Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology
- Located at base of the Rocky Mountains in beautiful Colorado, Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology is one of the largest veterinary technician schools in the United States.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has declined by 60% over five years.
|Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Institution Level||At least 2 but less than 4 years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||48 staff|
|Total Enrollment||489 students||1,571 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||41:1||36:1|
|# Full-Time Students||489 students||670 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan||-|
|% Two or more races|
|% Non Resident races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$33,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bel-Rea offers large animal internship programs at many facilities including Fossil Creek Veterinary Hospital, Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital or Littleton Large Animal Hospital. Each student will spend ten weeks in a variety of areas such as field service, surgery, radiology treatment and emergency treatments. Each student will gain a general knowledge of the aforementioned areas. Other areas of general knowledge will include an understanding of the relationship between the anatomy and physiology of patients and the impact that support areas such as radiology, laboratory tests and surgery may have on their prescribed treatments. On completion of your veterinary technician training, you'll have skills in handling and restraining animal patients, nursing care, office procedures, anesthesia, sterilization, radiology, pharmacology, parasitology, hematology, blood chemistry and other procedures. You'll also understand basic principles of anatomy, physiology, disease processes, veterinary laboratory procedures, and surgical techniques. Our graduates work in veterinary hospitals and clinics, medical research centers, breeding facilities, wild animal rescue organizations, feedlots and production farms, retail pet facilities, zoos and animal shelters.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 208 students | 2.10 Mi3100 South Parker Road
Aurora,  CO  80014
- 761 students | 2.30 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora,  CO  80010
- 328 students | 2.90 Mi14280 East Jewell Ave
Aurora,  CO  80012
- 407 students | 3.50 Mi1385 S Colorado Blvd., 5th Floor
Denver,  CO  80222
- 7,617 students | 4.50 Mi16000 E CentreTech Pky
Aurora,  CO  80011
February 07, 2018
Air traffic controllers enjoy secure, interesting work. Earning a degree in ATC at a community college is an excellent first step to securing a job.
December 21, 2017
Many students start their academic careers at a community college, hoping to transfer to a four-year university, but find themselves missing the mark. Thankfully, a new report surveying university leaders provides ideas on how to help students make the transfer successfully.
December 21, 2017
Learn about the research that shows how participation in community college boosts student performance and success.