Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology
Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology Photo #4 - Outside patio area for outside studying and hanging out
Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology Photo #5 - Media Center - houses the Library, computer area, and Student Services offices.
- Located at base of the Rocky Mountains in beautiful Colorado, Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology is one of the largest veterinary technician schools in the United States.
The teacher population of 16 teachers has declined by 50% over five years.
|Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates Colleges||Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, for profit|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||54 staff|
Source: 2019 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bel-Rea offers large animal internship programs at many facilities including Fossil Creek Veterinary Hospital, Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital or Littleton Large Animal Hospital. Each student will spend ten weeks in a variety of areas such as field service, surgery, radiology treatment and emergency treatments. Each student will gain a general knowledge of the aforementioned areas. Other areas of general knowledge will include an understanding of the relationship between the anatomy and physiology of patients and the impact that support areas such as radiology, laboratory tests and surgery may have on their prescribed treatments. On completion of your veterinary technician training, you'll have skills in handling and restraining animal patients, nursing care, office procedures, anesthesia, sterilization, radiology, pharmacology, parasitology, hematology, blood chemistry and other procedures. You'll also understand basic principles of anatomy, physiology, disease processes, veterinary laboratory procedures, and surgical techniques. Our graduates work in veterinary hospitals and clinics, medical research centers, breeding facilities, wild animal rescue organizations, feedlots and production farms, retail pet facilities, zoos and animal shelters.
The nearest community college to Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology is Concorde Career College-Aurora (2.3 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 423 students | 2.30 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora, CO 80010
(303) 861-1151 2.30423
- 7,981 students | 4.50 Mi16000 E CentreTech Pky
Aurora, CO 80011
(303) 360-4700 4.507,981
- 1,303 students | 6.40 Mi11194 E 45th Ave
Denver, CO 80239
(844) 768-0290 6.401,303
- 7,887 students | 7.90 Mi1111 W. Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80204
(303) 556-2600 7.907,887
- 18,368 students | 9.30 Mi5900 S. Santa Fe Dr.
Littleton, CO 80160
(303) 797-4222 9.3018,368
While community colleges are a very affordable option over four-year universities, some campuses are increasing their tuition either across the board or for popular degree programs.
With a large percentage of community college students needing remedial coursework, educators and policymakers are questioning the causes and solutions to this problem. Gather insight into the issue and how students can better prepare for community college coursework.
Learn about the demand for technicians of alternative fuel automobiles and its future career potential. Start your career as an alternative fuel vehicle technician at your local community college.