Delaware College of Art and Design
- Delaware College of Art and Design's mission is to educate talented and dedicated students to become art makers, idea generators, problem solvers, and visual communicators who can redefine the way we perceive and experience the world around us. It also serves as a visible stakeholder, cultural anchor, and catalyst for the revitalization of downtown Wilmington. The Delaware College of Art and Design is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Delaware College of Art and Design||(DE) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||151 staff|
|Total Enrollment||185 students||2,939 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||21:1|
|# Full-Time Students||166 students||1,285 students|
|# Part-Time Students||19 students||1,654 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||212||212|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,900||$33,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Delaware College of Art and Design is Salem Community College (5.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 1,173 students | 5.00 Mi460 Hollywood Avenue
Penns Grove,  NJ  08069
- 6,700 students | 6.70 Mi333 N. Shipley Street
Wilmington,  DE  19801
- 661 students | 14.40 Mi800 Manchester Ave
Media,  PA  19063
- 12,459 students | 17.60 Mi901 S Media Line Rd
Media,  PA  19063
- 337 students | 18.40 Mi1991 Sproul Road Suite 42
Broomall,  PA  19008
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.