Delaware Technical Community College-StantonWilmington
- Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide multi-campus community college committed to providing open admission, post-secondary education at the associate degree level. The College offers comprehensive educational opportunities including career, general, developmental and transfer education, lifelong learning, workforce education and training, and community services.
- The teacher population of 295 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Delaware Technical Community College-StantonWilmington||(DE) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||295 staff||151 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,700 students||2,939 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1||21:1|
|# Full-Time Students||2,188 students||1,285 students|
|# Part-Time Students||4,512 students||1,654 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$37,000||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide institution of higher education, providing academic, technical, continuing education, and industrial training opportunities to every resident of Delaware at four conveniently located campuses. Several degree programs are offered, and the Associate in Applied Science degree is granted upon successful completion of specific curriculum requirements. In addition, diploma and certificate programs are offered in a variety of technical areas at each campus. The College and its campuses are fully accredited by the Commission on Higher Education, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, several curricula have earned program-based accreditation by various professional organizations. The mission of Corporate & Community Programs Division (CCP), is to provide lifelong learning opportunities to a diverse population though quality education and training programs. CCP offers enrichment programs for unemployed, underemployed and incumbent adult workers, and personal & professional development opportunities to community residents. CCP supports the state's economic development efforts by designing and delivering training programs that address the specific needs of local businesses and industries. Additionally, CCP collaborates with local agencies and organizations to develop program intiatives that meet the needs of the communities we serve.
- The nearest community college to Delaware Technical Community College-StantonWilmington is Delaware College of Art and Design (6.7 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 185 students | 6.70 Mi600 N Market St
Wilmington,  DE  19801
- 1,173 students | 9.80 Mi460 Hollywood Avenue
Penns Grove,  NJ  08069
- 2,468 students | 16.40 MiOne Seahawk Drive
North East,  MD  21901
- 661 students | 20.80 Mi800 Manchester Ave
Media,  PA  19063
- 12,459 students | 23.60 Mi901 S Media Line Rd
Media,  PA  19063
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.