- Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide multi-campus community college committed to providing open admission, post-secondary education at the associate degree level. The College offers comprehensive educational opportunities including career, general, developmental and transfer education, lifelong learning, workforce education and training, and community services.
Delaware Technical Community College-Owens serves 4,296 students (42% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 21:1 is higher than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 29% of the student body (majority Black), which is less than the state average of 38%.
- Enrollment: 4,296 students
- In-state tuition: $3,530
- Out-state tuition: $8,282
- Student:teacher ratio: 21:1
- Minority enrollment: 29%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
The teacher population of 201 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Delaware Technical Community College-Owens
(DE) Community College Avg.
Less than 2 yrs
Four or more years
The student population of Delaware Technical Community College-Owens has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 21:1 has stayed the same over five years.
The Delaware Technical Community College-Owens diversity score of 0.47 is less than the state average of 0.57. The school's diversity has stayed relatively flat over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The public in-state tuition of $3,530 is equal to the state average of $3,530. The in-state tuition has grown by 14% over four years.
The public out-state tuition of $8,282 is equal to the state average of $8,282. The out-state tuition has grown by 15% over four years.
In-State Tuition Fees
Out-State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
- Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide institution of higher education, providing academic, technical, continuing education, and industrial training opportunities to every resident of Delaware at four conveniently located campuses. Several degree programs are offered, and the Associate in Applied Science degree is granted upon successful completion of specific curriculum requirements. In addition, diploma and certificate programs are offered in a variety of technical areas at each campus. The College and its campuses are fully accredited by the Commission on Higher Education, Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. In addition, several curricula have earned program-based accreditation by various professional organizations. Located in the heart of Sussex County, our picturesque campus, situated on 146 acres with ten major buildings and a recreational complex, is the county hub for higher education. Known as the birthplace of Delaware Tech, the Owens Campus continues to be a leader in the community. Combining a reputation for nationally recognized education and our on-campus partnerships with four-year institutions, the campus offers lots of options as you choose a personalized education to fit the job market. From diverse student activities to the culture of symphony orchestra performances to being the home of national baseball champions, the Owens Campus shares excellence with Sussex County. Delaware Technical & Community College, Owens Campus, offers over 90 programs leading to an associate degree, diploma, and/or certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Delaware Technical Community College-Owens cost?
Delaware Technical Community College-Owens's tuition is approximately $3,530 for In-State students and $8,282 for Out-State students.
What schools are Delaware Technical Community College-Owens often compared to?
Delaware Technical Community College-Owensis often viewed alongside schools like Delaware Technical Community College-StantonWilmington, Delaware Technical Community College-Terry by visitors of our site.
Why More Students are Turning to Community College Today
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Culinary Arts, Athletics, Massage Therapy and More: Programs Cut at Community Colleges
Against massive budget cuts, community colleges have been forced to take drastic measures, including cutting entire programs ranging from the culinary arts to athletics.
July 16, 2023Careers: Sustainable Agriculture
Discover the promising world of sustainable agriculture and explore the diverse careers it offers for those passionate about building a greener future. From eco-friendly farming practices and cutting-edge agri-tech to impactful roles in supply chain management and impact investment, this article sheds light on how professionals in sustainable agriculture are shaping a more sustainable and resilient global food system.