Jamestown Community College
- Jamestown Community College is a comprehensive, regional, open-access, student-centered institution that embraces academic excellence and meets the service area's learning needs in diverse ways, including liberal arts transfer degree programs, career programs, community service, developmental education, and business and industry training. The college's partnership with the greater community contributes to the social and intellectual improvement, economic development, and cultural enrichment of western New York State and northwestern Pennsylvania.
- The teacher population of 169 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Jamestown Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||169 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||5,065 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,551 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,514 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||340||451|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,300||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Jamestown Community College, founded in 1950 as a predominantly transfer, liberal arts oriented institution, was among the first community colleges within the State University of New York. The college has grown from an enrollment of 169 students attending classes at Jamestown High School to an enrollment of over 4,000 in a multi-campus institution. The Jamestown Campus is located on a 107-acre site at the foot of Chautauqua Lake in Jamestown, New York. The Cattaraugus County Campus is located 50 miles east of Jamestown in Olean, New York. JCC also operates centers in Dunkirk, New York and Warren, Pennsylvania. Jamestown Campus facilities includes the Hamilton Collegiate Center, the Hultquist Library, a gymnasium and Arts and Sciences Center, along with the science laboratories, a technology center, computer center, the Weeks Gallery, and the 402-seat Scharmann Theatre, which serves as the site for a variety of student and professional cultural events and lectures. The campus state-of-the-art computer resources include 450 computers. The Katharine Jackson Carnahan Center is home to JCC's top-ranked nursing program and its modern nursing laboratory as well as the Center for Continuing Education , which includes microcomputer labs, a theatre, and classrooms designed for short-term training. Jamestown Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Its curricula are approved by the State University of New York and are registered by the New York State Department of Education.
- The nearest community college to Jamestown Community College is Jamestown Business College (2.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 318 students | 2.20 Mi7 Fairmount Ave
Jamestown,  NY  14701
- 371 students | 40.70 Mi504 East Main Street
Titusville,  PA  16354
- 46 students | 44.90 Mi2000 Liberty St
Erie,  PA  16502
- 205 students | 45.30 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16510
- 232 students | 45.30 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie,  PA  16565
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.