Eastern Arizona College
- The mission of Eastern Arizona College is to provide open access to quality higher education primarily to residents of its service area. The College is accountable to its students and to the community for educational results, fiscal responsibility, and cooperation in community affairs.
The teacher population of 400 teachers has grown by 115% over five years.
|Eastern Arizona College||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Nontraditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||400 staff||202 staff|
|School Calendar||Link to School Calendar|
Source: 2020 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Eastern Arizona College truly must be experienced in person to fully appreciate its unique character. Our small size, pastoral setting, and diverse student body create an atmosphere unlike anyplace else you will find in Arizona. In fact, at first glimpse of the campus, lined with sycamores and evergreens and framed by the Gila and Pinaleno Mountains, you'll feel this is a place you can call home.Eastern Arizona is a public community college. Founded as St. Joseph Stake Academy in 1888, it provided education for the youth of the Gila Valley from 1890 until 1933. The institution introduced junior college courses in the early 1920s. Eastern Arizona College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.Eastern Arizona College has a comprehensive financial aid program to ensure, to the extent of available funding, that no student will be denied a college education because of lack of funds. EAC believes that primary responsibility for financing your education rests with you and your family. The ability of you and your family to provide that support is calculated through a federally approved needs analysis system.Eastern Arizona College encourages and supports a varied program of student activities and organizations. These include athletics, dramatics, music, religion, student publications, intramural sports, politics, and social and scholastic organizations.
The nearest community college to Eastern Arizona College is Pima Community College (78.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 19,512 students | 78.20 Mi4905C East Broadway Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85709
(520) 206-4500 78.2019,512
- 292 students | 78.30 Mi5441 E. 22nd St, Ste.125
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520) 748-9799 78.30292
- 1,931 students | 79.00 Mi2121 N Craycroft Road, Bldg 1
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520) 326-1600 79.001,931
- 3,672 students | 102.30 Mi901 N Colombo Ave
Sierra Vista, AZ 85635
(520) 515-0500 102.303,672
- 4,793 students | 110.10 Mi8470 N Overfield Rd
Coolidge, AZ 85128
(520) 494-5444 110.104,793
What states are home to the most diverse and least diverse community colleges? In our exclusive diversity report, we analyze our data to determine how much diversity there is on community college campuses throughout the United States. In addition, learn about the benefits of attending a community college with a diverse student body.
As the third wave of TAACCCT grants are issued, we take a look at how community colleges are using this federal money to beef up job training programs across the country.
We take a closer look at the Upward Bound program, which is designed to prepare students for college whom might not otherwise succeed due to economic or family factors.