Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology
Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology Photo #4 - Outside patio area for outside studying and hanging out
Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology Photo #5 - Media Center - houses the Library, computer area, and Student Services offices.
- Located at base of the Rocky Mountains in beautiful Colorado, Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology is one of the largest veterinary technician schools in the United States.
The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 33% over five years.
|Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||54 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bel-Rea offers large animal internship programs at many facilities including Fossil Creek Veterinary Hospital, Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital or Littleton Large Animal Hospital. Each student will spend ten weeks in a variety of areas such as field service, surgery, radiology treatment and emergency treatments. Each student will gain a general knowledge of the aforementioned areas. Other areas of general knowledge will include an understanding of the relationship between the anatomy and physiology of patients and the impact that support areas such as radiology, laboratory tests and surgery may have on their prescribed treatments. On completion of your veterinary technician training, you'll have skills in handling and restraining animal patients, nursing care, office procedures, anesthesia, sterilization, radiology, pharmacology, parasitology, hematology, blood chemistry and other procedures. You'll also understand basic principles of anatomy, physiology, disease processes, veterinary laboratory procedures, and surgical techniques. Our graduates work in veterinary hospitals and clinics, medical research centers, breeding facilities, wild animal rescue organizations, feedlots and production farms, retail pet facilities, zoos and animal shelters.
The nearest community college to Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology is Concorde Career College-Aurora (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 778 students | 2.30 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora, CO 80010
(303) 861-1151 2.30778
- 123 students | 3.50 Mi1385 S Colorado Blvd., 5th Floor
Denver, CO 80222
(303) 300-8740 3.50123
- 7,981 students | 4.50 Mi16000 E CentreTech Pky
Aurora, CO 80011
(303) 360-4700 4.507,981
- 1,303 students | 6.40 Mi11194 E 45th Ave
Denver, CO 80239
(844) 768-0290 6.401,303
- 7,887 students | 7.90 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80204
(303) 556-2600 7.907,887
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
The current state of the United States education system is up in the air as COVID-19 spreads across the nation. Graduating high school seniors may find it necessary to change their plans for the fall of 2020 and many are considering a gap year.
July 30, 2021
Going to college is a major commitment and a big decision – one that thousands of students postponed during the pandemic. Now that things are slowly returning to normal, what does the world of academia look like and what challenges are educators currently facing?