Delaware Technical Community College-Owens
- Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide multi-campus community college committed to providing open admission, post-secondary education at the associate degree level. The College offers comprehensive educational opportunities including career, general, developmental and transfer education, lifelong learning, workforce education and training, and community services.
- The teacher population of 201 teachers has declined by 14% over five years.
|Delaware Technical Community College-Owens||(DE) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 but less than 4 years|
|Total Faculty||201 staff||151 staff|
|Total Enrollment||4,296 students||2,939 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1||21:1|
|# Full-Time Students||1,803 students||1,285 students|
|# Part-Time Students||2,493 students||1,654 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$32,800||$34,000|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide institution of higher education, providing academic, technical, continuing education, and industrial training opportunities to every resident of Delaware at four conveniently located campuses. Several degree programs are offered, and the Associate in Applied Science degree is granted upon successful completion of specific curriculum requirements. In addition, diploma and certificate programs are offered in a variety of technical areas at each campus. The College and its campuses are fully accredited by the Commission on Higher Education, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, several curricula have earned program-based accreditation by various professional organizations. Located in the heart of Sussex County, our picturesque campus, situated on 146 acres with ten major buildings and a recreational complex, is the county hub for higher education. Known as the birthplace of Delaware Tech, the Owens Campus continues to be a leader in the community. Combining a reputation for nationally recognized education and our on-campus partnerships with four-year institutions, the campus offers lots of options as you choose a personalized education to fit the job market. From diverse student activities to the culture of symphony orchestra performances to being the home of national baseball champions, the Owens Campus shares excellence with Sussex County. Delaware Technical & Community College, Owens Campus, offers over 90 programs leading to an associate degree, diploma, and/or certificate.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,104 students | 23.10 Mi32000 Campus Drive
Salisbury,  MD  21804
- 2,939 students | 35.70 Mi100 Campus Drive
Dover,  DE  19901
- 2,426 students | 41.00 Mi1000 College Circle
Wye Mills,  MD  21679
- 3,844 students | 54.50 Mi3322 College Drive
Vineland,  NJ  08362
- 15,274 students | 64.90 Mi101 College Pky
Arnold,  MD  21012
May 18, 2018
Community Colleges have existed for more than 100 years and they have changed significantly in that amount of time. Keep reading to learn more about the history of community colleges and how they've changed the face of American public education.
May 10, 2018
We’ll explore various degree programs for shy individuals who prefer to work independently, rather than in a team environment.
May 10, 2018
With more community colleges offering bachelor's degrees, the choices in getting a BA or BS are growing quickly. Learn about new bachelor's degrees you can obtain at community colleges, ranging from nursing to electrical engineering and every subject in between.