Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||489 students||1,643 students|
|# Full-Time Students||489 students||742 students|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$33,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bel-Rea offers large animal internship programs at many facilities including Fossil Creek Veterinary Hospital, Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital or Littleton Large Animal Hospital. Each student will spend ten weeks in a variety of areas such as field service, surgery, radiology treatment and emergency treatments. Each student will gain a general knowledge of the aforementioned areas. Other areas of general knowledge will include an understanding of the relationship between the anatomy and physiology of patients and the impact that support areas such as radiology, laboratory tests and surgery may have on their prescribed treatments. On completion of your veterinary technician training, you'll have skills in handling and restraining animal patients, nursing care, office procedures, anesthesia, sterilization, radiology, pharmacology, parasitology, hematology, blood chemistry and other procedures. You'll also understand basic principles of anatomy, physiology, disease processes, veterinary laboratory procedures, and surgical techniques. Our graduates work in veterinary hospitals and clinics, medical research centers, breeding facilities, wild animal rescue organizations, feedlots and production farms, retail pet facilities, zoos and animal shelters.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology is Platt College-Aurora (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 208 students | 2.10 Mi3100 South Parker Road
Aurora,  CO  80014
- 761 students | 2.30 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora,  CO  80010
- 328 students | 2.90 Mi14280 East Jewell Ave
Aurora,  CO  80012
- 407 students | 3.50 Mi1385 S Colorado Blvd., 5th Floor
Denver,  CO  80222
- 7,617 students | 4.50 Mi16000 E CentreTech Pky
Aurora,  CO  80011
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.