- Platt College offers diploma, associate degree, and bachelor degree programs. All programs are dedicated to providing not only the essential technical skills necessary for success but also the people skills and self-confidence that will enable each graduate to reach his or her full potential.
|Platt College-Aurora||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||- staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||208 students||1,643 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||208 students||742 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,000||$33,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Platt College is a nursing school, located minutes from Denver, that focuses on quality undergraduate education; in fact, it's our mission. We are glad that you have chosen to peruse our website firsthand. We think the friendliness of our campus community and rich heritage of higher education for more than 29 years will become apparent as you begin to consider a career in nursing at Platt College. You'll quickly see why Platt College is one of Colorado’s most easily accessible nursing program, offering a Bachelor of Science degree (BSN) in as little as 36 months with no prerequisites needed. We are committed to student success and we believe success is best fostered in an environment of mutual respect, caring, and high expectations.
- The nearest community college to Platt College-Aurora is Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 489 students | 2.10 Mi1681 S Dayton St
Denver,  CO  80247
- 328 students | 2.20 Mi14280 East Jewell Ave
Aurora,  CO  80012
- 761 students | 4.10 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora,  CO  80010
- 7,617 students | 4.80 Mi16000 E CentreTech Pky
Aurora,  CO  80011
- 407 students | 5.00 Mi1385 S Colorado Blvd., 5th Floor
Denver,  CO  80222
The Online Education Initiative will greatly expand course offerings for community college students, while making the transfer process between institutions much more smooth. The Initiative has its critics, however, who decry the loss of local control over education.
A recent study reveals that job applicants with a credential or associate’s degree from a community college have slightly better chances of getting a job interview than students who attend a for-profit college or university. Since community colleges are much more budget friendly than for-profit institutions and have much better job placement results, community colleges are a much better option for employment-minded students.
After City College of San Francisco loses its accreditation, other community colleges in the state are facing warnings, sanctions and possible loss of accreditation as well.