism & Hospitality | Website Development & Administration. Learn more on a campus tour: www1.kingsborough.edu/regform/ctrform.php
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #6 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including these majors in art and media: Fine Arts | Graphic Design & Illustration / Animation | Media Arts (pictured) | Theatre Arts. Learn more on a campus tour: www1.kingsborough.edu/regform/ctrform.php
CUNY Kingsborough Community College Photo #7 - We offer over 70 programs of study, including the following A.S. and A.A.S. STEM degrees: Biology | Biotechnology | Chemistry | Computer Information Systems | Computer Science | Earth & Planetary Sciences | Engineering Science (pictured) | Mathematics | Physics | Science for Forensics. Learn more on a campus tour: www1.kingsborough.edu/regform/ctrform.php
- Kingsborough Community College is a comprehensive community college, offering a broad array of educational opportunities in line with its current mission: preparation for transfer to a four-year institution, career development, general education, adult and continuing education, and support services.
- The teacher population of 603 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|CUNY Kingsborough Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||603 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||19,145 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||32:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||10,219 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||8,926 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$40,200||$35,200|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Over 80 clubs to choose from
Arts and Music Programs:
Professional cultural programs offered yearround
Recreational Athletic Programs:
and volleyball courts, Fitness center with cardio machines and free weights, indoor basketball, raquetball, swimming
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Kingsborough Community College is located on a 70-acre campus on the southern tip of Brooklyn, NY, in Manhattan Beach. Founded in 1963, the college serves offers a wide range of credit and non-credit courses in the liberal arts and career education, as well as a number of specialized programs. Kingsborough Community College serves approximately 15,000 students taking credit courses and another 20,000 students taking non-credit and continuing education courses. Students attend Kingsborough Community College to prepare for transfer to four-year colleges or universities or to prepare for jobs or career advancements. Among the more than 1,100 community colleges nationwide, Kingsborough Community College ranks in the top 5% in awarding associate degrees to students who wish to transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Kingsborough also presents many community events each year that attract visitors to the campus, including a free summer music festival and a performing arts festival. Kingsborough is fully accredited and approved by the Commission of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- Learn more: http://www.youtube.com/kingsboroughCUNY
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to CUNY Kingsborough Community College is Gamla college (3.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- n/a students | 3.10 Mi1213 elm ave
Brooklyn,  NY  11230
- 6,701 students | 6.20 Mi1650 Bedford Ave
Brooklyn,  NY  11225
- 4,624 students | 8.30 Mi81 Willoughby Street
Brooklyn,  NY  11201
- 16,967 students | 8.60 Mi300 Jay St
Brooklyn,  NY  11201
- 545 students | 10.10 Mi11 Park Place 4th Floor
New York,  NY  10007
A new study by the Massachusetts Teachers Association has urged the state to hire more full-time faculty members at community colleges after uncovering a host of issues related to a growing adjunct faculty at these schools.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.