Delaware College of Art and Design
Tel: (302) 622-8000
- Delaware College of Art and Design's mission is to educate talented and dedicated students to become art makers, idea generators, problem solvers, and visual communicators who can redefine the way we perceive and experience the world around us. It also serves as a visible stakeholder, cultural anchor, and catalyst for the revitalization of downtown Wilmington. The Delaware College of Art and Design is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- The teacher population of 13 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Delaware College of Art and Design||(DE) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Institution Control||Private, non-profit||Public|
|Total Faculty||13 staff||151 staff|
|Total Enrollment||185 students||2,939 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1||21:1|
|# Full-Time Students||166 students||1,285 students|
|# Part-Time Students||19 students||1,654 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||-||212|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$36,900||$33,400|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Delaware College of Art and Design is Delaware Technical Community College-StantonWilmington (0.2 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 6,700 students | 0.20 Mi333 N. Shipley Street
Wilmington,  DE  19801
(302) 571-5300 0.206,700
- 1,173 students | 5.00 Mi460 Hollywood Avenue
Penns Grove,  NJ  08069
(856) 299-2100 5.001,173
- 12,459 students | 14.30 Mi901 S Media Line Rd
Media,  PA  19063
(610) 359-5000 14.3012,459
- 661 students | 14.30 Mi800 Manchester Ave
Media,  PA  19063
(610) 892-1500 14.30661
- 6,720 students | 22.60 Mi1400 Tanyard Road
Sewell,  NJ  08080
(856) 468-5000 22.606,720
To accommodate students' schedules, along with growing enrollment rates, community colleges are offering classes in the late evening. Learn more about why you may be taking midnight classes at a campus near you.
An interesting case arose this week over a community college student in North Carolina that posted a rant about a new campus policy on his Facebook page. The student was suspended for two semesters, but quickly reinstated amid a flurry of protests over his free speech rights.
We examine the advantages and disadvantages of using online classes to earn your two-year degree.