Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology Photo #4 - Outside patio area for outside studying and hanging out
Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology Photo #5 - Media Center - houses the Library, computer area, and Student Services offices.
- Located at base of the Rocky Mountains in beautiful Colorado, Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology is one of the largest veterinary technician schools in the United States.
Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology serves 306 students (100% of students are full-time).
The college's student:teacher ratio of 9:1 is lower than the state community college average of 14:1.
Minority enrollment is 27% of the student body (majority Hispanic), which is less than the state average of 43%.
- Enrollment: 306 students
- Private-state tuition: $32,900
- Acceptance Rate: 24%
- Student:teacher ratio: 9:1
- Minority enrollment: 27%
- Source: Verified school update
The teacher population of 35 teachers has grown by 191% over five years.
Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology
(CO) Community College Avg.
At least 2 but less than 4 years
Four or more years
The student population of Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology has stayed relatively flat over five years.
The student:teacher ratio of 9:1 has increased from 8:1 over five years.
The Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology diversity score of 0.44 is less than the state average of 0.62. The school's diversity has grown by 10% over five years.
Student : Teacher Ratio
# Full-Time Students
# Part-Time Students
# Enrollment Undergraduate
# Full-Time Undergraduate Students
# Full-Time Graduate Students
# Part-Time Undergraduate Students
# Part-Time Graduate Students
Total Dormitory Capacity
% American Indian/Alaskan
% Two or more races
% Non Resident races
% Unknown races
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in less than 4 years)
College Completion Rate (Students who graduate in 4 years or more than 4 years)
Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
The private state tuition of $32,900 is more than the state average of $16,261. The private state tuition has grown by 175% over four years.
Private State Tuition Fees
% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid
Median Debt for Graduates
Median Debt for Dropouts
Source: 2021 (or latest year available) Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) , School Administrators
- Bel-Rea offers large animal internship programs at many facilities including Fossil Creek Veterinary Hospital, Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital or Littleton Large Animal Hospital. Each student will spend ten weeks in a variety of areas such as field service, surgery, radiology treatment and emergency treatments. Each student will gain a general knowledge of the aforementioned areas. Other areas of general knowledge will include an understanding of the relationship between the anatomy and physiology of patients and the impact that support areas such as radiology, laboratory tests and surgery may have on their prescribed treatments. On completion of your veterinary technician training, you'll have skills in handling and restraining animal patients, nursing care, office procedures, anesthesia, sterilization, radiology, pharmacology, parasitology, hematology, blood chemistry and other procedures. You'll also understand basic principles of anatomy, physiology, disease processes, veterinary laboratory procedures, and surgical techniques. Our graduates work in veterinary hospitals and clinics, medical research centers, breeding facilities, wild animal rescue organizations, feedlots and production farms, retail pet facilities, zoos and animal shelters.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology cost?
Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology's private state tuition is approximately $32,900.
What is the acceptance rate of Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology?
The acceptance rate of Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology is 24%, which is lower than the state average of 83%. Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology's acceptance rate is ranked among the top community colleges in Colorado with low acceptance rates.
What is Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology's ranking?
Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology ranks among the top 20% of community college in Colorado for: Lowest acceptance rates.
Simple Mistakes Cost Community College Students Millions
Are you receiving the full financial aid you should? The process of applying for financial aid can be both time-consuming and confusing, especially for first-time college students. Learn about common errors to avoid in order to maximize your financial aid opportunities.
OSHA Training at Community College: Making Workplace Safety Easier
Businesses and prospective employees need to look no further than community colleges for valuable, certified, and affordable OSHA training.
Careers: Smart Grid Tecnology
The "smart grid" presents a myriad of opportunities for green collar jobs. Learn about the job prospects in the industry and how your local community college can provide you with the training to capitalize on this growing industry.