- Helene Fuld College of Nursing is an independent single-purpose institution. Its mission is to provide the opportunity, through a career-ladder approach, for men and women to enhance their education and improve their nursing practice. The college endeavors to produce high quality and technically adaptable nurses who are able to function effectively in a changing society.
Helene Fuld College of Nursing serves 525 students (64% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 10:1 is same as the state community college average of 10:1.
Minority enrollment is 90% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 57%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 525 students
- Private-state tuition: $18,304
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 90%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Helene Fuld College of Nursing ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
The teacher population of 55 teachers has grown by 120% over five years.
Helene Fuld College of Nursing
(NY) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
At least 2 but less than 4 years
The student population of Helene Fuld College of Nursing has grown by 9% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 10:1 has decreased from 11:1 over five years.
The Helene Fuld College of Nursing diversity score of 0.54 is less than the state average of 0.72. The school's diversity has grown by 13% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $18,304 is more than the state average of $16,274. The private state tuition has grown by 9% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Helene Fuld College of Nursing of North General Hospital (a private, not-for-profit institution located in Harlem) has been educating nurses for over fifty years. Founded in 1945, Helene Fuld has always been at the forefront of nursing education. The uniqueness of the college's mission is its career ladder approach. Recognizing nursing as a multi-level career, the college is committed to advancing experienced licensed practical nurses to the associate degree registered nurse level in an accelerated one-year full-time program. Students also have the option of attending part-time. The facilities include classrooms, conference rooms, administrative offices, and nursing arts and science laboratories. A well-equipped Learning Center contains books, journals, audiovisual collections, and computer-assisted learning resources. The Helene Fuld College of Nursing Writing Center houses a computer laboratory equipped with state-of-the-art internet-ready student workstations. Helene Fuld is one of thirteen hospital-based schools in New York State that confers an associate degree in nursing. In 1981, it was the only hospital-based associate degree program in nursing to be accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), and, in 1988, the first school of its kind to receive full accreditation from the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Helene Fuld College of Nursing cost?
Helene Fuld College of Nursing's private state tuition is approximately $18,304.
What is the acceptance rate of Helene Fuld College of Nursing?
The acceptance rate of Helene Fuld College of Nursing is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 59%.
What is Helene Fuld College of Nursing's ranking?
Helene Fuld College of Nursing ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Average community college minority breakdown, Percent of students receiving financial aid, Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation) and Highest completion rates.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.