Jamestown Community College
- Jamestown Community College is a comprehensive, regional, open-access, student-centered institution that embraces academic excellence and meets the service area's learning needs in diverse ways, including liberal arts transfer degree programs, career programs, community service, developmental education, and business and industry training. The college's partnership with the greater community contributes to the social and intellectual improvement, economic development, and cultural enrichment of western New York State and northwestern Pennsylvania.
The teacher population of 169 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jamestown Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||88 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Jamestown Community College, founded in 1950 as a predominantly transfer, liberal arts oriented institution, was among the first community colleges within the State University of New York. The college has grown from an enrollment of 169 students attending classes at Jamestown High School to an enrollment of over 4,000 in a multi-campus institution. The Jamestown Campus is located on a 107-acre site at the foot of Chautauqua Lake in Jamestown, New York. The Cattaraugus County Campus is located 50 miles east of Jamestown in Olean, New York. JCC also operates centers in Dunkirk, New York and Warren, Pennsylvania. Jamestown Campus facilities includes the Hamilton Collegiate Center, the Hultquist Library, a gymnasium and Arts and Sciences Center, along with the science laboratories, a technology center, computer center, the Weeks Gallery, and the 402-seat Scharmann Theatre, which serves as the site for a variety of student and professional cultural events and lectures. The campus state-of-the-art computer resources include 450 computers. The Katharine Jackson Carnahan Center is home to JCC's top-ranked nursing program and its modern nursing laboratory as well as the Center for Continuing Education , which includes microcomputer labs, a theatre, and classrooms designed for short-term training. Jamestown Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Its curricula are approved by the State University of New York and are registered by the New York State Department of Education.
The nearest community college to Jamestown Community College is Jamestown Business College (2.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 298 students | 2.00 Mi7 Fairmount Ave
Jamestown, NY 14701
(716) 664-5100 2.00298
- 611 students | 32.30 Mi16 W Division St
North East, PA 16428
(814) 725-6100 32.30611
- 225 students | 40.60 Mi504 East Main Street
Titusville, PA 16354
(888) 878-0462 40.60225
- 15 students | 44.80 Mi2000 Liberty Street
Erie, PA 16502
(814) 453-6016 44.8015
- 205 students | 45.30 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie, PA 16510
(814) 868-9900 45.30205
Leading the country in slashing public education spending, Arizona voted to defund higher education, including Pima and Maricopa Community College Districts, leaving many Arizona college students wondering what this new state legislation means for the future of their education.
Read on to learn the ins and outs of crafting the perfect college application essay.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?