Genesee Community College
- Genesee Community College is a public, open admission, learner-centered college. The college community values diversity and welcomes all who can benefit as they seek to attain their educational, career and personal goals. Dedicated to meeting the changing needs of individuals and their community, Genesee Community College commits to providing educational experiences which promote educational and social growth, workforce and economic development, and global citizenship. Genesee Community College is an innovative leader, excelling in the provision of educational and cultural opportunities, advanced technologies, service to the region, and linkages to the world.
The teacher population of 176 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Genesee Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||176 staff||81 staff|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Genesee Community College opened in September of 1967, and moved to its permanent campus in January of 1972. The main campus is located northeast of Batavia near the New York State Thruway. Genesee's buildings are connected to form a mall-like, all-indoor college campus with ample parking, playing fields and tennis courts on College grounds. Fifty-seven classrooms, laboratories and computer labs, TV, video, photography and art studios, a 75,000-volume library, a learning center, student lounges, conference rooms, administration offices, a cafeteria, a child-care center; a fitness center, a health center, a gymnasium and a pool are all housed under one massive roof. The College is located outside the Upstate New York city of Batavia and nestled amid the scenic villages and farmland of the Genesee Region. Our main campus is located on 240 acres of gently rolling land situated in the quiet countryside. We offer day and evening classes at our Campus Centers located in Albion, Arcade, Lakeville, Warsaw and Dansville. Although we're a small college (about 4,000 full-time and part-time students) we've been able to bring to Genesee many of the top-notch programs you'd ordinarily expect to see only at large universities.
The nearest community college to Genesee Community College is Bryant & Stratton College-Amherst (26.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 356 students | 26.20 Mi3650 Millersport Highway
Getzville,  NY  14068
(716) 625-6300 26.20356
- 545 students | 29.00 Mi240 Pine Ridge Rd
Buffalo,  NY  14225
(716) 896-0700 29.00545
- 561 students | 30.10 MiSterling Park - 200 Redtail Rd.
Orchard Park,  NY  14127
(716) 677-9500 30.10561
- 1,467 students | 30.80 Mi360 Choate Ave
Buffalo,  NY  14220
(716) 826-1200 30.801,467
- 421 students | 32.50 Mi854 Long Pond Road
Rochester,  NY  14612
(585) 720-0660 32.50421
Learn about the steps you need to take to successfully transfer from a community college to a 4-year institution.
Online courses are an affordable and convenient alternative to attending a traditional university. With the advent of the first all-online community college in California, the world of community college is changing and changing quickly. Keep reading to learn more.
Many people view college campuses as bastions of free speech, but recent actions taken by some institutions of higher learning indicate that this may not always be the case.