Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||489 students||1,643 students|
|# Full-Time Students||489 students||742 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$33,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bel-Rea offers large animal internship programs at many facilities including Fossil Creek Veterinary Hospital, Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital or Littleton Large Animal Hospital. Each student will spend ten weeks in a variety of areas such as field service, surgery, radiology treatment and emergency treatments. Each student will gain a general knowledge of the aforementioned areas. Other areas of general knowledge will include an understanding of the relationship between the anatomy and physiology of patients and the impact that support areas such as radiology, laboratory tests and surgery may have on their prescribed treatments. On completion of your veterinary technician training, you'll have skills in handling and restraining animal patients, nursing care, office procedures, anesthesia, sterilization, radiology, pharmacology, parasitology, hematology, blood chemistry and other procedures. You'll also understand basic principles of anatomy, physiology, disease processes, veterinary laboratory procedures, and surgical techniques. Our graduates work in veterinary hospitals and clinics, medical research centers, breeding facilities, wild animal rescue organizations, feedlots and production farms, retail pet facilities, zoos and animal shelters.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology is Platt College-Aurora (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 208 students | 2.10 Mi3100 South Parker Road
Aurora,  CO  80014
- 761 students | 2.30 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora,  CO  80010
- 328 students | 2.90 Mi14280 East Jewell Ave
Aurora,  CO  80012
- 7,617 students | 4.50 Mi16000 E CentreTech Pky
Aurora,  CO  80011
- 1,391 students | 4.50 Mi7150 Montview Blvd
Denver,  CO  80220
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.