Monroe Community College
- The mission of Monroe Community College is to provide a high quality learning environment to a diverse community. In offering education and training opportunities, student success is the College's highest priority; as such, the College is committed to access, teaching excellence, comprehensiveness, lifelong learning, partnership building and economic development.
- The teacher population of 504 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Monroe Community College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||504 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||15,335 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||9,374 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||5,961 students||538 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||772||451|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$34,300||$35,200|
- In the early 1960's, community leaders became concerned about the education of nurses in the Rochester area. Led by local physician Dr. Samuel J. Stabins, they established Monroe Community College as an educational institution which would prepare students to work in local hospitals and health care facilities. MCC became part of the State University of New York system, and its program offerings were expanded to prepare graduates for a wide range of job fields or transfer to four-year institutions. MCC's first class - 720 students - enrolled in September, 1962. Since then, enrollment has increased steadily and new programs have been developed to meet the changing requirements of the local community. The college Opened new four rink ESL Sports Centre in September 1998, Damon City Campus at Rochester in 1992 and Applied Technologies Center in early 1997. MCC's Brighton Campus is located on a 300-acre site at the junction of routes 390 and 590, just outside the city limits of Rochester, New York. The two newest academic buildings, opened in 1993, add modern learning facilities and electronic classrooms to the College's instructional space. The campus also includes a communications building, a 500-seat theater, art gallery and a large health and physical education complex with indoor pool and fitness center. A child care center is located on the campus, a short walk from the academic buildings. MCC is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools. Curricula are registered and approved by the New York State Department of Education. The College is a member of the League for Innovation in the Community College.
- The nearest community college to Monroe Community College is Bryant & Stratton College-Henrietta (1.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 431 students | 1.30 Mi1225 Jefferson Rd
Rochester,  NY  14623
- 545 students | 6.80 Mi1630 Portland Ave
Rochester,  NY  14621
- 421 students | 6.90 Mi854 Long Pond Road
Rochester,  NY  14612
- 6,793 students | 24.70 Mi3325 Marvin Sands Drive
Canandaigua,  NY  14424
- 6,876 students | 27.20 MiOne College Rd
Batavia,  NY  14020