Gadsden state community college-Ayers Campus
- Gadsden state community college-Ayers Campus offers a variety of low cost, flexible classes designed to meet your needs—including day and night classes with traditional classroom, on-line, hybrid, or directed study options. You’ll also enjoy an active and engaged campus life, filled with opportunities to learn and grow. Gadsden State Community College serves its diverse communities by offering quality academic education, workforce development, and adult education opportunities that are accessible and affordable and that foster lifelong learning and global awareness. General Education is that portion of the collegiate experience which addresses the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and values characteristic of an educated person. It is unbounded by disciplines and honors the connections among bodies of knowledge.
|Gadsden state community college-Ayers Campus||(AL) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate of Arts Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||85%||94%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Gadsden State Community College is a public, open-door, comprehensive community college dedicated to meeting the changing needs of citizens in its service area. It offers the first two years of a four-year degree, a number of technical and certificate programs, and non-credit programs that include continuing education, skills training, and adult education. GSCC consists of the following campuses, centers, and instructional sites in Alabama: Wallace Drive, East Broad, and Valley Street campuses (Gadsden) and Ayers Campus (Anniston); McClellan Center; and Piedmont High School, Pell City High School, Cherokee County, Cleburne County, and St Clair Correctional Facility (IEP) instructional sites.The Harry M. Ayers State Technical College Foundation was formed in 1986 and remains today as a non-profit, tax exempt foundation which seeks to promote excellence on the Ayers Campus of Gadsden State Community CollegeAyers campuses are home to GSCC's technical division programs, a few academic division programs, and some non-credit continuing programs.The Continuing Education Department is committed to linking College and community resources to provide quality enrichment programs to people of all ages. The Center offers a variety of fee-based workshops, classes, community-service activities, and continuing-education courses designed for those who want to learn but who are not necessarily interested in earning academic credit or pursuing a college degree. Classes are designed for people in search of life enrichment and those striving for personal and professional growth. Programs are provided for traditional and non-traditional students and can be targeted to individuals in business, government, professional organizations, and social services.
- The nearest community college to Gadsden state community college-Ayers Campus is Gadsden State Community College (27.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,289 students | 27.80 Mi1001 George Wallace Dr
Gadsden,  AL  35903
- 6,536 students | 35.90 Mi176 Murphy Campus Blvd.
Waco,  GA  30182
- 4,727 students | 36.90 Mi750 Roberts St
Wadley,  AL  36276
- 2,298 students | 45.30 Mi102 Elder Street
Boaz,  AL  35957
- 1,726 students | 49.00 Mi1675 Cherokee Rd
Alexander City,  AL  35010
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.
Do you have a right to use profanity on campus? Read about one community college that is fining its students for cussing.