Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology
Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology Photo #4 - Outside patio area for outside studying and hanging out
Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology Photo #5 - Media Center - houses the Library, computer area, and Student Services offices.
- Located at base of the Rocky Mountains in beautiful Colorado, Bel-Rea Institute of Animal Technology is one of the largest veterinary technician schools in the United States.
- The teacher population of 16 teachers has grown by 33% over five years.
|Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology||(CO) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs||Four or more years|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||16 staff||40 staff|
|Total Enrollment||251 students||1,643 students|
|# Full-Time Students||489 students||742 students|
|% American Indian/Alaskan|
|% Two or more races|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate (Year 2015)|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$29,900||$33,100|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Bel-Rea offers large animal internship programs at many facilities including Fossil Creek Veterinary Hospital, Colorado State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital or Littleton Large Animal Hospital. Each student will spend ten weeks in a variety of areas such as field service, surgery, radiology treatment and emergency treatments. Each student will gain a general knowledge of the aforementioned areas. Other areas of general knowledge will include an understanding of the relationship between the anatomy and physiology of patients and the impact that support areas such as radiology, laboratory tests and surgery may have on their prescribed treatments. On completion of your veterinary technician training, you'll have skills in handling and restraining animal patients, nursing care, office procedures, anesthesia, sterilization, radiology, pharmacology, parasitology, hematology, blood chemistry and other procedures. You'll also understand basic principles of anatomy, physiology, disease processes, veterinary laboratory procedures, and surgical techniques. Our graduates work in veterinary hospitals and clinics, medical research centers, breeding facilities, wild animal rescue organizations, feedlots and production farms, retail pet facilities, zoos and animal shelters.
Profile last updated:
- The nearest community college to Bel-Rea Institute Of Animal Technology is Platt College-Aurora (2.1 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 208 students | 2.10 Mi3100 South Parker Road
Aurora,  CO  80014
(303) 369-5151 2.10208
- 761 students | 2.30 Mi111 N. Havana Street
Aurora,  CO  80010
(303) 861-1151 2.30761
- 328 students | 2.90 Mi14280 East Jewell Ave
Aurora,  CO  80012
(303) 745-6244 2.90328
- 7,617 students | 4.50 Mi16000 E CentreTech Pky
Aurora,  CO  80011
(303) 360-4700 4.507,617
- 1,391 students | 4.50 Mi7150 Montview Blvd
Denver,  CO  80220
(303) 256-9300 4.501,391
Learn about mentoring programs at community colleges around the country and the benefits they offer to students.
The millennial generation is assumed to be entitled, lazy, and tech-obsessed. When you graduate from college, you may find yourself working against these stereotypes to land your first job. Keep reading to learn some tips for breaking those millennial stereotypes.
If capturing a moment in time calls to you, then consider developing your photography career starting at your community college. Learn about how community colleges can train and prepare you for a career in photography.