Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||489 students||1,643 students|
|# Full-Time Students||489 students||742 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$33,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bel-Rea offers large animal internship programs at many facilities including Fossil Creek Veterinary Hospital, Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital or Littleton Large Animal Hospital. Each student will spend ten weeks in a variety of areas such as field service, surgery, radiology treatment and emergency treatments. Each student will gain a general knowledge of the aforementioned areas. Other areas of general knowledge will include an understanding of the relationship between the anatomy and physiology of patients and the impact that support areas such as radiology, laboratory tests and surgery may have on their prescribed treatments. On completion of your veterinary technician training, you'll have skills in handling and restraining animal patients, nursing care, office procedures, anesthesia, sterilization, radiology, pharmacology, parasitology, hematology, blood chemistry and other procedures. You'll also understand basic principles of anatomy, physiology, disease processes, veterinary laboratory procedures, and surgical techniques. Our graduates work in veterinary hospitals and clinics, medical research centers, breeding facilities, wild animal rescue organizations, feedlots and production farms, retail pet facilities, zoos and animal shelters.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology is Platt College-Aurora (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 208 students | 2.10 Mi3100 South Parker Road
Aurora,  CO  80014
- 761 students | 2.30 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora,  CO  80010
- 328 students | 2.90 Mi14280 East Jewell Ave
Aurora,  CO  80012
- 7,617 students | 4.50 Mi16000 E CentreTech Pky
Aurora,  CO  80011
- 1,391 students | 4.50 Mi7150 Montview Blvd
Denver,  CO  80220
Check out the latest rankings by Community College Times that shows the community colleges that were the top degree producers in the country last year.
Living with roommates is part of an authentic college experience, but is it an option for community college students? Read on to learn about housing options in community college and to learn how to survive the year with roommates.
Some people seem to graduate high school but never really leave the academic world behind. No matter what career you pursue, there are plenty of opportunities for higher education, but are they worth it. Read on to learn about graduate degrees in nursing and whether they are worth the time, cost, and effort.