- The teacher population of 376 teachers has stayed relatively flat over five years.
|Monroe College||(NY) Community College Avg.|
|Carnegie Classification||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges||Baccalaureate / Associates Colleges|
|Institution Level||4 or more years||At least 2 yrs but < 4 yrs|
|Institution Control||Private, for profit||Private, non-profit|
|Total Faculty||376 staff||81 staff|
|Total Enrollment||6,601 students||1,701 students|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1||28:1|
|# Full-Time Students||5,229 students||1,163 students|
|# Part-Time Students||1,372 students||538 students|
|# Undergraduate Students||5,845 students||1,104 students|
|# Graduate Students||756 students||95 students|
|Total Dormitory Capacity||900||451|
|% Non Resident races|
|% Unknown races|
|Average Graduate Earnings (10 Years)||$31,100||$35,200|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Rugby, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Source: 2016 (or latest year available) IPEDS
- Monroe College was founded in 1933 with a goal to educate men and women for a successful future in the world. Monroe offers Bachelor's degree programs, with an Associate degree along the way, in the most relevant areas for today's rapidly changing global economy. Monroe offers Associate (A.A.S.), Bachelor's (B.B.A.) and Master's (MBA) degrees leading to employment in today's biggest fields. Degrees include Medical Administration, Medical Assisting and Health Services Administration, Computer Information Systems, Business Technologies, Criminal Justice, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Culinary Arts, Business Administration, Business Management, General Business and Accounting. Monroe College also understands the value and importance of technology-today and into the future. Distance Learning courses allow students to take classes via the Internet, while a direct digital connection provides teleconferencing between the Bronx and Westchester campuses. At Monroe, each student takes a Liberal Arts core with their degree of choice to ensure a well rounded, comprehensive education. Courses include, psychology, sociology, anthropology, literature, and history. Monroe College is accredited by the Commission on Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S.
- College Location Mi. Students
- 11,506 students | 2.30 Mi2155 University Avenue
Bronx,  NY  10453
- 6,985 students | 3.90 Mi500 Grand Concourse
Bronx,  NY  10451
- 1,163 students | 4.30 Mi3755 Broadway
New York,  NY  10032
- n/a students | 4.50 Mi53 Valentine St
Mount Vernon,  NY  10550
- 444 students | 5.20 Mi24 East 120th Street
New York,  NY  10035
Complaints about the current system of accrediting community colleges, combined with the quickly changing scope of community college education and how it’s delivered, may soon necessitate changes in the way that community college programs are accredited.
Community college enrollment is in decline, but some schools are refusing to roll over. Read on to learn the factors impacting enrollment rates and what some schools are doing to stay afloat.
In a time of change, the LGBTQ community is receiving more support than ever and the world is changing with each passing year. As a young adult member of the LGBTQ community, you have unique opportunities to take advantage of when preparing to enter college if you choose to. Keep reading to learn what you can expect to see during your college search and how best to prepare for your freshman year.