Jamestown Community College
Tel: (716) 338-1000
- Jamestown Community College is a comprehensive, regional, open-access, student-centered institution that embraces academic excellence and meets the service area's learning needs in diverse ways, including liberal arts transfer degree programs, career programs, community service, developmental education, and business and industry training. The college's partnership with the greater community contributes to the social and intellectual improvement, economic development, and cultural enrichment of western New York State and northwestern Pennsylvania.
The teacher population of 169 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jamestown Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||81 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Jamestown Community College, founded in 1950 as a predominantly transfer, liberal arts oriented institution, was among the first community colleges within the State University of New York. The college has grown from an enrollment of 169 students attending classes at Jamestown High School to an enrollment of over 4,000 in a multi-campus institution. The Jamestown Campus is located on a 107-acre site at the foot of Chautauqua Lake in Jamestown, New York. The Cattaraugus County Campus is located 50 miles east of Jamestown in Olean, New York. JCC also operates centers in Dunkirk, New York and Warren, Pennsylvania. Jamestown Campus facilities includes the Hamilton Collegiate Center, the Hultquist Library, a gymnasium and Arts and Sciences Center, along with the science laboratories, a technology center, computer center, the Weeks Gallery, and the 402-seat Scharmann Theatre, which serves as the site for a variety of student and professional cultural events and lectures. The campus state-of-the-art computer resources include 450 computers. The Katharine Jackson Carnahan Center is home to JCC's top-ranked nursing program and its modern nursing laboratory as well as the Center for Continuing Education , which includes microcomputer labs, a theatre, and classrooms designed for short-term training. Jamestown Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Its curricula are approved by the State University of New York and are registered by the New York State Department of Education.
The nearest community college to Jamestown Community College is Jamestown Business College (2.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 318 students | 2.00 Mi7 Fairmount Ave
Jamestown,  NY  14701
(716) 664-5100 2.00318
- 371 students | 40.60 Mi504 East Main Street
Titusville,  PA  16354
(888) 878-0462 40.60371
- 46 students | 44.80 Mi2000 Liberty St
Erie,  PA  16502
(814) 453-6016 44.8046
- 205 students | 45.30 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16510
(814) 868-9900 45.30205
- 232 students | 45.30 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16565
(814) 868-9900 45.30232
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.