Helene Fuld College of Nursing
- Helene Fuld College of Nursing is an independent single-purpose institution. Its mission is to provide the opportunity, through a career-ladder approach, for men and women to enhance their education and improve their nursing practice. The college endeavors to produce high quality and technically adaptable nurses who are able to function effectively in a changing society.
- Enrollment: 525 students
- Private-state tuition: $18,304
- Acceptance Rate: 100%
- Student:teacher ratio: 10:1
- Minority enrollment: 90%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Helene Fuld College of Nursing ranks among the top 20% of public schools in New York for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Helene Fuld College of Nursing of North General Hospital (a private, not-for-profit institution located in Harlem) has been educating nurses for over fifty years. Founded in 1945, Helene Fuld has always been at the forefront of nursing education. The uniqueness of the college's mission is its career ladder approach. Recognizing nursing as a multi-level career, the college is committed to advancing experienced licensed practical nurses to the associate degree registered nurse level in an accelerated one-year full-time program. Students also have the option of attending part-time. The facilities include classrooms, conference rooms, administrative offices, and nursing arts and science laboratories. A well-equipped Learning Center contains books, journals, audiovisual collections, and computer-assisted learning resources. The Helene Fuld College of Nursing Writing Center houses a computer laboratory equipped with state-of-the-art internet-ready student workstations. Helene Fuld is one of thirteen hospital-based schools in New York State that confers an associate degree in nursing. In 1981, it was the only hospital-based associate degree program in nursing to be accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), and, in 1988, the first school of its kind to receive full accreditation from the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Helene Fuld College of Nursing cost?
Helene Fuld College of Nursing's private state tuition is approximately $18,304.
What is the acceptance rate of Helene Fuld College of Nursing?
The acceptance rate of Helene Fuld College of Nursing is 100%, which is higher than the state average of 59%.
What is Helene Fuld College of Nursing's ranking?
Helene Fuld College of Nursing ranks among the top 20% of community college in New York for: Average community college minority breakdown, Percent of students receiving financial aid, Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation) and Highest completion rates.