- Genesee Community College is a public, open admission, learner-centered college. The college community values diversity and welcomes all who can benefit as they seek to attain their educational, career and personal goals. Dedicated to meeting the changing needs of individuals and their community, Genesee Community College commits to providing educational experiences which promote educational and social growth, workforce and economic development, and global citizenship. Genesee Community College is an innovative leader, excelling in the provision of educational and cultural opportunities, advanced technologies, service to the region, and linkages to the world.
- Enrollment: 4,735 students
- In-state tuition: $4,306
- Out-state tuition: $4,906
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 23%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Genesee Community College opened in September of 1967, and moved to its permanent campus in January of 1972. The main campus is located northeast of Batavia near the New York State Thruway. Genesee's buildings are connected to form a mall-like, all-indoor college campus with ample parking, playing fields and tennis courts on College grounds. Fifty-seven classrooms, laboratories and computer labs, TV, video, photography and art studios, a 75,000-volume library, a learning center, student lounges, conference rooms, administration offices, a cafeteria, a child-care center; a fitness center, a health center, a gymnasium and a pool are all housed under one massive roof. The College is located outside the Upstate New York city of Batavia and nestled amid the scenic villages and farmland of the Genesee Region. Our main campus is located on 240 acres of gently rolling land situated in the quiet countryside. We offer day and evening classes at our Campus Centers located in Albion, Arcade, Lakeville, Warsaw and Dansville. Although we're a small college (about 4,000 full-time and part-time students) we've been able to bring to Genesee many of the top-notch programs you'd ordinarily expect to see only at large universities.