- Boricua College is an independent, private, liberal arts and science, professional not-for-profit college. Recognizing that most Boricua students may be employed, full or part-time, throughout their undergraduate studies, employment in the form of supervised internships and clinical residence may be included as a vital part of the Collegeï¿½s educational program. A prospective student must therefore be ready and able, with assistance from Faculty Facilitators, to build course-work, home, family, community and employment into an integrated program of educational growth and development. At Boricua College, lecture-discussion courses are an excellent way for college students to master some kinds of information. Lecture-discussions about ï¿½theoretical studiesï¿½ however, are only one, of five distinct ways in which students are educated and receive academic instruction at the College. An explanation of each of these modes of instruction and of the way they are integrated into a singular program of student growth and development, follows.
- The teacher population of 75 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Boricua College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||75 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||1,163 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,163 students||1,163 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||1,104 students||1,104 students|
|# Graduate Students||59 students||95 students|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,400||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,985 students | 1.40 Mi500 Grand Concourse
Bronx,  NY  10451
- 444 students | 2.10 Mi24 East 120th Street
New York,  NY  10035
- 11,506 students | 2.50 Mi2155 University Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10453
- 6,601 students | 3.20 Mi2501 Jerome Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10468
- 449 students | 5.10 Mi619 West 54th Street - 2nd Floor
New York,  NY  10019
A career in healthcare is rewarding, recession-proof, and financially lucrative. Consider the 10 hottest healthcare careers today that can be started right from community college.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.