- Jamestown Community College is a comprehensive, regional, open-access, student-centered institution that embraces academic excellence and meets the service area's learning needs in diverse ways, including liberal arts transfer degree programs, career programs, community service, developmental education, and business and industry training. The college's partnership with the greater community contributes to the social and intellectual improvement, economic development, and cultural enrichment of western New York State and northwestern Pennsylvania.
Jamestown Community College serves 3,430 students (48% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is same as the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 18% of the student body (majority Hispanic and Black), which is less than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 3,430 students
- In-state tuition: $5,080
- Out-state tuition: $9,490
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 18%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 359 teachers has grown by 112% over five years.
Jamestown Community College
(NY) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Jamestown Community College has declined by 23% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
The Jamestown Community College diversity score of 0.32 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has declined by 18% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $5,080 is less than the state average of $5,507. The in-state tuition has declined by 10% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $9,490 is less than the state average of $10,195. The out-state tuition has declined by 8% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
7280 out of state
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Jamestown Community College, founded in 1950 as a predominantly transfer, liberal arts oriented institution, was among the first community colleges within the State University of New York. The college has grown from an enrollment of 169 students attending classes at Jamestown High School to an enrollment of over 4,000 in a multi-campus institution. The Jamestown Campus is located on a 107-acre site at the foot of Chautauqua Lake in Jamestown, New York. The Cattaraugus County Campus is located 50 miles east of Jamestown in Olean, New York. JCC also operates centers in Dunkirk, New York and Warren, Pennsylvania. Jamestown Campus facilities includes the Hamilton Collegiate Center, the Hultquist Library, a gymnasium and Arts and Sciences Center, along with the science laboratories, a technology center, computer center, the Weeks Gallery, and the 402-seat Scharmann Theatre, which serves as the site for a variety of student and professional cultural events and lectures. The campus state-of-the-art computer resources include 450 computers. The Katharine Jackson Carnahan Center is home to JCC's top-ranked nursing program and its modern nursing laboratory as well as the Center for Continuing Education , which includes microcomputer labs, a theatre, and classrooms designed for short-term training. Jamestown Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Its curricula are approved by the State University of New York and are registered by the New York State Department of Education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Jamestown Community College cost?
Jamestown Community College's tuition is approximately $5,080 for In-State students and $9,490 for Out-State students.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
Housing is Down, but California Community College Construction Projects Still Strong
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.