Georgia Highlands College
Georgia Highlands College Photo #2 - Georgia Highlands College offers over 30 areas of study with 10 available 100% online.
Georgia Highlands College Photo #3 - GHC ranked second in "Top Five Best State Colleges" in Georgia by Schools.com
Georgia Highlands College Photo #4 - Affordable Excellence - Earn a two-year degree for less than $8,000 or four-year degree for less than $16,000.
- Georgia Highlands College is a multi-campus, state college member of the University System of Georgia. Founded in 1970 as Floyd Junior College, it now serves more than 6,000 students in Northwest Georgia and Northeast Alabama across its six locations in Rome, Cartersville, Marietta, Dallas, and Douglasville. GHC currently offers over 30 areas of study with associate degree and bachelor`s degree options both in the classroom and online. GHC is proud to support the local economy with a regional economic impact of nearly $150 million.
Georgia Highlands College places among the top 20% of community colleges in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Community Size Largest student body
- Student Earnings Highest graduate earnings (10 years post graduation)
|Georgia Highlands College||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||- staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,013 students||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,841 students||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,172 students||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,500||$29,600|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Georgia Highlands College is Georgia Northwestern Technical College (5.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 5,816 students | 5.30 MiOne Maurice Culberson Drive
Rome,  GA  30161
- 2,512 students | 31.30 Mi5198 Ross Rd
Acworth,  GA  30102
- 6,536 students | 34.00 Mi176 Murphy Campus Blvd.
Waco,  GA  30182
- 1,422 students | 38.70 Mi7300 Reinhardt Circle
Waleska,  GA  30183
- 9,942 students | 41.10 Mi980 S Cobb Drive Dr SE
Marietta,  GA  30060
Learn about the growing trend amongst four-year universities to recruit from community college campuses. Enjoy an academic head start and a competitive edge against other applicants by starting first at community college.
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.