Dakota County Technical College
- Dakota County Technical College: Instructors with relevant industry experience Hands-on classes providing the practical work experience the market demands Flexible access to a variety of marketable skills in a collaborative environment An engaging, flexible environment dedicated to student success A technologically advanced environment committed to innovation and creativity
Quick Stats (2023)
- Enrollment: 2,319 students
- In-state tuition: $5,661
- Out-state tuition: $5,661
- Student:teacher ratio: 12:1
- Minority enrollment: 28%
- Source: Verified school update
Dakota County Technical College ranks among the top 20% of public schools in Minnesota for:
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
American Marketing Association, Business Professionals of America, Chess Club, Christians on Campus, DCTC Photons, Design Connexion, Entrepreneurs Club, Information Technology (IT) Club, Landscape Horticulture Club, Lions Club, Multicultural Student Leadership Association (MSLA), Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society (PTK), Sexuality and Gender Acceptance Association, SkillsUSA Minnesota, Student Ambassadors, Student Life, Student Senate, Veterans Club, Writers' Club
- Dakota County Technical College was created by the 1969 Minnesota Legislature and approved in 1970 by the Minnesota State Board of Education. Programs and facilities of Dakota County Technical College meet standards established by the Board of Trustees of the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU). All faculty are licensed. Local advisory committees evaluate and approve all program majors. Our main campus is located in Rosemount, Minn., a city of 15,000 30 minutes south of the Twin Cities. DCTC also has other conveniently located sites in Apple Valley, Burnsville and Eagan. DCTC serves nearly 11,500 students annually, with 5,400 students enrolled in regular credit courses and almost 6,000 students enrolled in customized training hour-based courses. DCTC instructors have worked extensively in their professions and remain active in the industry. They bring their business and industry experience into their classrooms, shops, labs and studios. Our instructors do more than teach--they advise and mentor students. They not only deliver superb coursework, but also work to achieve career results for their students such as help finding a new job or or improving current one.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Dakota County Technical College cost?
Dakota County Technical College's tuition is approximately $5,661 for In-State students and $5,661 for Out-State students.
What sports does Dakota County Technical College offer?
Dakota County Technical College offers 5 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball and Volleyball.
What is Dakota County Technical College's ranking?
Dakota County Technical College ranks among the top 20% of community college in Minnesota for: Highest completion rates and Least debt for graduating students.