Eastern Arizona College
- The mission of Eastern Arizona College is to provide open access to quality higher education primarily to residents of its service area. The College is accountable to its students and to the community for educational results, fiscal responsibility, and cooperation in community affairs.
- The teacher population of 177 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Eastern Arizona College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||177 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,379 students||6,476 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||36:1||39:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,783 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,596 students||5,140 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||420||337|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$33,800||$31,100|
- Eastern Arizona College truly must be experienced in person to fully appreciate its unique character. Our small size, pastoral setting, and diverse student body create an atmosphere unlike anyplace else you will find in Arizona. In fact, at first glimpse of the campus, lined with sycamores and evergreens and framed by the Gila and Pinaleno Mountains, you'll feel this is a place you can call home.Eastern Arizona is a public community college. Founded as St. Joseph Stake Academy in 1888, it provided education for the youth of the Gila Valley from 1890 until 1933. The institution introduced junior college courses in the early 1920s. Eastern Arizona College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.Eastern Arizona College has a comprehensive financial aid program to ensure, to the extent of available funding, that no student will be denied a college education because of lack of funds. EAC believes that primary responsibility for financing your education rests with you and your family. The ability of you and your family to provide that support is calculated through a federally approved needs analysis system.Eastern Arizona College encourages and supports a varied program of student activities and organizations. These include athletics, dramatics, music, religion, student publications, intramural sports, politics, and social and scholastic organizations.
- The nearest community college to Eastern Arizona College is Brown Mackie College-Tucson (78.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 611 students | 78.20 Mi4585 E Speedway Blvd.
Tucson,  AZ  85712
- 507 students | 78.40 Mi5441 E. 22nd St, Ste.125
Tucson,  AZ  85711
- 1,948 students | 79.00 Mi3350 East Grant Road, Suite 200
Tucson,  AZ  85716
- 172 students | 79.20 Mi2525 N Country Club Rd
Tucson,  AZ  85716
- 28,070 students | 83.00 Mi4905C East Broadway Blvd.
Tucson,  AZ  85709