- Andrew College is a small, residential, two-year college related to The United Methodist Church. Its mission is to provide an academically challenging liberal arts curriculum within a nurturing community.
- Enrollment: 289 students
- Private-state tuition: $14,226
- Acceptance Rate: 41%
- Student:teacher ratio: 4:1
- Minority enrollment: 69%
- Source: Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Charter of Andrew College, granted in 1854 by the Georgia Legislature, is the second oldest charter in the United States giving an educational institution the right to confer degrees upon women. Originally named Andrew Female College, Andrew operated as a women's four-year college for 63 years. In 1917 Andrew became a junior college and in 1956 the institution became co-educational. The Andrew campus is a melting pot of diversity. We have 15 buildings on approximately 40 acres where our dedicated faculty teaches nearly 400 students from 10 states and 10 different countries. Andrew is located in the beautiful rolling hills of Southwest Georgia in the friendly town of Cuthbert, only a short afternoon drive from the North Georgia mountains or the Gulf Coast beaches. As a private, residential, two-year college, Andrew provides students with a better beginning to their collegiate career. Andrew College offers life changing opportunities and experiences for students who want to make a real difference on campus during their critical freshman and sophomore years. Andrew students take a broad array of courses within the areas of math and science, social science, humanities, and fine arts, as we want our graduates to be well prepared for whatever path in life they may choose. If you come to Andrew, we will not train you for a job – we will teach you a lifelong passion for learning and the desire to succeed. We teach more than subject matter at Andrew; we teach the values of responsibility, acceptance and respect of all people, and dedicated service to others. Andrew College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Andrew College is listed by the University Senate of The United Methodist Church.