Georgia Military College-Columbus Campus
- Georgia Military College is a public-independent educational institution, comprised of a junior college and a separate preparatory school (grades 6-12), whose mission and purpose is to produce educated citizens by providing junior college students with a liberal arts based two-year undergraduate curriculum, by providing selected college students with ROTC training, and by providing preparatory school students an inclusive college preparatory curriculum that includes a military training component-all in an environment conducive to the holistic development of the intellect and character of its students.
- The teacher population of 12 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Georgia Military College-Columbus Campus||(GA) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||Less than 2 yrs||Four or more years|
|Total Faculty||12 staff||94 staff|
|Total Enrollment||-||2,588 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||0:1||27:1|
|# Full-Time Students||-||1,115 students|
|# Part-Time Students||-||1,473 students|
|% Two or more races||-|
|% Unknown races|
|College Completion Rate|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$35,000||$30,600|
|Median Debt for Graduates||$9,187||$9,187|
|Median Debt for Dropouts||$3,500||$3,667|
Source: 2012 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- The nearest community college to Georgia Military College-Columbus Campus is Columbus Technical College (5.8 miles away).
- College Location Mi. Students
- 3,594 students | 5.80 Mi928 Manchester Expy
Columbus,  GA  31904
- 1,805 students | 11.50 Mi2602 College Drive
Phenix City,  AL  36869
- 1,806 students | 32.40 MiOne College Circle
Lagrange,  GA  30240
- 1,658 students | 48.40 Mi900 South GA Tech Parkway
Americus,  GA  31709
- 303 students | 54.10 Mi501College St
Cuthbert,  GA  39840
Learn about 10 of the best jobs in health care that you can land with just a two-year degree from your local community college.
The cost of obtaining a college degree is high, especially at private universities. Students can save a great deal by choosing community college, but there are still other costs to consider. Read on to learn what costs to expect in community college and to learn some essential money management tips.
You’ve heard the saying that a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Unfortunately, many community college students find that their academic chain in school is full of weak links. Read on to learn the challenges that keep community college students from achieving success and what schools and students can do to resolve those issues.