Salem Community College
Tel: (856) 299-2100
- At Salem Community College we believe in the value of education. Our commitment is to meet the ever-changing needs of a diverse community by providing high-quality and affordable education in a dynamic learning environment.
The teacher population of 44 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Salem Community College||(NJ) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional||Associate's Colleges: Mixed Transfer/Vocational & Technical-High Traditional|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||44 staff||234 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Salem Community College traces its origins to the opening of Salem County Technical Institute in 1958. The institute quickly established a reputation for excellence in postsecondary career education, particularly in the technical and health fields. Recognizing the college-level caliber of the institute's programs, the Salem County Board of Chosen Freeholders requested approval to grant degree-awarding authority to the institute. The New Jersey Board of Higher Education evaluated the institute's programs and granted the requested approval. On September 3, 1972, Salem Community College was established by the Board of Chosen Freeholders. Salem Community College is a two-year, public, comprehensive institution of higher education authorized to grant associate degrees (A.A., A.S. and A.A.S.) and certificates in over 40 liberal arts, business, practical nursing and technology programs of study. SCC places strong emphasis on educational outreach and an open admissions policy. SCC is committed to providing quality instruction, academic support and student services that meet students' educational goals. SCC has 11-acre campus in Carneys Point, NJ. SCC enjoys the advantages of being in a small suburban community while being near Wilmington Delaware, Philadelphia and other metropolitan areas. The Carneys Point Campus features the Glass Center, home of the nationally renowned programs in scientific glass technology and glass art. The Salem Center offers many of the same services available at the Carneys Point campus, including credit-course registration and placement testing. Salem Community College is fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. In addition, the College and its programs are approved by the New Jersey Commission on Higher Education.
The nearest community college to Salem Community College is Delaware College of Art and Design (5.0 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 118 students | 5.00 Mi600 N Market St
Wilmington, DE 19801
(302) 622-8000 5.00118
- 6,700 students | 5.10 Mi333 N. Shipley Street
Wilmington, DE 19801
(302) 571-5300 5.106,700
- 404 students | 14.80 Mi800 Manchester Ave
Media, PA 19063
(800) 422-0025 14.80404
- 11,314 students | 15.00 Mi901 S Media Line Rd
Media, PA 19063
(610) 359-5000 15.0011,314
- 7,130 students | 18.90 Mi1400 Tanyard Road
Sewell, NJ 08080
(856) 468-5000 18.907,130
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?