- Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide multi-campus community college committed to providing open admission, post-secondary education at the associate degree level. The College offers comprehensive educational opportunities including career, general, developmental and transfer education, lifelong learning, workforce education and training, and community services.
Delaware Technical Community College-Terry serves 12,955 students (33% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 11:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 41% of the student body (majority Black), which is more than the state average of 38%.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 12,955 students
- In-state tuition: $3,530
- Out-state tuition: $8,282
- Student:teacher ratio: 11:1
- Minority enrollment: 41%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 1,162 teachers has grown by 669% over five years.
Delaware Technical Community College-Terry
(DE) Community College Avg.
Four or more years
Four or more years
The student population of Delaware Technical Community College-Terry has declined by 8% over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 11:1 has decreased from 12:1 over five years.
The Delaware Technical Community College-Terry diversity score of 0.60 is more than the state average of 0.57. The school's diversity has declined by 8% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,530 is equal to the state average of $3,530. The in-state tuition has declined by 27% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,282 is equal to the state average of $8,282. The out-state tuition has declined by 27% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide institution of higher education, providing academic, technical, continuing education, and industrial training opportunities to every resident of Delaware at four conveniently located campuses. Several degree programs are offered, and the Associate in Applied Science degree is granted upon successful completion of specific curriculum requirements. In addition, diploma and certificate programs are offered in a variety of technical areas at each campus. The College and its campuses are fully accredited by the Commission on Higher Education, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, several curricula have earned program-based accreditation by various professional organizations. Delaware Technical & Community College is a dynamic institution of higher education serving all of Delaware. In addition to four locations placed strategically in each of Delaware's counties, the College also offers various distance learning opportunities. In 2002-2003, Delaware Tech enrolled 41,406 different individuals, 93% of whom were Delaware residents. The average age of students at Delaware Tech is 28. The Terry Campus currently enrolls approximately 3,000 students each semester in credit courses.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Delaware Technical Community College-Terry cost?
Delaware Technical Community College-Terry's tuition is approximately $3,530 for In-State students and $8,282 for Out-State students.
What schools are Delaware Technical Community College-Terry often compared to?
Delaware Technical Community College-Terryis often viewed alongside schools like Delaware Technical Community College-Owens, Delaware Technical Community College-StantonWilmington by visitors of our site.
Microcredentials: Tailoring Learning Journeys in Robotics
Micro-credentials offer a unique opportunity for adult learners to tailor their learning journeys to their specific needs and career aspirations. In this article we explore micro-credentials in robotics.
How To Pay For A Community College Education
We look in-depth at how you can pay for a community college education.
April 07, 2023Spring 2023: Top 10 Job Fields
The job market is changing at warp speed. Find out which job fields are the most promising for community college graduates.