Delaware Technical Community College-Owens
- Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide multi-campus community college committed to providing open admission, post-secondary education at the associate degree level. The College offers comprehensive educational opportunities including career, general, developmental and transfer education, lifelong learning, workforce education and training, and community services.
- The teacher population of 201 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Delaware Technical Community College-Owens||(DE) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||201 staff||151 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,296 students||2,939 students|
|# Full-Time Students||1,803 students||1,285 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,493 students||1,654 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,800||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide institution of higher education, providing academic, technical, continuing education, and industrial training opportunities to every resident of Delaware at four conveniently located campuses. Several degree programs are offered, and the Associate in Applied Science degree is granted upon successful completion of specific curriculum requirements. In addition, diploma and certificate programs are offered in a variety of technical areas at each campus. The College and its campuses are fully accredited by the Commission on Higher Education, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, several curricula have earned program-based accreditation by various professional organizations. Located in the heart of Sussex County, our picturesque campus, situated on 146 acres with ten major buildings and a recreational complex, is the county hub for higher education. Known as the birthplace of Delaware Tech, the Owens Campus continues to be a leader in the community. Combining a reputation for nationally recognized education and our on-campus partnerships with four-year institutions, the campus offers lots of options as you choose a personalized education to fit the job market. From diverse student activities to the culture of symphony orchestra performances to being the home of national baseball champions, the Owens Campus shares excellence with Sussex County. Delaware Technical & Community College, Owens Campus, offers over 90 programs leading to an associate degree, diploma, and/or certificate.
- The nearest community college to Delaware Technical Community College-Owens is Wor-Wic Community College (23.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,104 students | 23.10 Mi32000 Campus Drive
Salisbury,  MD  21804
- 2,939 students | 35.70 Mi100 Campus Drive
Dover,  DE  19901
- 2,426 students | 41.00 Mi1000 College Circle
Wye Mills,  MD  21679
- 3,844 students | 54.50 Mi3322 College Drive
Vineland,  NJ  08362
- 15,274 students | 64.90 Mi101 College Pky
Arnold,  MD  21012
If you are interested in sleep, then a polysomnography career may be right for you. Learn about how you can begin this lucrative career in studying sleep disorders at your local community college.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
In the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, businesses around the country are facing setbacks - colleges included. Read on to learn more about the impact of the pandemic on higher education in the United States.