Jamestown Community College
- Jamestown Community College is a comprehensive, regional, open-access, student-centered institution that embraces academic excellence and meets the service area's learning needs in diverse ways, including liberal arts transfer degree programs, career programs, community service, developmental education, and business and industry training. The college's partnership with the greater community contributes to the social and intellectual improvement, economic development, and cultural enrichment of western New York State and northwestern Pennsylvania.
The teacher population of 359 teachers has grown by 113% over five years.
|Jamestown Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Baccalaureate Colleges: Diverse Fields|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||359 staff||158 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Jamestown Community College, founded in 1950 as a predominantly transfer, liberal arts oriented institution, was among the first community colleges within the State University of New York. The college has grown from an enrollment of 169 students attending classes at Jamestown High School to an enrollment of over 4,000 in a multi-campus institution. The Jamestown Campus is located on a 107-acre site at the foot of Chautauqua Lake in Jamestown, New York. The Cattaraugus County Campus is located 50 miles east of Jamestown in Olean, New York. JCC also operates centers in Dunkirk, New York and Warren, Pennsylvania. Jamestown Campus facilities includes the Hamilton Collegiate Center, the Hultquist Library, a gymnasium and Arts and Sciences Center, along with the science laboratories, a technology center, computer center, the Weeks Gallery, and the 402-seat Scharmann Theatre, which serves as the site for a variety of student and professional cultural events and lectures. The campus state-of-the-art computer resources include 450 computers. The Katharine Jackson Carnahan Center is home to JCC's top-ranked nursing program and its modern nursing laboratory as well as the Center for Continuing Education , which includes microcomputer labs, a theatre, and classrooms designed for short-term training. Jamestown Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Its curricula are approved by the State University of New York and are registered by the New York State Department of Education.
The nearest community college to Jamestown Community College is Jamestown Business College (2.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 305 students | 2.00 Mi7 Fairmount Ave
Jamestown, NY 14701
(716) 664-5100 2.00305
- 611 students | 32.30 Mi16 W Division St
North East, PA 16428
(814) 725-6100 32.30611
- 135 students | 40.60 Mi504 East Main Street
Titusville, PA 16354
(888) 878-0462 40.60135
- 205 students | 45.30 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie, PA 16510
(814) 868-9900 45.30205
- 225 students | 45.30 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie, PA 16565
(814) 868-9900 45.30225
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.