ITT Technical Institute-Tucson (Closed 2016)
- ITT Educational Services, Inc. is a leading private college system focused on technology-oriented programs of study. It operates over 80 ITT Technical Institutes in 30 states which predominantly provide career-focused, degree programs to approximately 40,000 students. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, it has been actively involved in the higher education community in the United States since 1969.
The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 33% over five years.
|ITT Technical Institute-Tucson||(AZ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-Mixed Traditional/Nontraditional|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||140 staff|
Source: 2015 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Each ITT Technical Institute is authorized by the state in which it is located and is either accredited by or in the process of seeking accreditation from an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. All ITT Technical Institutes (except in some instances the most recently opened institutes) are eligible to participate in the federal student financial aid programs. The school encourages student activities to help develop individual initiative, group leadership and cooperation. It is a goal of the school to help provide students with the opportunity to participate in activities which relate to educational objectives, satisfy social needs, provide recreational opportunities and encourage cultural enrichment. School-related student activities must be sanctioned, approved and supervised by the school. Emphasis is placed on helping you begin to develop skills and knowledge in technical areas that can have practical value in the workplace. Besides technical instruction, the programs of study offered at ITT Tech focus on helping you develop problem solving, critical thinking, communication and teamwork skills. Career preparation begins long before graduation in an ITT Tech undergraduate program. Assistance is offered on job-seeking and job-keeping skills and techniques. In addition, you are advised of job openings and interview opportunities.
The nearest community college to ITT Technical Institute-Tucson is Pima Medical Institute-Tucson (5.5 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,851 students | 5.50 Mi3350 East Grant Road, Suite 100
Tucson, AZ 85716
(520) 326-1600 5.501,851
- 611 students | 7.20 Mi4585 E Speedway Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85712
(520) 327-6866 7.20611
- 19,594 students | 8.20 Mi4905C East Broadway Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85709
(520) 206-4500 8.2019,594
- 290 students | 9.30 Mi5441 E. 22nd St, Ste.125
Tucson, AZ 85711
(520) 748-9799 9.30290
- 5,044 students | 59.50 Mi8470 N Overfield Rd
Coolidge, AZ 85128
(520) 494-5444 59.505,044
Learn more about how community colleges and federal loans can help you affordably finance your community college education.
Many degree programs require students to take electives but what are the pros and cons of elective courses?
Many community college students are the first in their family to attend college, and this designation comes with its own share of responsibilities and challenges. Learn about the support available specifically for first-generation community college students.