Erie Institute Of Technology (EIT)
- EIT is dedicated to developing the individual abilities of each student by providing them with the necessary skills and supporting knowledge to meet the job-entry level requirements in the fields of electronics, computers and business. In order to achieve this, programs at EIT provide students with a combination of practical laboratory training and classroom instruction. EIT then offers placement assistance to aid its graduates in locating gainful employment.
|Erie Institute Of Technology (EIT)||(PA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private not-for-profit|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Erie Institute of Technology, formerly known as American Television Electronics School (A.T.E.S.), founded in 1958, is an end product of many years of experience and planning in the field of technical education. In 1976, the school name was changed to Erie Institute of Technology and was incorporated with the principal officers being Clinton L. Oviatt, Jr. and Charles J. Wettekin. Roger C. Scarlett became an additional officer of the corporation in 1993. In the fall of 2001, EIT was acquired by Rick Griffith -- owner of Great Lakes Institute of Technology. The Institute moved to EBCO Park in 1981. In 1986, EIT was authorized by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Education to award the Associate in Specialized Technology Degree for an expanded curriculum in Electronic Engineering Technology. EIT acquired the assets of the defunct former CAMtech school, and incorporated them with newly-designed Advanced Manufacturing programs in a new modern facility in the Millcreek Mall complex. Erie Institute of Technology is an educational facility providing training for the technological careers of tomorrow. The college offers programs in Computer and Electronics and Advanced Manufacturing. Computer Programs include: Multimedia Graphic Design, Network and Database Professional and Office Software Specialist. Electronics Programs includes Basic Electronics Technician, Biomedical Equipment Technology, Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology, and Industrial Automation and Robotics Technology. EIT is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology. The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology is listed by the U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
The nearest community college to Erie Institute Of Technology (EIT) is Erie Institute of Technology Inc (0.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 182 students | 0.00 Mi940 Millcreek Mall
Erie, PA 16565
(814) 868-9900 0.00182
- 15 students | 2.70 Mi2000 Liberty Street
Erie, PA 16502
(814) 453-6016 2.7015
- 194 students | 3.40 Mi5757 W 26th St
Erie, PA 16506
(814) 838-7673 3.40194
- 611 students | 17.00 Mi16 W Division St
North East, PA 16428
(814) 725-6100 17.00611
- 115 students | 29.90 Mi11618 Cotton Road
MEADVILLE, PA 16335
(814) 724-0700 29.90115
Community colleges are quickly becoming a key competitor against four year universities – and for many good reasons! Learn about why more students are opting to enroll in their local community college, rather than going straight to four year institutions.
Hunting for a job is always nerve-wracking but even more so in the aftermath of a global pandemic. Read on to learn some job-hunting tactics and tips for remote interviewing.
May 18, 2021
The world was ill-prepared to find itself in the midst of a global pandemic and the effects of the past year will linger for many years to come. No industry was unaffected and the pandemic brought to light inequities in many, particularly the U.S. education system. Read on to learn how the pandemic has affected community colleges and what students can expect in the future.