ITT Technical Institute-Tucson (Closed 2016)
- ITT Educational Services, Inc. is a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. It operates over 80 ITT Technical Institutes in 30 states which predominantly provide career-focused, degree programs to approximately 40,000 students. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, it has been actively involved in the higher education community in the United States since 1969.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Tucson||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||66 staff|
|Total Enrollment||400 students||6,476 students|
|# Full-Time Students||304 students||1,336 students|
|# Part-Time Students||96 students||5,140 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$42,800||$31,100|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Each ITT Technical Institute is authorized by the state in which it is located and is either accredited by or in the process of seeking accreditation from an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. All ITT Technical Institutes (except in some instances the most recently opened institutes) are eligible to participate in the federal student financial aid programs. The school encourages student activities to help develop individual initiative, group leadership and cooperation. It is a goal of the school to help provide students with the opportunity to participate in activities which relate to educational objectives, satisfy social needs, provide recreational opportunities and encourage cultural enrichment. School-related student activities must be sanctioned, approved and supervised by the school. Emphasis is placed on helping you begin to develop skills and knowledge in technical areas that can have practical value in the workplace. Besides technical instruction, the programs of study offered at ITT Tech focus on helping you develop problem solving, critical thinking, communication and teamwork skills. Career preparation begins long before graduation in an ITT Tech undergraduate program. Assistance is offered on job-seeking and job-keeping skills and techniques. In addition, you are advised of job openings and interview opportunities.
- The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Tucson is Southwest University of Visual Arts-Tucson (5.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 172 students | 5.10 Mi2525 N Country Club Rd
Tucson,  AZ  85716
- 1,948 students | 5.50 Mi3350 East Grant Road, Suite 200
Tucson,  AZ  85716
- 611 students | 7.20 Mi4585 E Speedway Blvd.
Tucson,  AZ  85712
- 28,070 students | 8.20 Mi4905C East Broadway Blvd.
Tucson,  AZ  85709
- 507 students | 9.30 Mi5441 E. 22nd St, Ste.125
Tucson,  AZ  85711
Thanks to modern technology, students can now attend class from the comfort of their homes. While online courses were once deemed inferior to lecture halls, the stigma has seemed to fade as technology advances and becomes a greater and greater part of a standard academic curriculum.The virtual classroom is here, but are online college courses right for you?
The role of community colleges in the world of higher education has expanded over the years and, as the country works to recover from the coronavirus pandemic, they may be more important now than ever. Read on to learn more about the changing role of community colleges.
Colleges across the country are struggling to recover from the massive upheaval to the 2019-20 semester wrought by COVID-19. Housing refunds and slashed budgets are bound to have long-term impacts for the institutions that survive. Some experts suggest community colleges may be the best equipped to ride out the storm and may have the greatest impact in helping America recover.