Genesee Community College
- Genesee Community College is a public, open admission, learner-centered college. The college community values diversity and welcomes all who can benefit as they seek to attain their educational, career and personal goals. Dedicated to meeting the changing needs of individuals and their community, Genesee Community College commits to providing educational experiences which promote educational and social growth, workforce and economic development, and global citizenship. Genesee Community College is an innovative leader, excelling in the provision of educational and cultural opportunities, advanced technologies, service to the region, and linkages to the world.
- The teacher population of 176 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Genesee Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||176 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,876 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,178 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,698 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||451||451|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,700||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Genesee Community College opened in September of 1967, and moved to its permanent campus in January of 1972. The main campus is located northeast of Batavia near the New York State Thruway. Genesee's buildings are connected to form a mall-like, all-indoor college campus with ample parking, playing fields and tennis courts on College grounds. Fifty-seven classrooms, laboratories and computer labs, TV, video, photography and art studios, a 75,000-volume library, a learning center, student lounges, conference rooms, administration offices, a cafeteria, a child-care center; a fitness center, a health center, a gymnasium and a pool are all housed under one massive roof. The College is located outside the Upstate New York city of Batavia and nestled amid the scenic villages and farmland of the Genesee Region. Our main campus is located on 240 acres of gently rolling land situated in the quiet countryside. We offer day and evening classes at our Campus Centers located in Albion, Arcade, Lakeville, Warsaw and Dansville. Although we're a small college (about 4,000 full-time and part-time students) we've been able to bring to Genesee many of the top-notch programs you'd ordinarily expect to see only at large universities.
- The nearest community college to Genesee Community College is Bryant & Stratton College-Greece (25.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 421 students | 25.70 Mi854 Long Pond Road
Rochester,  NY  14612
- 15,335 students | 27.20 Mi1000 E Henrietta Rd
Rochester,  NY  14623
- 431 students | 27.60 Mi1225 Jefferson Rd
Rochester,  NY  14623
- 545 students | 30.80 Mi1630 Portland Ave
Rochester,  NY  14621
- 356 students | 33.80 Mi3650 Millersport Highway
Getzville,  NY  14068
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.