CUNY Hostos Community College
- The mission of Eugenio María de Hostos Community College is to offer access to higher education leading to intellectual growth and socio-economic mobility through the development of linguistic, mathematical, technological, and critical thinking proficiencies needed for lifelong learning and for success in a variety of programs including careers, liberal arts, transfer, and those professional programs leading to licensure.
- The teacher population of 275 teachers has declined by 20% over five years.
|CUNY Hostos Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||275 staff||85 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,985 students||1,688 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||4,067 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,918 students||525 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,400||$35,300|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The College takes pride in its historical role in educating students from diverse ethnic, racial, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, particularly Hispanics and African Americans. An integral part of fulfilling its mission is to provide transitional language instruction for all English-as-a-Second-Language learners along with Spanish/English bilingual education offerings to foster a multicultural environment for all students. Hostos Community College, in addition to offering degree programs, is determined to be a resource to the South Bronx and other communities served by the College by providing continuing education, cultural events, and expertise for the further development of the communities it serves. Hostos Community College is a unique and intimate college that has experienced a very positive transformation within the past seven years. With new leadership at almost every level and a faculty dedicated to academic excellence, the College has created an intellectually rich environment with high standards. In addition to new academic programs, renovated facilities, and a new fitness center, the college has created a winning athletic program, significantly improved technology, and hired more full-time faculty with the highest degree in their fields. Hostos Community College is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York. The College offers career programs accredited by the New York State Education Department, the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology, and the American Dental Association. The Allied Health programs are accredited by the appropriate agencies, including the American Dental Association and the New York Department of Health.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,163 students | 1.40 Mi3755 Broadway
New York,  NY  10032
- 444 students | 1.40 Mi24 East 120th Street
New York,  NY  10035
- 11,506 students | 2.80 Mi2155 University Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10453
- 7,001 students | 3.90 Mi2501 Jerome Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10468
- 1,614 students | 4.20 Mi86-01 23rd Avenue
East Elmhurst,  NY  11369
March 21, 2018
Learn how community colleges are outperforming 4 year universities in several different areas.
March 14, 2018
Although California’s real estate may be soft, the state’s community college constructions projects are booming. Learn about where the $1.6 billion is going and how community colleges are improving their facilities.
March 11, 2018
Community colleges face many hurdles, ranging from budget constraints to increased enrollment, but a new study pinpoints some of the largest issues - which may surprise you.