Helene Fuld College of Nursing
- Helene Fuld College of Nursing is an independent single-purpose institution. Its mission is to provide the opportunity, through a career-ladder approach, for men and women to enhance their education and improve their nursing practice. The college endeavors to produce high quality and technically adaptable nurses who are able to function effectively in a changing society.
Helene Fuld College of Nursing places among the top 20% of community colleges in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- School Resources Percent of students receiving financial aid
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
- Completion Rates Highest completion rates
- Diversity Average community college minority breakdown
- The teacher population of 25 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Helene Fuld College of Nursing||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||25 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||444 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||254 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||190 students||538 students|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$80,000||$35,200|
- Helene Fuld College of Nursing of North General Hospital (a private, not-for-profit institution located in Harlem) has been educating nurses for over fifty years. Founded in 1945, Helene Fuld has always been at the forefront of nursing education. The uniqueness of the college's mission is its career ladder approach. Recognizing nursing as a multi-level career, the college is committed to advancing experienced licensed practical nurses to the associate degree registered nurse level in an accelerated one-year full-time program. Students also have the option of attending part-time. The facilities include classrooms, conference rooms, administrative offices, and nursing arts and science laboratories. A well-equipped Learning Center contains books, journals, audiovisual collections, and computer-assisted learning resources. The Helene Fuld College of Nursing Writing Center houses a computer laboratory equipped with state-of-the-art internet-ready student workstations. Helene Fuld is one of thirteen hospital-based schools in New York State that confers an associate degree in nursing. In 1981, it was the only hospital-based associate degree program in nursing to be accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC), and, in 1988, the first school of its kind to receive full accreditation from the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Helene Fuld College of Nursing is CUNY Hostos Community College (1.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,985 students | 1.40 Mi500 Grand Concourse
Bronx,  NY  10451
- 1,163 students | 2.10 Mi3755 Broadway
New York,  NY  10032
- 707 students | 3.40 Mi254 W 54th St
New York,  NY  10019
- 449 students | 3.50 Mi619 West 54th Street - 2nd Floor
New York,  NY  10019
- 4,525 students | 3.90 Mi3 East 43 Street
New York,  NY  10017