West Georgia Technical College (LaGrange)
|West Georgia Technical College (LaGrange)||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Associates--Public Rural-serving Medium||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||At least 2 years but < 4 years||Four or more years|
|Total Enrollment||1,806 students||2,588 students|
|% Unknown races|
|% Students Receiving Some Financial Aid||97%||93%|
|Median Debt for Graduates||-||-|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||-||-|
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to West Georgia Technical College (LaGrange) is Southern Union State Community College (31.6 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 4,727 students | 31.60 Mi750 Roberts St
Wadley,  AL  36276
- n/a students | 32.40 Mi7300 Blackmon Road
Columbus,  GA  31909
- 3,594 students | 34.40 Mi928 Manchester Expy
Columbus,  GA  31904
- 1,805 students | 39.60 Mi2602 College Drive
Phenix City,  AL  36869
- 4,898 students | 47.20 Mi501 Varsity Rd
Griffin,  GA  30223
We look at why millions of Americans are choosing community college over a traditional four-year school today.
Many students enroll in community college with the intent of transferring to a four-year school. Of those who do, many succeed, and yet traditional colleges and universities continue to overlook them. Read on to learn more about why more community college students don’t transfer schools and to receive some tips for making the transfer yourself.
Community college is the only option for many students who either can’t afford a traditional four-year university or who need a more flexible school environment. Just because community college is different, however, doesn’t mean that its students matter any less. The Aspen Prize exists to encourage community colleges to do more for their students and to continually strive for improvement.