Delaware Technical Community College-Owens
Tel: (302) 856-5400
- Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide multi-campus community college committed to providing open admission, post-secondary education at the associate degree level. The College offers comprehensive educational opportunities including career, general, developmental and transfer education, lifelong learning, workforce education and training, and community services.
The teacher population of 201 teachers has declined by 16% over five years.
|Delaware Technical Community College-Owens||(DE) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||201 staff||151 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide institution of higher education, providing academic, technical, continuing education, and industrial training opportunities to every resident of Delaware at four conveniently located campuses. Several degree programs are offered, and the Associate in Applied Science degree is granted upon successful completion of specific curriculum requirements. In addition, diploma and certificate programs are offered in a variety of technical areas at each campus. The College and its campuses are fully accredited by the Commission on Higher Education, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, several curricula have earned program-based accreditation by various professional organizations. Located in the heart of Sussex County, our picturesque campus, situated on 146 acres with ten major buildings and a recreational complex, is the county hub for higher education. Known as the birthplace of Delaware Tech, the Owens Campus continues to be a leader in the community. Combining a reputation for nationally recognized education and our on-campus partnerships with four-year institutions, the campus offers lots of options as you choose a personalized education to fit the job market. From diverse student activities to the culture of symphony orchestra performances to being the home of national baseball champions, the Owens Campus shares excellence with Sussex County. Delaware Technical & Community College, Owens Campus, offers over 90 programs leading to an associate degree, diploma, and/or certificate.
The nearest community college to Delaware Technical Community College-Owens is Wor-Wic Community College (23.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,024 students | 23.10 Mi32000 Campus Drive
Salisbury, MD 21804
(410) 334-2800 23.103,024
- 13,895 students | 31.10 Mi100 Campus Drive
Dover, DE 19901
(302) 857-1000 31.1013,895
- 2,081 students | 34.80 Mi1000 College Circle
Wye Mills, MD 21679
(410) 822-5400 34.802,081
- 2,934 students | 56.50 Mi3322 College Drive
Vineland, NJ 08362
(856) 691-8600 56.502,934
- 12,886 students | 58.40 Mi101 College Pky
Arnold, MD 21012
(410) 777-2222 58.4012,886
While community colleges are a very affordable option over four-year universities, some campuses are increasing their tuition either across the board or for popular degree programs.
With a large percentage of community college students needing remedial coursework, educators and policymakers are questioning the causes and solutions to this problem. Gather insight into the issue and how students can better prepare for community college coursework.
Learn about the demand for technicians of alternative fuel automobiles and its future career potential. Start your career as an alternative fuel vehicle technician at your local community college.