Georgia Highlands College
Georgia Highlands College Photo #2 - GHC ranked second in "Top Five Best State Colleges" in Georgia by Schools.com
Georgia Highlands College Photo #3 - Affordable Excellence - Earn a two-year degree for less than $8,000 or four-year degree for less than $16,000.
Georgia Highlands College Photo #4 - GHC is SACSCOC accredited and a state college of the University System of Georgia
Georgia Highlands College Photo #5 - GHC's nursing program was cited as one of the 30 most affordable nursing degree programs in the county by GeriatricNursing.org and ranked as the #1 most affordable nursing degree in Georgia by College Choice. Additionally, GHC's fully online RN to BSN degree has been cited as the second most affordable in the nation.
- Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its six locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas, and Douglasville. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor`s degree options both in the classroom and online. GHC is proud to support the local economy with a regional economic impact of nearly $150 million.
Top Placements (Georgia)
Listed among the top community colleges in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
|Georgia Highlands College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||- staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,013 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,841 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,172 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,500||$30,100|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Georgia Highlands College is Georgia Northwestern Technical College (4.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,816 students | 4.20 MiOne Maurice Culberson Drive
Rome,  GA  30161
- 2,512 students | 31.20 Mi5198 Ross Rd
Acworth,  GA  30102
- 6,536 students | 33.10 Mi176 Murphy Campus Blvd.
Waco,  GA  30182
- 1,422 students | 38.70 Mi7300 Reinhardt Circle
Waleska,  GA  30183
- 9,942 students | 39.80 Mi980 S Cobb Drive Dr SE
Marietta,  GA  30060
We report on the recent increases in Stafford Loan Rates, which have led to some community colleges across the country discontinuing this option for financial aid.
Attending college is expensive but there are options for financing beyond just student loans. Keep reading to learn more.
College is expensive enough without the added cost of medical school on top of it. If you're on a pre-med track, consider taking some of your prerequisites at community college. Keep reading to learn more.