Eastern Arizona College
- The mission of Eastern Arizona College is to provide open access to quality higher education primarily to residents of its service area. The College is accountable to its students and to the community for educational results, fiscal responsibility, and cooperation in community affairs.
The teacher population of 177 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Eastern Arizona College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||177 staff||140 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Eastern Arizona College truly must be experienced in person to fully appreciate its unique character. Our small size, pastoral setting, and diverse student body create an atmosphere unlike anyplace else you will find in Arizona. In fact, at first glimpse of the campus, lined with sycamores and evergreens and framed by the Gila and Pinaleno Mountains, you'll feel this is a place you can call home.Eastern Arizona is a public community college. Founded as St. Joseph Stake Academy in 1888, it provided education for the youth of the Gila Valley from 1890 until 1933. The institution introduced junior college courses in the early 1920s. Eastern Arizona College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.Eastern Arizona College has a comprehensive financial aid program to ensure, to the extent of available funding, that no student will be denied a college education because of lack of funds. EAC believes that primary responsibility for financing your education rests with you and your family. The ability of you and your family to provide that support is calculated through a federally approved needs analysis system.Eastern Arizona College encourages and supports a varied program of student activities and organizations. These include athletics, dramatics, music, religion, student publications, intramural sports, politics, and social and scholastic organizations.
The nearest community college to Eastern Arizona College is Brown Mackie College-Tucson (78.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 611 students | 78.10 Mi4585 E Speedway Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520) 327-6866 78.10611
- 19,594 students | 78.20 Mi4905C East Broadway Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85709
(520) 206-4500 78.2019,594
- 290 students | 78.30 Mi5441 E. 22nd St, Ste.125
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520) 748-9799 78.30290
- 1,851 students | 79.00 Mi3350 East Grant Road, Suite 100
Tucson, AZ 85716
(520) 326-1600 79.001,851
- 3,670 students | 102.30 Mi901 N Colombo Ave
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
(520) 515-0500 102.303,670
While community colleges are a very affordable option over four-year universities, some campuses are increasing their tuition either across the board or for popular degree programs.
With a large percentage of community college students needing remedial coursework, educators and policymakers are questioning the causes and solutions to this problem. Gather insight into the issue and how students can better prepare for community college coursework.
Learn about the demand for technicians of alternative fuel automobiles and its future career potential. Start your career as an alternative fuel vehicle technician at your local community college.