Community College of Aurora
Tel: (303) 360-4700
- The Community College of Aurora takes education to a whole new level, combining solid theory with practical training. With this approach, CCA equips students with relevant learning for life that goes beyond the book. We take pride in knowing that our students graduate from cutting-edge programs ready to move to the next step in their lives, whether they transfer to a four-year institution or begin a new career.
The teacher population of 168 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Community College of Aurora||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associate's Colleges: High Transfer-High Nontraditional||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Public||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||168 staff||54 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The Community College of Aurora provides exciting new certificate choices in response to current workforce demands. We help students adapt to a bright new future by offering real life learning certificate programs in health care, sustainable energy technology, essential business skills, multimedia and web design, translation and interpretation, advanced computer technology, and more. Students obtain essential skills that prepare them to achieve their career goals, all at a great value. CCA faculty and staff are committed to creating an environment that is open, caring, and honest. Faculty are experienced and keep up-to-date on technological advancements and trends in their fields so that CCA curriculum is relevant and of the highest quality. CCA is a community where faculty take extra time to help dedicated students achieve success. Data show that when our students transfer to four-year schools, they earn higher grades than students who started college at those four-year institutions. We specialize in offering classes at convenient times and locations to meet students demanding schedules. CCA has hundreds of online, hybrid, and evening/weekend classes, as well as brand-new open entry classes that start every week. Our ExpressEd 10-week certificate programs are designed to retool employee skills or launch new careers quickly. Students may choose from more than 40 degrees and certificates in transfer and occupational education, and CCA's core classes are guaranteed to transfer to Colorado public colleges and universities. Our tuition and fees are nearly half of what students pay for the same education at a public or private university. CCA has two campuses located at Lowry and CentreTech Parkway. Our friendly and courteous staff are known for their outstanding customer service. Their efforts ease the stress that many new students feel when they start college straight out of high school or after a prolonged absence. When visiting with CCA advisors, students discover the most effective path for achieving their goals. Enrollment and registration staff help students navigate the computer system to get registered for classes. Financial aid counselors help students pursue possible scholarships and loans to help pay for their education. Friendly greeters show students where classrooms are at the beginning of each semester. Small class sizes, labs, and free tutoring support and enhance student learning. CCA's Career Center services guide and prepare students for successful employment. CCA is a unique global community with more than 100 countries represented in our student population, providing a rich educational experience and preparing students to compete in a global job market. Our community of students draws on the wealth of experience of fellow students who come from a variety of backgrounds and ages. The Community College of Aurora is accredited by the Commission of Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The college operates under the jurisdiction of the Colorado Community College and Occupational Education System. CCA students regularly transfer credits to state colleges and universities. Transfer information is available for student use in the Advising Center, A102.
The nearest community college to Community College of Aurora is Concorde Career College-Aurora (3.4 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 778 students | 3.40 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora, CO 80010
(303) 861-1151 3.40778
- 251 students | 4.50 Mi1681 S Dayton St
Denver, CO 80247
(303) 751-8700 4.50251
- 1,303 students | 5.00 Mi11194 E 45th Ave
Denver, CO 80239
(844) 768-0290 5.001,303
- 123 students | 7.60 Mi1385 S Colorado Blvd., 5th Floor
Denver, CO 80222
(303) 300-8740 7.60123
- 7,887 students | 10.80 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80204
(303) 556-2600 10.807,887
Calling all tech-lovers! A new survey by Republic’s Center for Digital Education and Converge Online has ranked the community colleges that most effectively integrate digital technology into daily campus life.
Veteran Charles Wittington, a community college student, wrote about his killing addiction and was subsequently banned from campus. Was he entitled through free speech to express his opinion, or is campus safety more important? Weigh in on the controversy.
Going to college is a big deal and so is choosing the right one. Keep reading to learn the top 10 questions to ask yourself before attending college and the best questions to help you make the right choice.