Finger Lakes Community College
- Finger Lakes Community College’s mission is to provide a quality education within a student-centered, college environment devoted to promoting long-term student success.
- The teacher population of 204 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Finger Lakes Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||204 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,793 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||33:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||3,318 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||3,475 students||538 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$35,200|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- FLCC's campus of more than 250 acres is located adjacent to the scenic and recreationally-rich Canandaigua community, in the heart of the Finger Lakes Region. The College has off-campus centers in Geneva, Newark, and Victor. The modern, multi-level campus includes science and computer laboratories, a simulated nursing hospital station, drafting rooms, technology-enhanced classrooms, a 900 square-foot television studio and control room, a recording studio, greenhouse, music rehearsal hall, gymnasium, and a library complex. Additionally, the College offers extensive computer resources for student learning. Other special FLCC features include landscaped and natural hiking trails, outdoor classrooms, athletic fields, a modern Child Care Center, the Muller Conservation Field Station located at the southern end of Honeoye Lake, and the Constellation Brands - Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center (MAC). Fifty-five percent of FLCC students graduate with A.S. or A.A. transfer degrees prepared for further study at four-year institutions. Others graduate with A.A.S. degrees or certificates prepared to obtain employment in their field of study. Finger Lakes Community College offers Honors courses, January Plan, distance learning classroom and SUNY Learning Network Courses, and Internships. The College also holds Joint Admissions Agreements and Transfer Agreements with public and private four-year colleges and universities that allow graduates to transfer their credits in pursuit of bachelor's degrees, while receiving full junior status. All courses of instruction at Finger Lakes Community College are registered with the Office of Higher Education of the State Education Department. Finger Lakes Community College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of College and Schools.
- The nearest community college to Finger Lakes Community College is Bryant & Stratton College-Henrietta (23.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 431 students | 23.50 Mi1225 Jefferson Rd
Rochester,  NY  14623
- 15,335 students | 24.70 Mi1000 E Henrietta Rd
Rochester,  NY  14623
- 545 students | 28.50 Mi1630 Portland Ave
Rochester,  NY  14621
- 421 students | 31.40 Mi854 Long Pond Road
Rochester,  NY  14612
- 4,633 students | 35.80 Mi197 Franklin St
Auburn,  NY  13021
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.